1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would've liked a deluxe, but I'm not too bothered by missing out on the sith eyes since they weren't really in the movie that much. Like others said; had the outfit been battle damaged I might actually feel compelled to get it. But with just the sith eyes and I guess the sweeping blade attachment, there's nothing else I'd want. I don't care for the base. If it was a big dio and Obi-Wan could fit on it too that might have changed my mind.

This head should have come with the original as an alternate look, and instead of the base, have this one have the windswept hair Mustafar look.

I remember when Hot Toys used to include alternate sculpts. Now it's all about fleecing those with more money than sense.

The only part of this I’d want is the longer cloak. I don’t have my regular version of him yet though and think I got in on a later batch so maybe that was corrected. The Mustafar base is somewhat cool but not worth buying another figure for.

Sideshow did the exact same thing with their anakin years ago. That was a SDCC exclusive if i remember.

Easy pass for me. Pretty happy with the normal Anakin with the dual sabers.
Yeah, probably not very popular opinion but the Sith eyes don't look good for me (I'm still waiting to see more), and the droid base is meh.

I much prefer the Jedi Anakin that we see throughout the film so I would pose him with Sith eyes very briefly. Not worth it for me.

I have always said Anakin should have been a DX (he has the intensity in his expression to warrant DX). Two head sculpts, you could even add the golden head piece (which nobody will use), and the big ass Mustafar base. Outfits the same. Lets see Jack Sparrow DX 15 is released this way. What is the difference? Who has $500 to spend on the exact figure??

The reason its not packaged this way is why I have passed…..on both releases!!

I like the sith look

Are there companies that part out limited exclusive editions or only ebay

What's the point of a speculation thread if we're just going to start a new thread when pics are revealed?

Can we just have one thread per figure?

So whats the deal with the “Sith” eyes in the movie? It was never explained.

Why does Snoke have bright blue eyes? Why does Kylo’s eyes remain the same. I would imagine in his mood swings his eyes must switch back and fourth often.

What a lazy move from Hot Toys. Sold out figure, repaint eyes, yeeey, new exclusive figure.

Well, that's how you make money i guess.

You must be new to this hobby...Sideshow did the EXACT same thing back in 2006.....of course it only cost $60 back then.....

2139_press06-001.jpg

I'll admit it, I feel a little gypped by this. This is, by far, my preferred display version, and had I known I would have happily waited for it, and just grabbed this version instead. But I didn't know, so I didn't wait, and I have very little interest in owning two Anakins, personally, so here we are. Some characters and actors I'll happily double, or even triple, up on, but Hayden Christensen's Anakin isn't one of them. And certainly not at these prices.

I know some folks predicted this, but people predict an awful lot of things around here, most of which never actually happens, so even though I thought there was a good chance this would happen eventually, I genuinely didn't expect it so soon. And it's that it happened so soon that rubs the salt in. If this had happened a year down the line, or if it had more significant changes to justify its own release alongside the regular Anakin, then I wouldn't feel so burned, but right now I can't help but feel more than a bit toasty, all things considered.

Still, you rolls your dice and you takes your chances. It's just that this time I rolled snake eyes... Ah, well. Such is life, I guess. :lol

So whats the deal with the “Sith” eyes in the movie? It was never explained.

Why does Snoke have bright blue eyes? Why does Kylo’s eyes remain the same. I would imagine in his mood swings his eyes must switch back and fourth often.

Maybe they just aren't that huge dark side users like Siths, so corruption isn't visible.
Or it works completely different. In Knights of the Eternal Throne cgi intro person had blue eyes, when become angry with intention to kill his own father his eyes turned yellow, then he killed his brother and with regret his eyes turned normal again :dunno

Back