1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the video I actually dislike V2 even more now.
Still waiting for a better comprehensive review by futzing the clothes and under better lighting... though if we do pay attention to the first BTTF, he squints a lot, and this particular expression really taken from his arrival at 1955 town hall with Mr. Sandman song as the music.

Posted by Jesse Lo on Facebook...

241400637_394068875416070_6290338300390445737_n.jpg

:unsure:

What makes Einstein even worse is the fact that neck separation ins't even functional. Why would you add that if the head can't swivel?

I'm keeping my Marty 1.0 and passing on this. I see no reason to get this new version, the sculpt is not really an improvement over the first Marty.
Same. Even if the head was an improvement, I just didn’t see the value in trying to sell my 1.0 and buying this one. Accessories are the same. Clothing is basically the same. Yea, there is Einstein, but he isn’t something very desirable…

I feel this 2.0 is mainly for the collectors that missed the 1.0. They are getting an amazing figure regardless.

I actually like this new sculpt, looks a bit more youthful to me than the 1.0. And I have this on order but would still like to grab the original EX if I can find one now for a good price.

I still haven't POd this figure. What if HT releases one with the yellow guitar and sunglasses that fit on the figure's face?

That version would not include the dog and camera tho.

Also, I feel this Marty figure should include the license plate since it's supposed to be the Mall scene Marty.

I still haven't POd this figure. What if HT releases one with the yellow guitar and sunglasses that fit on the figure's face?

That version would not include the dog and camera tho.

Also, I feel this Marty figure should include the license plate since it's supposed to be the Mall scene Marty.
I don’t see them packaging a third release of this Marty with it just being a few different accessories. The only thing I could see is them making a 1955 Part 1 Marty in either his clothes from the skateboard scene or from the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance.
And none of the current Marty headaculpts can wear glasses without them being warped, so they would need to develop another new head.
I would just get the V1 or V2 of Marty. If you want glasses and a guitar, get the special edition V1, but he isn’t supposed to wear the glasses again. Only for posing like in the poster.

The new sculpt is fine..I know I keep seeing people comment he looks younger ..well we have to remember Fox was younger in the original because it was 1985 and BTTF 2 was 1989 and BTTF 3 was 1990. It takes generally a year or two to film a a major budget movie so he was probably even a little younger than that when he filmed the original because there was a four year or more gap between the original and the sequel .

It’s actually funny when you see the beginning of part II with Elizabeth shue as the new jennifer and Marty looks heavier and older when you go back and see how Marty looked a lot thinner at the end of the original scene with the old Jennifer Claudette Wells . Then did the same scene more or less but four years later and Fox’s body change showed.. especially how fox’s hair looked. :lol

so maybe HT decided to tweak the 2.0 Marty head to mimic his bit younger thinner

The new sculpt is fine..I know I keep seeing people comment he looks younger ..well we have to remember Fox was younger in the original because it was 1985 and BTTF 2 was 1989 and BTTF 3 was 1990. It takes generally a year or two to film a a major budget movie so he was probably even a little younger than that when he filmed the original because there was a four year or more gap between the original and the sequel .

It’s actually funny when you see the beginning of part II with Elizabeth shue as the new jennifer and Marty looks heavier and older when you go back and see how Marty looked a lot thinner at the end of the original scene with the old Jennifer Claudette Wells . Then did the same scene more or less but four years later and Fox’s body change showed.. especially how fox’s hair looked. :lol

so maybe HT decided to tweak the 2.0 Marty head to mimic his bit younger thinner

Is it me, or did 1950's Beef get thinner in BTTF2? He looked less buff.

Also, I'd like to see the Eric Stoltz cut, because his version looked darker and more serious. I like his black costume.

Back