1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RDJ would be insulted if he saw that, haha. Nobody else can dawn the IM armors.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Other than the lens issue, are there any other problems I should be concerned about? I received mine a couple weeks ago from Sideshow but because of work, I’m not going to be able to open it for another couple weeks.

Thanks in advance guys!!

I dont see the lens being an issue myself. If youre gonna pull on the lens then yes, i can see eventually you will pull the whole piece out. I myself lift from underneath the circled part. The lens comes out very easily. Just lift and to the center of the mask. Simples. Im not aware of any other issues myself. Personally I find this figure to have no issues

photostudio_1520170991100.jpg

I dont see the lens being an issue myself. If youre gonna pull on the lens then yes, i can see eventually you will pull the whole piece out. I myself lift from underneath the circled part. The lens comes out very easily. Just lift and to the center of the mask. Simples. Im not aware of any other issues myself. Personally I find this figure to have no issues

View attachment 397275

Yeah, thanks for the tip. I tried a few times tugging at the whole piece and really didn't want to risk it so I stopped.

To be honest, not terribly interested in swapping out the eye pieces since I think the figure looks much better with the Tom Holland head sculpt.

Bought this guy for $180 shipped with the 20% off eBay coupon that was circulating recently. Great figure that's a lot of fun to pose without any worries of damaging the outfit.

IMG_4841.JPG

I originally skipped this one. After getting the tech version and hearing about suit damage I bought this one so I could have a one spider man who I could pose. This is the most possible hot toy I have. I love it E87E72C7-483F-4BAC-86B8-812BE9C4E429.jpg3C838E4D-9A92-44D0-AD64-BEB258523479.jpg16D864ED-20D7-4D66-8F93-660540C8494B.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the tip. I tried a few times tugging at the whole piece and really didn't want to risk it so I stopped.

To be honest, not terribly interested in swapping out the eye pieces since I think the figure looks much better with the Tom Holland head sculpt.

Agreed. Its such an awesome spot on sculpt it would be wasteful to not display it

IMG_3076.jpg

I've had mine for a few days now, really awesome figure but there are a few nits:
--The hood of the hoody is just too small, it sits too close to the head when up but looks great down. If they made it small on purpose so it looks alright down, then include a second one intended to look right when up.
--This is light on hand selection. They really should've included a right hand to hold the webline and a set of relaxed posed hands. He'll look like he wants to start a fist fight if posed as standing and talking to another figure. And while we're at it, he could come with an additional set of gesturing hands like non-wall crawling sprawled hands because with the mask on, it's one of the few ways to convey expression.
--The boot feet have no toe articulation which is essential on a Spider Man figure.
--The switch out eye plate feature is a real pain to use, I chose the middle eye opening pieces and don't plan to change them again.
--Last the price tag is too high for such a basic looking figure. Doctor Strange was only $15 more and looks like he's worth the cost, this should've been at most a $175 figure, which is about what I paid for mine with the 15% off Ebay coupon and approx. $15 shipping factored in (mine had free shipping).

I still love the figure! So much fun to pose and looks like something a poor high school kid from Queens would make in his room. As much as I love the first two Tobey MaGuire films and the costumes from them, knowing that just one of his main suits cost professional costume makers $50,000 to make was a hard thing to ignore. Explaining how Parker got such an expensive costume that can recreate the comic's eye expressions is one thing I quite like from SM Homecoming.

Yeah unfortunately this figure was made for mimicking spidey poses , I just wish the movie suit was a better design. If they were going for a Scarlet spider concept, I wish they made it look more sleek :lecture

Back