1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say if this 3PO comes with an interchangeable battle droid head and blaster then I would be very intrigued lol.

8EJ1.gif

1DF220AC-5AC7-4079-AB83-1128CFDE6C99.gif

Hot Toys C-3PO’s body on the ground with R2 dragging his head away and some Battle Droids scattered around.

10/10 display.

It’s not my ideal version but I’ll likely get this 3PO. Glad to see Hot Toys is finally making him. Would have preferred an OT version too though.

Zam Wessell incoming. Just using the same parts as Ms Shand.

I would unironically get Zam Wesell but that’s unlikely. There are more important characters they haven’t done yet.

And her Mabari armor is like 0% similar to Fennec. There would be no parts to recycle which they both wouldn’t do and wouldn’t be allowed to do anyway.

3C4638C7-C3F4-484A-BD2E-D9F97595176C.jpeg
25019613-3630-4C1F-B2B6-DCC6AC134609.jpeg

If theyre ever going to do Padme, now will be the time.

Smart money sez that instead they will issue yet more versions of Kenobi and Anakin.

I would unironically get Zam Wesell but that’s unlikely. There are more important characters they haven’t done yet.

And her Mabari armor is like 0% similar to Fennec. There would be no parts to recycle which they both wouldn’t do and wouldn’t be allowed to do anyway.

View attachment 575042View attachment 575043
Some of us collectors are less fussy than others. A simple repaint of Fennec with poison-darted interchangeable Changeling head and cannister of worms would do for me.

Some of us collectors are less fussy than others. A simple repaint of Fennec with poison-darted interchangeable Changeling head and cannister of worms would do for me.

That’s not a matter of fussiness. I’m not trying to be pedantic but that would just be 100% inaccurate. To the point that LFL would probably not allow it.

No one should want that for collectibles that cost $200-300.

There would be no benefit to collectors or Hot Toys in the long run even if they hypothetically did that. They would still be charging $285 for a repaint that looks nothing like what it’s supposed to and fewer people would buy it, both on principle and the inaccuracy.

Is it possible there's some weird licensing moats around certain OT characters? I think it's really odd they haven't made a 1:6 3P0 or shrunken their near perfect 1/4 Vader into a 1:6 figure and their ARE competing Sideshow offerings.
I was thinking the same. Makes you wonder if it is some kind of licensing thing. We know they had the Ep 1 3PO and Ep 7 version as protos. Have they ever teased an OT 3PO? Not that I recall.
this should still look awesome and if there’s just a touch of gold shining under the weathering I’m down for this

The same applies to both Vader and Fett from ESB. They were made shortly before the 40th Anniversary editions.

Also I missed out on Dooku. Doesn’t mean I didn’t want him I just prioritized other figures more and missed him before he sold out.

Also I would say he’s one of the more memorable aspects of Episode II. A re-release wouldn’t hurt at all and again judging by what he sells for now people are willing to buy him so there’s probably some demand.

:lol From the time he was announced you had nearly two years to buy him. That isn't "missing out", how about some accountability for the choices you make.

Nah just them knowing how to milk this. Announce Episode 2 C3P0 then a month after it releases, announce a shiny chrome C3P0 from ANH or Episode 3.

200.gif
Yup! They know ppl will buy this just in case HT doesn’t make an OT one. This way HT gets their money from this one and then again whenever they release the OT. Sort of like they did with R2D2. They released a bare bones TFA one, then years later released the deluxe OT one.

Last edited:
Honestly will have a hard time deciding between PT C-3P0 and OT C-3PO if they make it.

Back