1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude he understand the meaning behind the character he was playing, do you really think that a guy who battle cancer for four years in silence would be a greedy type of person?
He knew the eventually if this ****up desease got the better of him, that the character would be his legacy and live on forever to the world, he was an actor after all.
What? How would that be greedy? I'm just saying you don't know what he would want for the character.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A better legacy is making him entirely interchangeable with someone else and going forward like nothing happened? Honor Boseman's T'Challa and pass on the mantle in universe, which was certainly going to happen anyway in 1-2 BP movies. Wakanda has easily the richest, deepest cast in the MCU right now, they should improvise and use it.

Deepfakes are impressively good these days...now imagine Hollywood money being used for it? As long as the Boseman family signs off on it I'm sure they could do it and then expedite the mantle-passing process.

What? How would that be greedy? I'm just saying you don't know what he would want for the character.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dude look what he achieved with the character with 3 support roles and 1 leading role.
The whole world is grieving for him.
He knew the meaning of T'challa to the real world, he knew that with the Black Panther he could be a powerfull force against racism and bigotry in the real world.
Thats why i am saiying that T'challa must live on, be recast, and achieve greater highs in the future.
He will always be remembered as the first main Black Panther (Actually second as John Kani(T'chaka) was the first)

better legacy is making him entirely interchangeable with someone else and going forward like nothing happened? Honor Boseman's T'Challa and pass on the mantle in universe, which was certainly going to happen anyway in 1-2 BP movies. Wakanda has easily the richest, deepest cast in the MCU right now, they should improvise and use it.

You're saying that the best thing to do is to forget his character, forget what he achieved with T'challa?

Ryan Coogler wrote the most beautiful message about Chadwick today. Interestingly, in the message he alludes to Chad not divulging to anyone regarding his condition... So I don't think Feige and co. would've been privy. By all accounts it seems he was gearing up ready to go for BP 2...

Dude look what he achieved with the character with 3 support roles and 1 leading role.
The whole world is grieving for him.
He knew the meaning of T'challa to the real world, he knew that with the Black Panther he could be a powerfull force against racism and bigotry in the real world.
Thats why i am saiying that T'challa must live on, be recast, and achieve greater highs in the future.
He will always be remembered as the first main Black Panther (Actually second as John Kani(T'chaka) was the first)

You're saying that the best thing to do is to forget his character, forget what he achieved with T'challa?

I myself think the guy is great actor, but I’m thinking you’re overestimating the actors overall importance.

I wouldn’t be surprised if many a Marvel fan (worldwide) didn’t even know the actors name. Especially prior to the last few days.

His solo film did particular well in the US, but it didn’t really out perform other recent MCU films by all that much etc outside of the North American box office. And even then I’m sure more know the characters two names over that of the individual actor.

Ryan Coogler wrote the most beautiful message about Chadwick today. Interestingly, in the message he alludes to Chad not divulging to anyone regarding his condition... So I don't think Feige and co. would've been privy. By all accounts it seems he was gearing up ready to go for BP 2...

You might not have seen it, but I saw some clips on IG about a reporter asking him what they could expect from BP2 and he said he would be dead by then. :(

Found the link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEhIhz0gVvQ/?igshid=3ivg99ia1g6h

He seems ready and have accepted it already.

Last edited:

I’m not sure how that could be. As being the lead in a billion dollar franchise, I would assume he had to pass a medical checks etc as the insurance companies would’ve certainly demanded it.

You might not have seen it, but I saw some clips on IG about a reporter asking him what they could expect from BP2 and he said he would be dead by then. :(

Found the link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEhIhz0gVvQ/?igshid=3ivg99ia1g6h

He seems ready and have accepted it already.

If true that’s a pity. I understand the choice, but I would’ve preferred otherwise.

Well they’ll reboot the franchise in another decade or two......

Isn?t that just him on the press tour for Endgame?

He was referencing the fact that T?challa was dead/ dusted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn?t that just him on the press tour for Endgame?

He was referencing the fact that T?challa was dead/ dusted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe so yes. Everyone had to pretend their characters weren't coming back (even though everyone knew they were).

In the case of Boseman that comment has just become a sad kind of irony after the fact.

After watching The John Campea Show on youtube, i have another theory about what Marvel is gonna do in the future of Black Panther:
They can make an adaptation of The Death of Captain Marvel using T'challa as Captain Marvel, this would raise awareness to his cause of death, cancer.

Personally, I think they should just do a time jump and acknowledge that he died unexpectedly somewhere in the years prior.

The bench is strong in this franchice: Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, W'Kabi

Why T'challa must die because Boseman died in the real life?
This kind of thinking just remind me of people bullying on social media Kelly Marie Tran(Rose Tico), Ahmed Best(Jar Jar Binks) and the actors who played Anakin (the list goes on)
We have to be mature people and separate ACTOR and ART

This kind of thinking just remind me of people bullying on social media Kelly Marie Tran(Rose Tico), Ahmed Best(Jar Jar Binks) and the actors who played Anakin (the list goes on)

Pretty clear people think there are a few different ways to go about it, only Marvel Studios gets to decide ultimately, and probably after a period of time to step back and assess when emotions aren't so raw.

I have no idea why or how you're comparing the death of an actor to bullying of Rose, Jar Jar and Anakin actors? That literally make no sense. No one is bullying anything. Everyone's talking about how to go forward. No one is bullying anyone.

I can see both sides of the argument - Boseman was T'Challa, so you don't want to simply recast that role. However, T'Challa obviously has a story, that's already planned out for Marvel's next phase, that's still been untold. You take T'Challa out and you'd need to tell a different story. Do you honor Boseman by not recasting T'Challa or do you honor him by letting the story of the character he helped make so iconic play out?

Back