1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ani with the speeder would be sick.
I could see that happening too. I thought it was weird for Hot Toys to include the STAP with General Anakin but a Speeder with Padawan Anakin would be a great option for the release.

Good news is we should now see an OT 3PO in a couple years when the price for a die cast figure will be in the $500 range.

True about pricing. They might slow down on releases like that, though; I don’t think it’s sustainable and they must feel that. People held their noses and bought Iron Man despite the prices but I don’t think they’ll do that as much for other characters.

The Hot Toys C-3PO had better not be diecast. I don’t think most people want to pay $400+ for a figure for a couple ounces of pot metal.

Plus I think I’ve seen or heard of at least a few examples of every diecast Iron Man figure peeling and chipping on diecast parts. It’s not a super prevalent issue, but it seems to happen even on the newest ones. Probably environment related.

I’d rather as much plastic be used as possible.

Hot Toys don’t ever change

4357198D-B73F-4E5F-80BF-5887FA3A92F3.jpeg

What would really suck is if HT ends up making R2D2 only available in a two pack with C3PO :LOL:

True about pricing. They might slow down on releases like that, though; I don’t think it’s sustainable and they must feel that. People held their noses and bought Iron Man despite the prices but I don’t think they’ll do that as much for other characters.

The Hot Toys C-3PO had better not be diecast. I don’t think most people want to pay $400+ for a figure for a couple ounces of pot metal.

Plus I think I’ve seen or heard of at least a few examples of every diecast Iron Man figure peeling and chipping on diecast parts. It’s not a super prevalent issue, but it seems to happen even on the newest ones. Probably environment related.

I’d rather as much plastic be used as possible.
Diecast is definitely overrated and like you said, it has a higher chance of paint chipping. I made a comment in the BD MK85 thread about folks needing to watchout for chipping the paint on the knees for the kneeling "I am Iron man" pose, and the response was that HT Iron Man paint is very durable. I didn't feel like having that debate, but the best example is the legs chipping/pealing/flaking for no apparent reason on the Civil War Mk46.

Ppl seem to like diecast and want it b/c of its weight that gives them some sort of perceived higher quality, value and I guess bragging rights to friends/family who probably don't care one way or the other :rolleyes2 :lol Diecast is also murder on joint longevity.

Last edited:
It would be a unique look for Threepio to be sure but...I can't muster up any enthusiasm for yet another pre-order that will be two or three years out.

I'd rather see HT work harder at catching up on what PO's they already have than make more "announcements" for figures that won't see the light of day for years.

I mean, you’d think they’re training new staff to ramp up production so they can catch up at some point, right? Who the hell wants to wait 48-60 months for something they prefers to show up? They can’t keep pushing release windows back like this, it’s going to kill them.

No doubt if this doesn't sell well Howard will decide there's no interest in 3PO and we'll never get the OT version. :slap

No doubt if this doesn't sell well Howard will decide there's no interest in 3PO and we'll never get the OT version. :slap

Actually, they probably know the OT will sell better. However, putting this as the 2nd release will surely get lower sales so they put this first to get first dibs and make another boat load of cash selling the 2nd one.

Trying to win both games of a back to back.

This is such an opportune time for them to put out AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan, they’d be stupid not to. The hype is going to be huge for these two characters over the next few months, so having multiple versions of each character on the market wouldn’t be counter-productive. They do it with Luke, so why not Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan? They’re easily in the top 5 characters in Star Wars.

May 3rd is tomorrow local time,so COULD be a possibility,if not today.
Im not expecting too many reveals on May 4th. Maybe a couple, but since they've said they have some never before seen reveals to show at celebration, they might save most for that. But who knows? Maybe they'll split up the reveals equally

When I bought the Tamashi C-3P0 years ago, it was the most I had ever spent on a figure. As soon as I opened it, I knew it was worth every penny and I knew this was a figure I wouldn’t need to upgrade. It is amazing and has remained in my top ten since I got it. Hope that Hot Toys can make a great C-3P0 and a great OT version for everyone down the line.
Definitely, finally picked one up about a year ago. Worth every penny. Easily worth the price of 2 figures for those who consider 3PO a grail figure. It’s a pure masterpiece, not one I can see even Hot Toys topping.

Back