1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

View attachment 588881
Guy Klender posing again?

😛

"you wouldn't recognise him because of the missing arm".

Least we know if they eventually do an OT version from ANH,we can recreate the fall he has when the Tuskens attack Luke 😁

Where these two on display at SDCC?
Not there, same with a few "coming soon" characters like Bo, Mando Luke, Vaughn and Jesse.

Jesse and Vaughn have not been at any cons since they went up for order last year.

I hear they got lost in transit but they have their best people looking for them.

A728016E-C3A5-44ED-B0C3-10A7BB5433E5.gif

Naked Threepio is an absolute must have. Aesthetically, I enjoy just about everything from TPM- and all of the prequels for that matter- but TPM is the pinnacle for my childhood nostalgia.
I'd buy Gungans, Jar Jar and Boss Nass especially, Captain Panaka, Naboo Guards, Amidala in all of her amazing dresses, Palpatine (although ROTS would be more definitive,) Sebulba, Anakin with his backpack and racing helmet, Watto, all those Jedi Council nerds, the separatists, Droidekas!
The movie gets no love but the art design and score deserve all the praise in the world.

Just received my Biker Scout last week. Looking ahead AOTC C-3PO “may” be the next HT figure I purchase. I say may because I am not 100% sure. I have no interest any other current HT preorder/catalog. Looks like a long wait (2024) for my next possible HT. I don’t mind one or two years between figures cool with me!

Just received my Biker Scout last week. Looking ahead AOTC C-3PO “may” be the next HT figure I purchase. I say may because I am not 100% sure. I have no interest any other current HT preorder/catalog. Looks like a long wait (2024) for my next possible HT. I don’t mind one or two years between figures cool with me!
I’m in the same boat. I flexed the speeder bike set and I don’t know if I want anything else currently up. Maybe the aotc r2, C3po, and pilot? Maybe the new bespin luke, but i already have the dx07. Maybe Kuiil and Mandalorian Luke? I’m really running out of room and want only ot figures. Hot toys had the time to release mace, padme, etc. now I don’t think I want them and have been contemplating selling all of my non ot figures. This Disney plus garbage ruined Star Wars hot toys collecting. It’s 99% of the releases.

disney plus shows have been hit and miss, and without ruffling feathers here i think its got a lot to do with the emphasis on inclusion instead of story.
Yeah, I’m enjoying it on a basic level but it seems really unsure of itself in terms of story and even the characters don’t seemed particularly, for lack of a better word, fleshed out. But it’s an entertaining distraction.

Capped all AOTC figures. Think they’ll do it to more products.

It’s not AOTC exclusive. First noticed it with 1/4 TBOBF Fett, but has continued chronologically since then. The subsequent KX Droids and the two BARC Speeders signaled something was up.

Now I feel it’s confirmed to be a deliberate pattern and tactic based on what’s happening.

It’s not AOTC exclusive. First noticed it with 1/4 TBOBF Fett, but has continued chronologically since then. The subsequent KX Droids and the two BARC Speeders signaled something was up.

Now I feel it’s confirmed to be a deliberate pattern and tactic based on what’s happening.
Soon they can label HT’s as limited and numbered runs.

Back