1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair right out of the box isn't very good. Took a lot of futzing and I'm really not 100% happy with it. Still, I think it looks a whole lot better than it did.
image.jpg

I thought the film was very poorly edited. One of the few times I've noticed editing while watching a movie. I remember thinking "Man, they must have been stitching this thing together right up till the last minute" Theres a lot of scenes missing. Like the twins showing up at the church. Why were they there? How did they know who they were talking to? Ultron killing Barron Von Stroker, they only show a photograph. The entire Hulkbuster scene felt rushed. First we don't even see Banner transform ( Also they never acknowledge Hulk's new pants.No explanation. I actually really wanted to know what material they were made out of) Then the armor assembled way too quickly, normally they draw out the suit up sequence and show all the parts connecting and stuff (digital eye candy). But they just skipped over it. I think it took longer for Tony to put on the Mark 5 than it did for the whole Hulkbuster. And then again with Mark 45, we never see him put it on. The film expects you to make a lot of assumptions. Just figure it out in your head while your watching :cuckoo:

Disclaimer- I haven't seen the movie in a while, so my memory's a bit off.

Most of your examples don't strike me as big issues. For instance, I don't care how Hulk got new pants, and it's not a major story point (though I can see how one might wonder that). Stark made new suits for everyone, Hulk included. That works well enough for me; I don't need to know the tech behind it when time could be better spent developing characters/plot. The movie just had too many plot threads, so some things had to get cut. I don't think it needs to hold your hand and explain everything though.

The first Avengers had better pacing, and I attribute some of that to Joss taking time off between shooting and editing. I think AoU just wiped him out too much so that he never got proper distance from the film to see what did/didn't work and what needed time to breathe. The movie flowed better (for me) with subsequent viewings, but it does become evident that there is a lot of plot that got crammed into that movie. All things considered, it's not that terribly edited. Could it be better? Absolutely. Could it be much worse? Absolutely.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what do we think the chances are for a brand new sculpt for Civil War Widow? Has HT ever reused a head sculpt 3 times in a row? I feel like they're really close to nailing the likeness down, it would be a shame if it's another Winter Soldier repaint.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what do we think the chances are for a brand new sculpt for Civil War Widow? Has HT ever reused a head sculpt 3 times in a row? I feel like they're really close to nailing the likeness down, it would be a shame if it's another Winter Soldier repaint.

More than 3.... with the multiple IronMen Mk(s)

Tron!.jpgTRON! The Tron-vibe to the the outfit was the only reason I bought this, I had skipped thhe WS version cause it was too similar, but I really like the slight but strong color difference on this one.

Wait... Is this figure that racked up? She'll be here on Tuesday for me. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like cleavage, but I rather have my Hot Toys Black Widow zipped up.

Seems like the alot I see has it zipped down. I have nothing against it, looks cool but myself personally if she was like that in the movies then maybe I'd prefer it that way.

But non the less, cool pictures to all.

Back