1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint on the face is a good upgrade--the hair--not so much. Definite improvement on the clothing--quite a step up V1. Walkman cable improved. No glasses or in-accurate guitar--but you get a sketchy looking Einstein. My assessment--1 for the V2 over V1.

I will look to purchase the parted out V2 HS--yup likely scalper prices but I am not dropping $400+ CAD on this...

(revised: Clothing better on V2)

Last edited:
Damnit! I was initially not bothered by this release and happy with my V1.0 .. but now Justin has shown it off, man the sculpt looks so much better. Side by side really shows that (for me at least). Balls.

Probably no chance of getting it in the UK anyway.

Damnit! I was initially not bothered by this release and happy with my V1.0 .. but now Justin has shown it off, man the sculpt looks so much better. Side by side really shows that (for me at least). Balls.

I saw the figure for sale on the Statuesque website a few days ago (they are UK based) - think it was about £320 though.

Will just wait until the V2.0 head gets recast and sold on eBay:monkey3.
Only problem with that is the skin colour difference between the neck and head (V1 is tanned). But I did consider it though.

I saw the figure for sale on the Statuesque website a few days ago (they are UK based) - think it was about £320 though.

Yikes!

Yup, I'm feeling the same way right now. I had already written this figure off completely but now it really does seem to look much better all around than my V1.

And while the hair might not be as finely detailed, I prefer the bigger overall shape a lot more, as the original hair always seemed way too narrow and tight to his head.

And with the mouth being closed a bit more you also no longer have the glaring lack of teeth inside.

Last edited:
Excellent review from Justin. I'll be happy to have both versions of Marty. It's crazy how much better those v2 hands look. Einstein would be so much better if not for that pointless nasty articulation seam.

Absolutely love it. I can’t wait to get it in hand. Complete 180 from 1st promo pics. The sculpt is outstanding.

This can be ordered on Sideshow Collectibles and other NA retailers. I really don't know how "exclusive" this will actually be...
Thanks! I was just trying to work out why this is SO inflated on eBay?! Obviously they always are but this seems another level??

After seeing Justin's video, I'm more convinced the 1st one looks better but not surprisingly he goes for 2.0.

I actually wish I had got the Bttf 2 version though. That looks pretty awesome but I think at the time I was being squeezed by marvel and star wars .

Absolutely love it. I can’t wait to get it in hand. Complete 180 from 1st promo pics. The sculpt is outstanding.
Promo pics is so manipulated with filters and all... Justin and Man of Hot Collectibles review just did this figure justice and crush many doubts everywhere. The hair is finely sculpted and more accurate, grey socks is the right one, better cable on earphones, and the list goes on.

The only thing that i wish HT didn't overlooked: sunglasses and yellow guitar.

I'm glad i sold this guy a year ago... for a while he does serve his job well, but that hair and that tan color always irks me.
Hot Toys - Back to the Future - Marty McFly Collectible_PR13.jpg

Back