1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of us were waiting for the inevitable BP2 version because we didnt like their first attempt at his head sculpt.

The first attempt of the headsculpt was flawless. In fact JC Hong is still milking the prototype image, which was epic so I don't blame him! However unfortunately for whatever reason HT pulled a bait and switch and never released the prototype.

Hopefully now HT will be inclined to sell the royal garb BP with the ORIGINAL prototype headsculpt. THAT I would be willing to buy.

HT should issue an end game version of the panther with an improved head sculpt and improved bodysuit.
That would be a win for everyone The collectors who have the original version and those who want a better version to remember this great hero by.

Man, I really don't understand how you can think that Chadwick Boseman (an excellent actor and as tragic as his death was) is bigger than the Black Panther, he will always be dear and remembered as the first Black Panther, but Marvel has to recast the character because T'challa has to be the face of the Avengers now in a world of Black Life Matters.

T'Challa isn't the only Black Panther, same way Steve Rogers isn't the only Captain America. Its a mantle, and there are already worthy candidates within the MCU to take it on (Shuri, M'Baku at the forefront). They don't need to swap someone else as T'Challa to continue forward with the franchise, and they really shouldn't. No offense to Edward Norton or Terrence Howard, this isn't remotely the same situation. Boseman's time as T'Challa means too much to people to treat it as a replaceable role, especially as we find out he essentially sacrificed the last years of his life to play these incredibly physically demanding parts.

I don't think the sculpt is bad enough to warrant a re-do, although I'd be okay with it. I'd probably buy it if it was better

T'Challa isn't the only Black Panther, same way Steve Rogers isn't the only Captain America. Its a mantle, and there are already worthy candidates within the MCU to take it on (Shuri, M'Baku at the forefront). They don't need to swap someone else as T'Challa to continue forward with the franchise, and they really shouldn't. No offense to Edward Norton or Terrence Howard, this isn't remotely the same situation. Boseman's time as T'Challa means too much to people to treat it as a replaceable role, especially as we find out he essentially sacrificed the last years of his life to play these incredibly physically demanding parts.

I disagree, T'challa is the Black Panther. Marvel can't pass the mantle to anyone else in the cast because what that character represent.
Chadwick Boseman would hate to see this character, this huge culturally character which represents a whole race, to be "forgothen" because ONE brave and honored man died.
Now in a Black Lives Matter world, we need T'challa leading the Avengers in the next saga.
And i go beyond his death or even the future of the character, he should be awarded with the Oscar for honoring his performance during those 4 years that he worked with cancer.

Hope HT will release a new figure. I had this on pre-order but cancelled after the first pics came out. Figured I'd wait for the sequel figure.

HT should redo this figure maybe a DX and finally put more focus in the sculpt.

I am just asking, and don't mean any harm or disrespect but ...
What's the difference on profit with his death between a scalper raising prices of a figure already released and Hot Toys re release of a figure?
I'm in for a re release of the solo movie figure but i want to hear your opinions

What's the difference on profit with his death between a scalper raising prices of a figure already released and Hot Toys re release of a figure?
I'm in for a re release of the solo movie figure but i want to hear your opinions

I don?t think HT really capitalizes on characters when actors/actresses passed. They have not really made many tribute figures other than Stan Lee and Bruce Lee which was amazing. I would of liked to see more love for Adam West that?s just my favorite but not to many newer generations. It would just be nice to let more collectors who are new or missed out on a great figure from a great billion dollar film to get a chance to have a great BP figure. Also put more in effort and give what collectors want which was a head sculpt that looked like the prototype. I thought it was a cool figure I passed bc of the production head sculpt. And I still pass on the current figure, despite the tragic news. They are capable of doing better.

A scalper?s prices would be ridiculously higher. You should look at how high the prices for this figure are on EBay, as opposed to a Hot Toys rerelease regular price.

C637315F-A3E1-4ABC-81CA-B35A5AF274C3.jpeg

I'm in shock all weekend. Such charisma and raw talent. He was so captivating on the big screen. Aside from standard recasts like the next Bond or Batman, has this ever happened before where the lead of the franchise passed away?

I'm in shock all weekend. Such charisma and raw talent. He was so captivating on the big screen. Aside from standard recasts like the next Bond or Batman, has this ever happened before where the lead of the franchise passed away?

Not the same situation, but the closest I can remember is the death of Brandon Lee before The Crow finished filming.

Or on TV with Spartacus. Original Spartacus Andy Whitfield died of cancer and had to be replaced. Liam McIntyre took over the role.

When Heath Ledger passed he was still filming that Parnasas movie. They kept the footage and cast Depp and Colin Farrell, so 3 actors played the same role. Which was an interesting solution but it worked with subject matter of the film.

I really don't see Marvel recasting him. Its so much a part of his identity now. The only way they could recast T'challa is if they do a full reboot and replace the entire cast. Which I doubt will happen. So T'challa will just not be in BP2. They could say he died or maybe hes away on a mission. Perhaps hes just doing diplomatic work in other countries. Theres lots of ways to explain his absence.

When Heath Ledger passed he was still filming that Parnasas movie. They kept the footage and cast Depp and Colin Farrell, so 3 actors played the same role. Which was an interesting solution but it worked with subject matter of the film.

I really don't see Marvel recasting him. Its so much a part of his identity now. The only way they could recast T'challa is if they do a full reboot and replace the entire cast. Which I doubt will happen. So T'challa will just not be in BP2. They could say he died or maybe hes away on a mission. Perhaps hes just doing diplomatic work in other countries. Theres lots of ways to explain his absence.

Dude it's impossible for Disney to not recast, chadwick boseman was great as Black Panther, but he is only ONE actor. We live now in a Black Lives Matter world, THE BLACK PANTHER represented way more than that, the character represents a whole Culture, Race and Social Justice.
I bet he would be mad it the caracter be buried with him. The best way to honor him is to recast and put the character as the head of the MCU.

Back