1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that Gunn shouldn’t have been fired based alone on past comments made. But if we’re now moving to a point where we’re now impugning people’s current character and demanding they be fired based solely on comments they’ve made in the past, what are we going to objectively base each case on if it’s a case by case basis? Perceived intent? As long as they apologize? If the apology at least seems genuine? Whether we personally like that person or not? Three of those are subjective with one of those three involving bias, and not objective.

I think what Gunn said was very wrong BUT he admits it was wrong, has not said anything else like that in a very long time and has seems to have sincerely apologized.

Some of the others are just asses and will never change. Roseanne keeps saying stupid stuff all the time but if she stopped saying those things, admits she was wrong and apologizes then she would deseve a second chance. Unfortunately she seems the type that nothing is her fault and blames everyone else for her issues.

I need to see a change in behavior before i can start to give someone a second chance but i am not against it in nonviolent cases.

I honestly don't know. It will probably be a combination of all those things you are mentioning. How does the apology sound, whether we think the person is a decent human being. What they actually meant. Even then not everybody will always feel the same way. I know I've said a lot of stupid stuff over the years, alot! I'm just glad i didn't do it on twitter or i doubt i would have the career i have now :)

Still part of me does keep thinking that in the end its all about money, if they thought they could make more money without him i don't think he would be back.

They did not need him or really need to make a GoTG3. We are only getting a tiny part of the story. Also (this is bad to say but people in marketing know it's true) dropping it at the end of the week with the terror attacks, Boeing aircraft issues and college admissions scandal means it will not get much attention from the major news networks like it originally did.

I honestly don't know. It will probably be a combination of all those things you are mentioning. How does the apology sound, whether we think the person is a decent human being. What they actually meant. Even then not everybody will always feel the same way. I know I've said a lot of stupid stuff over the years, alot! I'm just glad i didn't do it on twitter or i doubt i would have the career i have now :)

Still part of me does keep thinking that in the end its all about money, if they thought they could make more money without him i don't think he would be back.

You’re probably right. But that’s my point. I also agree that not everything is black and white or right and wrong. That’s why ethics exist. However, if we start moving towards a subjective (what it seems, if true, what I think it means, who I like, who I don’t like, who I agree with, who I don’t agree with, etc.) based society that’s based on feelings and not objectivity and facts, and can’t agree on a basic absolute moral set of standards that we’re going to hold everyone equally accountable to, that’s going to make for quite a slippery slope, because where will it end?

But I also concur that his rehiring is probably monetarily motivated.

They did not need him or really need to make a GoTG3. We are only getting a tiny part of the story. Also (this is bad to say but people in marketing know it's true) dropping it at the end of the week with the terror attacks, Boeing aircraft issues and college admissions scandal means it will not get much attention from the major news networks like it originally did.

I don't know about not needing GotG 3. From the bit I've heard the next chapter in the larger MCU is more cosmic based. The Guardians were the key to that. Ok with Capt Marvel now it's changed a bit. She can also expand on the cosmic world building. But the Guardians can also be used to introduce us to more of that cosmic realm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In any case, getting back to the thread topic. I've already sent a message to JC Hong on Instagram that they should now start working on an improved Drax with bigger upper torso !

This is the most important thing !! [emoji2]

Absolutely. I’d love to have a better Drax with blue pants.

Wonder if they scrubbed this idea as well as a IW version, nothing has been revealed in any of the conventions in 2018 and now :dunno

Maybe at SDCC this summer we will get an update :dunno

Wonder if they scrubbed this idea as well as a IW version, nothing has been revealed in any of the conventions in 2018 and now :dunno

Maybe at SDCC this summer we will get an update :dunno

Guess they stuck with the main characters. Most probably pushed Drax to Endgame version or GotG3 version in a few years time by the look of it.

Still I'd prefer to wait on a better version than the same with just blue pants.

If they make an EG Rocket, which I presume they will, there will be four Rocket figures and only one Drax. Wonder why he’s getting skipped over so much?

I see the SilverStar17 v inconsistent lefties has spilled over from CM onto the Drax board...and as usual SilverStar17 speaks and backs up his argument with sound logic...everyone else, not so much.

SilverStar17 :clap

They really need to get Drax right, and if that means waiting to Guardians 3 i would be okay with that. I let go of the first one to fund other figures, but sometimes worry that will be the only one!

Righties or lefties, there's a lot of crazies on both side, i could never commit to any party because of that. Have to vote on a case by case basis, on what issues i think matter. And with Gunn and all the other celebrities, we will never know what the full story is, but its fun trying to figure it out on an action figure forum, lol :):)

I have no interest in a Drax figure, and the one that is currently released has such poor likeness in the build of the body that it's an easy pass. If HT eventually releases one that has accurate proportions and doesn't look toy-ish, then sign me up, but I doubt that'll be possible since exposed joints will always be an issue.

Also, yep...crazies on both sides, but at least SilverStar17 has proven to be consistent and logical on his stance.

And what do you mean?! A toy forum is the perfect platform for such debates! :lol

I so wish this was real ! Didn't know where else to post him. Drax was close enough.

A real pity he didn't do more in Captain Marvel

4eba99a80ed18199924db0bb9754c26b.jpg

I so wish this was real ! Didn't know where else to post him. Drax was close enough.

A real pity he didn't do more in Captain Marvel

4eba99a80ed18199924db0bb9754c26b.jpg

Nah, I think HT made the right call. This figure most likely wouldn't sell well. I certainly have no interest in picking him up.

Back