1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny that you guys forget that the Shuri from the MCU is completely different than the comics version, actually i recomend you guys to read the comics to see the difference.
In the comics Shury was an warrior tipe of character until she become the Black Panther, she was an robin type, everyone at the time knew that she was just a time thing, she wasnt a Jane Foster Thor (that got an excelent character desenvolviment and become a character of her own).
Just in the Ta-Nehisi Coates run that she start to become a character of her own and become something more powerfull than T"challa. In “Shuri (2018) ” written by Nnedi Okorafor , she proves to the readers that she is her own character and not just a Black Panther substitute.
The Shuri from the movie starts as a redefinition of the character adding layers of content to make the character distinguis herself from T'challa, she is the tech genius, she is the smartest person in the moment. She is the next Tony Stark.

Its funny that you guys forget that the Shuri from the MCU is completely different than the comics version, actually i recomend you guys to read the comics to see the difference.
In the comics Shury was an warrior tipe of character until she become the Black Panther, she was an robin type, everyone at the time knew that she was just a time thing, she wasnt a Jane Foster Thor (that got an excelent character desenvolviment and become a character of her own).
Just in the Ta-Nehisi Coates run that she start to become a character of her own and become something more powerfull than T"challa. In “Shuri (2018) ” written by Nnedi Okorafor , she proves to the readers that she is her own character and not just a Black Panther substitute.
The Shuri from the movie starts as a redefinition of the character adding layers of content to make the character distinguis herself from T'challa, she is the tech genius, she is the smartest person in the moment. She is the next Tony Stark.

Ah yes because Tony Stark was just Tony Stark, he wasn't a well-known superhero by the name of Iron Man at all...

Ah yes because Tony Stark was just Tony Stark, he wasn't a well-known superhero by the name of Iron Man at all...

What i said is, Shuri is her own character in the MCU, SHE IS NOT A SHADOW OF HER BROTHER OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR A LEGACY CHARACTER, A ROBIN.
She is a Tony Stark (own thing, protagonist of his own history)
She is not a James Rhodes (legacy character, substitute in case the first isnt around)

What i said is, Shuri is her own character in the MCU, SHE IS NOT A SHADOW OF HER BROTHER OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR A LEGACY CHARACTER, A ROBIN.
She is a Tony Stark (own thing, protagonist of his own history)
She is not a James Rhodes (legacy character, substitute in case the first isnt around)

She's not the protagonist of her own story in the MCU, she's fully the sidekick IMO. She's been basically Q to James Bond so far besides the little battle action where literally everyone was fighting.

I would prefer either Nakia or Okoye as black panther over wright's version of shuri. I cant envision a two hour movie about a mcu shuri bp being too thrilling

I would prefer either Nakia or Okoye as black panther over wright's version of shuri. I cant envision a two hour movie about a mcu shuri bp being too thrilling

The MCU can (and does) deviate from comic continuity whenever it needs to. Okoye makes the most sense to me. Danai Gurira can act, and I totally buy her as a badass fighter; Okoye's already been established as fiercely competent with unimpeachable honour, and loves her job. I feel she's had plenty of development already for a peripheral character.

Shuri doesn't have to be powerfully built in the fantastical MCU (Exhibit A: Black Widow) between technology and the herb that grants the Panthers their powers, but in terms of her screen presence she hasn't displayed the sheer physicality (either by limitation or by design) that Okoye has.

No one will ever replace Boseman, but Black Panther is a title and a role that comes with a suit; to me it makes the most sense to pass it on. *How* is tricky but it's not impossible that in the middle of these tragic circumstances, Boseman and Feige already had something worked out.

Digging these photos someone shared on FB
received_627628547938403.jpg
received_2689035648010854.jpeg
received_2715420472059798.jpeg
received_1223834371286652.jpeg
received_661017444851384.jpeg
received_932845503792774.jpeg

If they do pass the Black Panther mantle on to another character, one plot point that they'll have to remedy is Killmonger's destruction of their stockpile of the sacred heart-shaped herb. It was implied that the one Nakia stole (& which was used to revive T'Challa) was the last of it, but as it's a flower native to Wakanda I imagine they can just have someone find more of it in the wild. It would seem a minor detail, but no one else can become BP without it.

Passing the mantle on would also eliminate any chance of using T'Challa's comics romance with Storm as a way to either (a) introduce the X-Men to the MCU or (b) crossover with them somewhere down the line. Of course there are hundreds of ways those characters could be introduced, but that one occurred to me as soon as it was rumored that Marvel/Disney might get the rights back.

What the hell is wrong with you? You just come into every thread spouting nonsense.

What's with this overly emotional outburst? You are still butt hurt from some other post? Maybe you should change your forum name to something more fitting your obvious overly emotional nature. I might even have a new name for you that is more fitting than your current one if you are interested.

She's not the protagonist of her own story in the MCU, she's fully the sidekick IMO. She's been basically Q to James Bond so far besides the little battle action where literally everyone was fighting.

We just see her 2 times:
Black Panther movie: she is introduced as the tech genius
Infinity War: she is show to be the smartest person of the earth
Each time she appears she gets grow her character, i think black panther 2 would be based on the run of Ta-Nehisi Coates, presenting the orixas, the ancient future(Shuri) and the king of the dead (T'challa) after their death in the snap.

Sigh I really dint want to see shuri as BP yet. I wanted to see storm interact with tchalla but it?s ok. If that?s how it is then fine. I just hope we get storm in the next movie

I think Marvel will likely recast T'Challa...Feige probably had 5 years + worth of story planned out which included T'Challa. I doubt he's gonna reshuffle and change everything on the count that the actor died. Yes, it's sad...but the show/plan must go on.

They'll probably let the dust settle before announcing another actor.

I think Marvel will likely recast T'Challa...Feige probably had 5 years + worth of story planned out which included T'Challa. I doubt he's gonna reshuffle and change everything on the count that the actor died. Yes, it's sad...but the show/plan must go on.

They'll probably let the dust settle before announcing another actor.

I’d be fine with recasting....they’ve already done it with Hulk and Rhodey so there’s precedent.

If anyone is really ok with them ending T'Challa this early on in his potential career in the MCU, they has little respect for the character in general. I don't know him, but I think Chadwick would say the character and what he stands for is bigger than the actor. He was the perfect casting, but that doesn't mean other's couldn't do it. Making Shuri BP this soon isn't the right way to go, but that's just my opinion. I don't see how ending the character is honoring the actor anyway, at least not in this case.

Took these a few months ago... can?t remember if I put these on here or not. I didn?t care for the solo movie, but I loved the character and will miss boseman a lot.

63A0FB88-33BA-4354-A641-1FCD3C3EFD47.jpg
57A3ACE3-F22A-4CBB-A678-C38FADA643F4.jpg
BEA38E20-BFEE-4FD0-87A5-1A06E1AF47A3.jpg
13A5FC83-91B4-4D4A-8CA7-5A6CD06C79AE.jpg

Back