1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way Hot Toys chooses scene references for sculpting the head sculpts, I'd expect them to use these references if they ever decided to make Lorraine. :ROFLMAO:
95a0bc27053dab7d0fc4140816c6bd64.jpg
ad9e7f53271481b868bc00340523c7416104db3f.jpg

Also, I'd like to see the Eric Stoltz cut, because his version looked darker and more serious. I like his black costume.

Back to the Future probably ruined that guy's life. "Well buddy, we cast you because we couldn't get MJF but you suck so bad that we are gonna reshoot half the movie on nights and weekends because we begged MJF to work 20 hours a day and he agreed".

Is it me, or did 1950's Beef get thinner in BTTF2? He looked less buff.

Also, I'd like to see the Eric Stoltz cut, because his version looked darker and more serious. I like his black costume.
You mean Biff? Well it Was four years after the original maybe Wilson got thinner or Zemeckis thought Biff was too buff and told Wilson to lose some weight since he was going to have a bigger role in the sequel :dunno

The little guitar had already fallen down on the new Marty, HT and their useless glue.

Lol HT has made some of the most impressive collectibles on the market, very innovative tailoring, paint apps, Iron Man figures, etc. And for at least a decade they have continued to use adhesive products worse than what you find at a dollar store.

Lol HT has made some of the most impressive collectibles on the market, very innovative tailoring, paint apps, Iron Man figures, etc. And for at least a decade they have continued to use adhesive products worse than what you find at a dollar store.

It's down to health and safety.

With anything stronger the factory workers would be so high that Hot Toys would have almost as many quality control issues as Sideshow.

:monkey3

It's down to health and safety.

With anything stronger the factory workers would be so high that Hot Toys would have almost as many quality control issues as Sideshow.

:monkey3

Some of their employees must manage to get their hands on the good stuff. Like the guy who decided not to make the part 1 Doc for 6 years, then turn around and reuse the part 2 sculpt for him. And the guy who sculpted Bro Katan. I'm sure there are many other examples:lol

much better sculpt and paint apps. I’d forgotten how bad the V1 is.
The paint apps makes of Marty v1 always look tannish and that hair is just wrong...his hair has a volume for most of the part and there's a hint of reddish brown in the first BTTF.

And I always think this particular scene and expression as their main reference for this new HS.

Attachments

• 2021-09-19 (2).png
    2021-09-19 (2).png
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
much better sculpt and paint apps. I’d forgotten how bad the V1 is.
Most aspects of the v1 he shows in the video are better though, from the stitching on the outer jacket to even the printing quality of the tiny buttons. I prefer the new sculpt but the hair is so blobby compared to the fine sculpted detail of the old hair (something I have noticed more and more with newer Hot Toys figures actually for whatever reason). Kinda dampens my enthusiasm for this one a bit honestly.

Most aspects of the v1 he shows in the video are better though, from the stitching on the outer jacket to even the printing quality of the tiny buttons. I prefer the new sculpt but the hair is so blobby compared to the fine sculpted detail of the old hair (something I have noticed more and more with newer Hot Toys figures actually for whatever reason). Kinda dampens my enthusiasm for this one a bit honestly.
it could be his own QC issues regarding the stitching and the printing on the buttons... I hope it doesn't occur to others hence why we still should look at other reviewers video.

The paint apps makes of Marty v1 always look tannish and that hair is just wrong...his hair has a volume for most of the part and there's a hint of reddish brown in the first BTTF.

And I always think this particular scene and expression as their main reference for this new HS.
Agree.

I think this side on pic is spot on to the new head sculpt.

1632063020826.png

it could be his own QC issues regarding the stitching and the printing on the buttons... I hope it doesn't occur to others hence why we still should look at other reviewers video.
True. Plus sometimes when they do these early release batches they will tighten things up later for the wide release.

The hair on the original is better--the new sculpt on the hair is soft. The paint is better on the V2 lighter--but having the V1 I can live with it --I will not upgrade. May try to pick up the Einstein when it gets parted out--just to complete the V1 mall scene.

After watching mrcollectibles review of the 2.0 on youtube, I'm frankly shocked at how poorly it turned out. Did the guy who painted Einstein also paint Marty's hair? It looks like they dipped the head in chocolate and called it a day.

The skin tone on the face and the eyes look better but that hair ruins it. I didnt really see a big upgrade with the outfit either.

Yeah the paint and skin tone are miles better on the new version, but that's the only improvement I see here. I like that they tried to make him look a bit younger and more boyish like he should be, but somehow they lost the likeness along the way.

I was thinking before I might pick up a parted out V2 head to use on my original figure, but now I'll probably just repaint the original head. Or hope that a better custom sculpt comes along.

The old Marty sculpt was ok except for the paint app imo. HT should of made this new Marty fig with a repainted sculpt and the Part I Doc with the new sculpt but they done it the other way round. :cuckoo:

Back