1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy that they are celebrating this anniversary. My guess is
Rereleases of dooku and yoda.
aotc r2 and C3po
A clone of some kind
Battle droid
99% reused

and then hot toys looks at us and says keep dreaming about mace, padme, and kit fisto virgins.

I hope I’m wrong and we get padme, mace, obi, and anakin. I just can’t see them giving us a lot from this movie.

What a ******* mistep! Of all the characters you'd specifically associate with AOTC, these 2 aren't even close. Fair enough they may be announcing other characters too, but to release an OT R2, even a ******* TFA R2, and then they finally release a 3PO.....that only goes with yet another R2 release. What a BS move. At least they've finally made him and they can repaint it to the version that I'm guessing most people would actually want. FFS.
I’m looking at this like The Mandalorian biker scout. Put the lesser version out first and then give us the ot. Only this version won’t sell because the casuals don’t want aotc C3po and then Howard will say nobody wants C3po. We will be stuck with the sideshow version forever.

Crazy that they are celebrating this anniversary. My guess is
Rereleases of dooku and yoda.
aotc r2 and C3po
A clone of some kind
Battle droid

99% reused

and then hot toys looks at us and says keep dreaming about mace, padme, and kit fisto virgins.

I hope I’m wrong and we get padme, mace, obi, and anakin. I just can’t see them giving us a lot from this movie.
Basically they'll do the ones without head sculpts that can be easy repaints down the line.

3PO is probably the figure I've been wanting them to do most but never dreamed it would be this version. :gah:

Guess I'll just have to keep waiting for an OT version.

Of all the criticisms you can level at Hot Toys.

You can't say they don't know how to surprise you.

I've waited so long for Threepio I will accept any version offered.

I would even have bought a Mandalorian teacher droid.

Yes, they ARE going to starch me with an OT repaint down the tracks.

My hope is for this line to include Jango and come in anniversary displayable packaging like the Empire figures.

Of all the criticisms you can level at Hot Toys.

You can't say they don't know how to surprise you.

I've waited so long for Threepio I will accept any version offered.

I would even have bought a Mandalorian teacher droid.

Yes, they ARE going to starch me with an OT repaint down the tracks.

My hope is for this line to include Jango and come in anniversary displayable packaging like the Empire figures.
This is the Hot Toys M.O. Starve people to the point of desperation, give them the version they don't want but they buy it anyway, then sell them the version they do want down the line.

I would be in for padme and anakin.
I can’t wait for jango and have dooku.
maybe a kamino obi wan?
I guess Mac would be really popular.

Damn you Hot Toys... :gah: ..... :tap

An OT 3PO is the main HT SW figure I am patiently waiting for (the 2nd was the ROTJ Scout trooper, & 3rd a ROTJ Vader). I do at least have the 1st release SS wonky thumb 3PO ex... So there's that at least. I just can't believe how many years will pass between the OT R2 release and his sideckick OT 3PO...

This is purely a business money making move/strategy. I guess they justify this 1st as they know a majority of fans would only buy an OT 3PO and skip every other version (like myself). This way they get a greater buyer pool who will buy this just to have 3PO on their shelf due to impatience/playing the loooong waiting game. And most will buy both of these to have the pair. When they do release OT 3PO, I guarantee they do a rerelease of OT R2 or some slightly variant version.

This does look great though, so happy for those that oddly may actually want this over an OT 3PO..

This is the Hot Toys M.O. Starve people to the point of desperation, give them the version they don't want but they buy it anyway, then sell them the version they do want down the line.

This is EXACTLY what theyll do with ARC Echo, I can feel it coming and its really gonna annoy me when they do it.

Then I will buy both Echos and cuss while I do it. Touche HT

:lol From the time he was announced you had nearly two years to buy him. That isn't "missing out", how about some accountability for the choices you make.
What exactly is your problem? Seriously it happens to a lot of us where we miss figures. I’m just stating with the 20th Anniversary announcement of figures coming and Dooku being a memorable part of the film plus an existing popular figure a re-release would be welcome. Get the hell out of here with your holier than thou attitude.

Rather not see Dooku again but they’ll probably do what they did for ESB and give us a couple of reissues and a couple of new figures.

Palpatine and Royal Guards will get reissues next year for the ROTJ 40th anniversary.

Obi-Wan and Anakin will get reissues in 2025 for the ROTS 20th anniversary.

Apparently you guys didn't collect the Hot Toys Spider-Man video game figures. They start with the one you don't want then finish the line with the one you do want (Classic). This is building the C-3P0 template then utilizing it as many times as they can. They start with AOTC cause you might buy it. They might make another iteration then end with the OT version you will buy.

Dooku seems to be around $450 on Ebay. Yoda is around the same price. K-2SO is around $800. I can see why they would rehash K2.

All I know is that the Clones are coming.

Screenshot 2022-05-01 092743.jpg

I just want these guys:

republic-commando-promo.jpg

Yeah we really need reissues clogging up the production line .
I mean reissues are inevitable anyways. All you have to do is look at eBay and the sold listings for Dooku and you’ll see why it makes sense. He regularly sells in the high $300 range if not climbing up to the $500s.

Back