1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what i read constitiutes trolling, but people who dont like stuff get to have an opinion too.

Ok check it:

I own both versions now and I do prefer the chrome version mostly because it's something new to the IM line. When I say new, I'm obviously not talking about the figure but the chrome plating and the updated helmet with the smaller, better defined eyes. Now, does this mean that I think the old version is bad, not at all but they are different.

I seem to remember when the first Midas was released, quite a few collectors were unhappy that HT decided to, ever so slightly, weather the figure. The new version doesn't have a single scratch, black wash or weathering of any type. Both versions, In my opinion, are realistic. The chrome version could be viewed as being right off the assembly line while the original version would be after Stark tests the suit.

Now I guess would be the time for the million dollar question, which version is superior. My answer is neither as it's totally a matter of taste. Decide which one (or both) appeals to you more and buy that version; it's as simple as that!

And if it was a "cash grab" they would have already released it world wide and at Toy sapiens and secret base. Since people would buy it. So that pretty much negates the "cash grab" when everyone knows they could easily sell many many more and don't.
Yeah, I'm sure the proceeds are going to charity here. Good point.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Aren't all Hot Toys(and most consumer products in general) a cash grab:huh, they most certainly don't sell them for nearly what it probably costs to make them.

:lol

Its a cash grab,maybe not as large a scale as they could have gone but sure enough this release is just that.

It's a cash grab and a marketing tool for the new store.

Just the scalpels are trying to capitalize on the hype for the figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really happy with this figure, haters be damned.

View attachment 273327

I'll take more pictures when I set up an area to do so, I always forget that pretty much every free space I've had in my place in the past couple years is now occupied by figures.

It's so beautiful. I'm really excited for this one. Hope it arrives soon.

I'm not gonna argue the "cash grab" point because these are companies making products to turn profits and grow as a company. Because it is and isn't to an extent. My problem is when they lose focus as to why they went into the business of making collectibles in the 1st place. The problem with any company is as they grow their overhead expenses become larger and larger and they need to be more and more profitable to say in business. I'd rather see products like this so they can make some easy profits and make some fans who missed out previously happy. I don't like when they decide profits are more important than quality and diversity and stop making newer better figures but merely keep churning out new versions of older figures. When price goes up and quality goes down, that's the real problem. That's when the company has lost it's way and just wants to be a money machine rather than producing quality stuff for a niche market. This usually happens when a private company goes public or just plain greed sets in. Profits matter more than what they are manufacturing. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Hot Toys like it seems to be happening to another company with the initials SS. The only thing I see HT doing is leaving out some important accessories to be more profitable while increasing a price on a figure that cost nothing to design.

Okay since this was my first iron man figure from hot toys a few things I'd mention if you buy the figure or considering it.

Its huge!
The paint rubs off easily
Articulation is poor on wrists/ ankles/ shoulders/hips
Light up feature is bright
It looks awesome under light!
Batteries were a pain to get inside
Seems top heavy
Did I mention it looks awesome in gold!

Okay since this was my first iron man figure from hot toys a few things I'd mention if you buy the figure or considering it.

Its huge!
Seems top heavy

The paint rubs off easy?? Do you have any pics of this? I have one on the way..

Huge compared to what? I know it's your first but they're all the same scale... Also I have no paint rub on mine.

I always assumed that it has the same articulation as any other MK 7 based suit... It's not a SH Figurarts...

The paint is something new tho.

If that's the case, I don't see the articulation complaint, to me it's good and standard for an IM release

It has the same structure as the last Midas and the mk7. Just new paint.

Yeah I'll post pics later, I put it on the stand in flight pose and there is already some rubbing of the paint on the hip area.

Its huge!
Seems top heavy

Yeah I'll post pics later, I put it on the stand in flight pose and there is already some rubbing of the paint on the hip area.

When you say 'paint', are you referring to the electroplated parts?

Back