1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not gonna lie, I like that he's smaller than Hulk. I don't know what his scale is like in the movies but I like how a dude smaller than Hulk can take him down without the Gauntlet. Plus, I always saw Thanos to be just a little taller than Cap every since I read the Infinity Gauntlet. He can be bulkier but I don't mind him just being a little taller than Cap. According to the Wiki he's 6'7 so a little taller than Thor and Vision but still shorter than Ultron Prime.

capinfinity2.jpg

I like his size too (It was a negative point to me, the "rumor" that he was as big as the hulk figure, his "shortness" was a good surprise). I know I'm in the minority, but I wish he didn't come with the throne. I like regular bases. I never had space to expose my figures (that should change in the next couple of years, if things go according to plans), but I like the idea of museum poses and plain bases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thankfully he's not the size of Hulk! That figure is just humongous and the strongest characters don't always have to be the largest imo.

It's nice to see that HT's come up with an answer to prevent Thanos' skirt from getting deformed due to prolonged sitting on his throne.

Seeing that HT's Thanos is fully-sculpted with armor of rubber or soft plastic and exposed joints that don't look bad (and it doesn't have real likeness to an actor and no human skin tone to care about), I'm curious to see how NECA's 1/4 scale version of MCU Thanos would look like, IF they make one.

Seeing that HT's Thanos is fully-sculpted with armor of rubber or soft plastic and exposed joints that don't look bad

That's true. I'm really curious to know if he does have rubber parts, or if it's all plastic.

3PDcoFUbzI_zps7onkipas.jpg

___

Average size, boring design, barebones set and zero expression on the face...
Not a $400+ figure for sure. Obvious cashgrab is obvious.

Here's hope MS will fix his design for IW and HT will make a better and fairly priced figure.

Correct.

$400 :lol only for fools.

As expected my final payment got pushed back, no Xmas present to myself sadly. As for the height, i always recalled him being an average to small guy in height in the comics so it doesn't really bother me. If he was a little taller that would have been cool but Hulk size would have been too big. Still very excited for this figure.

confused as to why many are comparing this in terms of height to the comics. that depends on artist and also thats the marvel universe this is from the marvel cinematic universe. separate all together.

I don't recall him ever standing next to anybody in the movies to really compare his height. I could be wrong though.
confused as to why many are comparing this in terms of height to the comics. that depends on artist and also thats the marvel universe this is from the marvel cinematic universe. separate all together.

I don't get how this is a boring design. He looks like he did in the movie. Technically most people would find even spending 200 bucks on a marvel movie doll foolish so to each their own. What else could they do with him? Give him an infinity gauntlet? He didn't have it in the movie and I suppose they could give him one with no stones, but whatever. I wonder if anyone saying 400 is way too much for this bought the 350 dollar mark 43, which although it is cool is a mark 42 repaint with an extra Ultron torso. I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion. Consider me among the 400 dollar fools.
Correct.

$400 :lol only for fools.

an angry alternate headsculplt would have been appreciated. or smiling. at that price i bet most of the cost goes to throne.

I don't recall him ever standing next to anybody in the movies to really compare his height. I could be wrong though.

yup same is to why im so confused at those seeming to know how large he should or shouldnt be etc

Too much money to be paying for Neca like exposed joints.

I actually prefer plastic. Not a big fan of the rubber. If he doesn't have any rubber parts (still waiting for reviews on his clothes), I might get him.

Hey Motux, can I bother you to post those Detolf ihooks for altering shelf height? Should probably PM but figure if anyone else is getting this dude they can benefit from the info as well.

I actually prefer plastic. Not a big fan of the rubber. If he doesn't have any rubber parts (still waiting for reviews on his clothes), I might get him.

Well I don't play with these figures so the rubber arms won't bother me. Having a eye sore exposed elbow joint is something I find unacceptable. I was actually going to get this but Hot Toys made it a easy pass for me.

Hey Motux, can I bother you to post those Detolf ihooks for altering shelf height? Should probably PM but figure if anyone else is getting this dude they can benefit from the info as well.

Yeah man no worries. Here's a walk through. The parts you need are called "wire rope clips". Any hardware type store has them. Home Depot to Amazon carry them.

IKEA Detolf Modification #1 - Adding Additional Shelves - TFW2005.com

Amazon.com: Wire Rope Clips - Chain & Rope Fittings: Industrial & Scientific

Back