1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think IM2 certainly has the best armours, even if it isn't the best film.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think IM2 certainly has the best armours, even if it isn't the best film.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think it had some great moments.

Iron Man 3 -- I don't really remember that well. Which probably tells you something.

I like the mk3 as well.

But the 6 is the best figure to date, and it’s really not close.

I have both so if there’s some specific comp pic you want let me know
I would say the 46 and 47 are pretty close to the 6, if you are just talking Iron man, not War Machine.

Outside of the shoulder pad improvement, the 46 and 47 are pretty close to the same quality.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I would say the 46 and 47 are pretty close to the 6, if you are just talking Iron man, not War Machine.

Outside of the shoulder pad improvement, the 46 and 47 are pretty close to the same quality.

46 and War Machine are really amazing figures. The Mark 1 WM is the Bench Mark for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are good figures, no doubt. But the 6 has better articulation and more accessories. Nothing against any other figure, I like them all. The 6 also has the presence and classic man in a can look. For me, it best represents a scene from the film. Better then any other figure, IMO. The reindeer games scene. It just feels like a legacy effects maq or mock up straight from the film and I don’t get that with any other figure. It’s all about personal tastes and perception I think.

They are good figures, no doubt. But the 6 has better articulation and more accessories. Nothing against any other figure, I like them all. The 6 also has the presence and classic man in a can look. For me, it best represents a scene from the film. Better then any other figure, IMO. The reindeer games scene. It just feels like a legacy effects maq or mock up straight from the film and I don’t get that with any other figure. It’s all about personal tastes and perception I think.
Yeah, I definitely see your points. It is superior to the other releases, overall.

The way the colors on the 46 show to the eye for me draws the eyes to the torso and makes it look a little to slim. There's no color break like there is in the 6 with the torso and gold legs. With the 47, red meets silver at the chest and makes it look broader imo.

That's why my rankings now are the 6, then the 47, with the now the Mark 5 likely in the top 3.

Yeah the 5 looks to be good.

I like the 46 over the 47, which I really didn’t anticipate. The suit colors on the 47 are like one of my favorite comic suits but for whatever reason it just looks a little off on that suit. It’s not bad, and it definitely stands out on a shelf, just not a top look for me. Still a great figure though. And the 46 head is probably the best 1/6 RDJ sculpt thus far so it’s got that going for it. Lol

I’m looking forward to the new mk2, it looks pretty good. Already picked a spot for it next to Midas.

46 and War Machine are really amazing figures. The Mark 1 WM is the Bench Mark for me.

Yeah, the war machine figures are incredible. Can't wait to see the WM Mark 4.

Got mine last night. Quick shot of him in my case.

ZgRfpqg.jpg

Outside of personal suit preference, in hand what specifically makes this one better than the mark 3 from a screen accuracy perspective? From what I've gathered it has better articulation, more accurate colors, and more accurate height, anything else specifically? (not taking into consideration the start headsculpt since I would never display it) Is there more die-cast parts on this suit than the mark 3 for example?

Outside of personal suit preference, in hand what specifically makes this one better than the mark 3 from a screen accuracy perspective? From what I've gathered it has better articulation, more accurate colors, and more accurate height, anything else specifically? (not taking into consideration the start headsculpt since I would never display it) Is there more die-cast parts on this suit than the mark 3 for example?

I feel like there is more DC to this than the 3, also more “accessories”, way better display stand as well. Due to the articulation and accessories the display options are a lot less limited than the mark 3 as well.

Some of the Mark 6 reviewers have compared the two figures. Check out "Kool Kollectibles".

In every single way, I believe the MKVI is superior to the MKIII. The MKIII DC was notorious for its lack of articulation due to the static torso and lack of ankle articulation. The paint app isn't screen accurate and there is a lack of that nice worn look...too pristine looking and that takes away from the realism. Also the sizing is really off compared to newer Iron Man figures. Very tiny. Diecast amount was also a factor against the MKIII, probably the least amount of the IM DC figures.

As a package, the MKVI excels as well. Battle damaged parts, all of the weaponry, unique
base and a top notch head sculpt.

The only thing the MKIII has going for it over the VI is that it is a MKIII. If you love that suit, than go with the III. It still can display well and you can maybe get it for a good price (I did). But the MKVI is the best IM figure out there right now. So many display options.

fea6f90c73f6a78694dbc767d4566192.jpg

Screen accurate wasn’t really what I meant by better figure.

The mk3 is pretty screen accurate. People didn’t like the color, but the mk3 was like five different colors so that’s kinda irrelevant. Ankle articulation was like that on screen. Look at when he works on the substructure of the boots before they are skinned, and then when he does the flight test. Suit was design not to have ankle articulation as it was designed as a flight suit and the thinking was having super powerful rocket jets on the bottom of your feet would break your ankles. They used ski/snowboard boots as inspiration. It’s also been stated that the subsequent suits where intentionally bigger to accomplish more then just flight and get that man in a can look not a guy wearing a suit of armor or padding. So for me, the things that most people dislike on the mk3 are just part of it’s design.

That said, the mk6 is a way better figure. Elbow and knee joints are better. The repulsor hands. Shoulder joints and shoulder pad attachment is better. The inner/under blue LED lights are neat. The stand is better. There’s not really anything the mk3 has that is better, unless you prefer that design.

Engineering, paint, accessories, Battle damage parts, stand, and proportion are all better with the mk6(and yes some of that is the difference in the suit design and has little to do with hot toys)

Back