1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has a 25% off sale on select in stock Star wars items may 4th. They usually include most of their sixth scales so we'll see.
I don’t remember that from year’s past, but I’m probably just forgetting or haven’t taken advantage previously. Curious what might end up discounted. If Han in Carbonite is included I may jump on it finally.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good but not sure if I’d have the room for this one. Would’ve loved to see a display with Anakin, Padme in her blue dress and cloak, with 3PO.

Episode 2 had such great designs and costumes. They would translate so well into 1/6 scale if they can get the materials right. A Chancellor Palpatine would be amazing.

Attachments

• 4986281D-01FE-482F-B5AB-6AFCBB9E5C4F.jpeg
    4986281D-01FE-482F-B5AB-6AFCBB9E5C4F.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 35
  • A8DE5AD9-73FD-43EE-ACCF-10DBD525F508.jpeg
    A8DE5AD9-73FD-43EE-ACCF-10DBD525F508.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 28
  • B42604D6-526B-4378-85EC-18E7D3FC8DC3.jpeg
    B42604D6-526B-4378-85EC-18E7D3FC8DC3.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 0983A5E1-2DA6-419A-83DA-5D83778AB0E0.jpeg
    0983A5E1-2DA6-419A-83DA-5D83778AB0E0.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 5AF8A653-2AC9-46B7-85C3-4D1B8943B86A.jpeg
    5AF8A653-2AC9-46B7-85C3-4D1B8943B86A.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 40
I would definitely get an Episode 2 Anakin, Obi wan to replace my sideshow version to go with Jango, and a phase 1 Clone Trooper.

I don’t remember that from year’s past, but I’m probably just forgetting or haven’t taken advantage previously. Curious what might end up discounted. If Han in Carbonite is included I may jump on it finally.
Yeah they have done it for the last few years and it was in a recent newsletter and on Starwars.com May the Fourth discount post, but I'm almost positive Han in Carbonite will be amongst the chosen. He has been in the past. They show Hot Toys IG-11 and Mando/Grogu on the ad. I would also assume most of the Hot Toys troopers will be on sale again. We'll see. I may end up getting some extra 501st and some other troopers. There's potential to be an expensive day, but it usually is 😂

They fly now.

JJ Abrams (thinking): what would surprise a flyboy about stormtoopers? Ah-ha!

Lucas: It's poetry.
You know what's funny? I decided to replay Revenge of the Sith on Xbox yesterday since it's finally BC and Anakin (voiced by Hayden) says "They fly now?" when him and Obi-Wan are on the elevator rescuing Palps because of some flying Battle Droids. It was pretty surprising to hear 😂

When I think of Episode II Attack of the Clones I think of images like Padawan Anakin duel wielding green and blue lightsabers. I think of mullet Detective Obi-Wan. I think of the shiny white phase I Clone Troopers with the distinct t-visors. There’s also Mace Windu and his purple lightsaber. The menacing Super Battle Droids also come to mind and how could anyone forget bare midriff Geonosis Padme.

R2-D2 and C-3PO are not what I think of. In fact, I associate those two more with the original Star Wars than anything else.

What a weird company.

Anyone know if the C3PO details are vastly different from ANH to ATOTC? Would it be a simple paint job to change one from the other?

Loving the movies and characters as much as I do, I never did get into the differences. How Darth Vader's Light Saber was different in each movie, Stormtrooper Helmets and even the Millennium Falcon's landing gear changed. I wouldn't doubt Lucas would remold the 3PO suit with different details and such.

25%. It was in a newsletter email and on the Starwars.com article

Oh, save up to 25%... so they're finally letting The Force Awakens stormies go for 25% off?

Yeah, up to is key. I don’t see them letting most of the in stock Hot Toys figures go for 25% off. That’s a lot.

Maybe 10% on most of the ones chosen to go on sale, with 20-25% off the slowest sellers like the Jet Troopers along with all the random jewelry and paperweights they have collecting dust in the warehouse.

Definitely, finally picked one up about a year ago. Worth every penny. Easily worth the price of 2 figures for those who consider 3PO a grail figure. It’s a pure masterpiece, not one I can see even Hot Toys topping.
Agreed, the Tamashi Threepio is the crown jewel of my 1/6 Star Wars collection.

The Hot Toys figures will get 10% off max, the higher percentage off will go to their in stock Sideshow figures. 25% off will go to stuff like art prints or other stuff.

God, I hope so. Otherwise that HT 501st Battalion trooper is going to have to deploy to my display cabinet and it wont be good.

Dammit, looks like gonna have to wait for ages for TFA 3P0 or at least ROTS.

Back