1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fail to see reasoning behind thinking these are two different figures just because the characters are. The figure uses 99% of the original with alternate paint and a dynamic base. I'm fine with it, they can do what they want but it's obvious why some people would be upset that this wasn't in a deluxe.

I see your point and it’s not that I don’t agree, I do. Thus why I said I think it needed a deluxe, like bespin luke. But at the same time, for display purposes, I could easily display these two figures together, either next to each other or with a kenobi in between or something.

I am curious why the “LoL” at people who bought the Jedi version.

But thank for the response I guess...

Ok so, unfortunately for me, I don’t have the luxury of attending Comic Con or any other conventions that carry these exclusives. Will this eventually be available through Sideshow?? I want this figure BAD but I really don’t want to have to get hosed on the second market for it. :(

Sideshow will have it, also if you read the description on Facebook, it says other places will as well, tho not a specific as the Sideshow link. :)

Im actually a little disappointed, sculpt looks amazing but was hoping the costume would be slightly weathered and showing some burn marks etc. Echo the duel on mustafar sequence.

I did not like this version, not in the movie, not in sixth scale. Simple as that.

I'm disappointed. I already have the regular Anakin and I would've preferred this one. For those of us on a budget and who love this hobby and see a LOT to get out there right now, this is a troubling situation. SHOULD have been a deluxe. I don't think I can bring myself to buy this one but this maybe the first figure I actively seek out the headsculpt for. God, I should've paid off my Spider-Man first. I had a poll up on facebook. Who should I pay off first: Anakin or Spider-man. Anakin won and I went with him. Oh well.

I'm disappointed. I already have the regular Anakin and I would've preferred this one. For those of us on a budget and who love this hobby and see a LOT to get out there right now, this is a troubling situation. SHOULD have been a deluxe. I don't think I can bring myself to buy this one but this maybe the first figure I actively seek out the headsculpt for. God, I should've paid off my Spider-Man first. I had a poll up on facebook. Who should I pay off first: Anakin or Spider-man. Anakin won and I went with him. Oh well.

I’m sorry, I also budget most of my collection, so I understand. If you want this one over the Jedi version I would suggest you preorder him on a flex plan and then just sell your Anakin now to pay for it.

I see your point and it’s not that I don’t agree, I do. Thus why I said I think it needed a deluxe, like bespin luke. But at the same time, for display purposes, I could easily display these two figures together, either next to each other or with a kenobi in between or something.

I am curious why the “LoL” at people who bought the Jedi version.

But thank for the response I guess...

Some people feel superior for waiting because they "knew" Sith eyes would come out and now they feel vindicated because it's the version that obviously everyone wants. HTs may have fooled some of you, but not them :nono

Then there's the opposite reaction where people feel the need to defend their Jedi purchase. And that is where I am :lol

I'm happy with the Jedi version. I do want Sith Anakin, and I'll get him once ESB Vader arrives on my doorstep :wink1:. I do want the base though...

Would've been nice if EpIII Anakin were simply a deluxe or a DX. But we've seen this with Armored Batman. No spear or battle damage on the regular? Wait for the toy fair ex. No Sith eyes or diorama base? Wait for toy fair ex. I don't know if "shady" is the right word, but it does kind of feel like HTs is "twisting the knife" in collectors' wallets when they pull stuff like this.

Im actually a little disappointed, sculpt looks amazing but was hoping the costume would be slightly weathered and showing some burn marks etc. Echo the duel on mustafar sequence.

Agreed - with a few more unique, distinguishing features they would have possibly grabbed a few of us who are on the fence with this one.

Some people feel superior for waiting because they "knew" Sith eyes would come out and now they feel vindicated because it's the version that obviously everyone wants. HTs may have fooled some of you, but not them :nono

Then there's the opposite reaction where people feel the need to defend their Jedi purchase. And that is where I am :lol

I'm happy with the Jedi version. I do want Sith Anakin, and I'll get him once ESB Vader arrives on my doorstep :wink1:. I do want the base though...

Would've been nice if EpIII Anakin were simply a deluxe or a DX. But we've seen this with Armored Batman. No spear or battle damage on the regular? Wait for the toy fair ex. No Sith eyes or diorama base? Wait for toy fair ex. I don't know if "shady" is the right word, but it does kind of feel like HTs is "twisting the knife" in collectors' wallets when they pull stuff like this.

Thank you for this well put reply, seems to be the same stuff that hit the Doctor Stange thread then.

But I think we all knew this was coming at somepoint, just a little too close to the previous release to be as well received. So yeah not quite “shady”, but somewhat twisted.

Was battle damage Cap a toy fair exclusive as well? That had some neat stuff, like a base, but didn’t have the mouth swap sculpt. Sadly missed out on both and after marketed the Ultron one that I liked. But I thought it was odd the battle version didn’t have a screaming expression.

Thank you for this well put reply, seems to be the same stuff that hit the Doctor Stange thread then.

But I think we all knew this was coming at somepoint, just a little too close to the previous release to be as well received. So yeah not quite “shady”, but somewhat twisted.

Was battle damage Cap a toy fair exclusive as well? That had some neat stuff, like a base, but didn’t have the mouth swap sculpt. Sadly missed out on both and after marketed the Ultron one that I liked. But I thought it was odd the battle version didn’t have a screaming expression.

Battling Cap was a Movie Promo. To me though, and this is just personal opinion, they felt different enough to where I clearly wanted Battling Cap. Outfit was completely (yet subtly) worn, shield was battle damaged, and it came with a diorama base. It "felt" like a movie promo edition. Whether you bought the regular version or the battle version, it felt like you had a complete figure.

Things like the Kryptonite spear and the Sith eyes "feel" like they were being held back when they should've been part of the standard release.

Looking at the latest Jack Sparrow release, this could have very easily been the next figure in the DX line.

What a lazy move from Hot Toys. Sold out figure, repaint eyes, yeeey, new exclusive figure.

Well, that's how you make money i guess.

This seems nice to have but im happy with the regular version. I displayed him with Grievous with some droids and clones and soon dooku (lots of display options). This would look rad with obiwan or a couple of 501 clones i guess.

I passed the regular version because of the likeness. I never really understood why it's not quite there.
But now I know. That expression needed the Sith eyes.
And since they also fixed the length of the robe, this just becomes a must have for me :yess:

What a lazy move from Hot Toys. Sold out figure, repaint eyes, yeeey, new exclusive figure.

Well, that's how you make money i guess.

The original isn't even sold out yet, I just ordered it the other day because I thought this one was going to be Episode II Anakin... jokes on me :lol

Back