1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My AoU Widow with a couple of her cyborg fighting cohorts.

image.jpg

But to answer your curiosity DW

For some reason IMO the electricity works better with the AOU outfit with my WS sculpt

But to answer your curiosity DW

For some reason IMO the electricity works better with the AOU outfit with my WS sculpt

Thanks for the pic. Does the electricity stay on her arm or will it fall out if she's not grasping it? I saw a review where it looked like the space where you slip the electricity on her arm was large enough to wrap around and stay on the gauntlets, which is why I was wondering if it wouldn't do the same on the much slimmer stingers of WS Widow.

Also, did you dye her hair or is that a stock WS head?

The electrodes are like a coil that easily can slip on and off. I can just wrap them around her arms and gauntlets without touching the hands at all if I choose.:wink1:

Such a simple design that fits perfectly IMO

The HS is actually off of a custom sculpt that I acquired back when the WS version was released. It had an awful face when in hand but the hair was spot on, just the right length and shade.

so I took a gamble and detached the hair piece from the head, took off my spare HT WS hair and transplanted with better results. However, it was still missing that Scar factor, so I style the hair with water wax and I was in awe with the results.

One last thing I had to try. That bland maroon lipstick that HT had was throwing my work completely off. So I lightened it using ref pics of Scar as the WS widow and her everyday lipstick off the film and noticed that she likes to wear pinkish, purplish toned lipstick so WTH I experimented and presto I got the Scar likeness the figure needed!:clap

It's your judgement of course, but for me besides her booty and breasts, Scar is all about her lips and gloss she likes to flaunt for the camera, so IMO HT will always miss on the likeness with the wrong shade of lipstick:lecture

I had to do it for the AOU as well

Last edited:
Mine arrived today!
I noticed her pistol doesn't have a magazine.... but it has a place for one.... is she supposed to come with a magazine?

I'm thinking of picking up this fig with the summer coupon, but I've already got Ant Man, Maria Hill, Heisenberg, Jesse Pinkman, and Hulk Hogan (BBTS) on pre-order. Is she worth it? I can't tell if I'm a fan of the head sculpt or not. It seems like it's great with some poses and awful with others.

No offense meant to anybody. But we shouldnt have to "fix" anything.

Sorry. Elephant in the room. That hair. Scarlet Johansen would never go out like that. Mattel can make a $20 Barbies hair look great. Why are we accepting a $200 plus figures hair look like a total mess. The figures hair looks like it was cut with toe nail clippers. All the rest looks great. But THAT HAIR!!!

Agreed. At this price point we should get exactly what we see in the picture. This is not 6" figures, or 3.75" figures here. These are high-priced, adult collector's pieces. They do a beautiful job with most all of the details to bring us high-quality at this price-point.

I can't think of anything else in the $200-$300 range out there that one buys that could come not looking as it's presented. I realize not everyone feels the same, but for me, I like to get exactly what I pay for. Other's may not, but I do.

That said... I was able to rinse and trim my way into something farily decent. I hated doing it. I was so afraid of messing it up. STILL doesn't look as nice at SSC presented it to supposedly look...but its definitely an improvement.

Personally, I think a scupted hair might have been a better call for this particular look. (Since they didn't want to make the extra effort to get it exaclty like they have it in the pics. Or since they couldn't? get it to look closer to how it does in the films) So sculpted hair may have been the way to go.

The costume is sweet though. Had to go with the "rods". They were just too cool of an accessory to not pose her with. And definitely make her different from the other two BW's I have.

Anyone has all the Black Widow figures? I wanna see how they all look together throughout the years.

Sadly I pretty much dismantled the IM2 Widow for custom parts and customized my Avengers Widow so I'll see what I can come up with

Anyone has all the Black Widow figures? I wanna see how they all look together throughout the years.

:wave

I've since altered the hair and changed the pose on the AoU Widow. This was when I first got her and her hair was the out of the box, stock hairstyle. The others still currently remain in the poses displayed in this image. I tried to get a mix of weapons with all of them: Handguns, fists and batons.

image.jpg

:wave

I've since altered the hair and changed the pose on the AoU Widow. This was when I first got her and her hair was the out of the box, stock hairstyle. The others still currently remain in the poses displayed in this image. I tried to get a mix of weapons with all of them: Handguns, fists and batons.

I'd love to see the altered AoU hair!

Back