1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had decided to keep my TDW sculpt for this Thor as an alternate, and sell the body and accessories. No one's been interested in a headless body so that kind of backfired.

I'm gonna order the AoU Thor whenever it starts shipping, which should be pretty soon I thought.

Just fot fun.
Head AoU
Body and cape DW
Armor Avengers 1
151112042709587703.jpg

I like how that turned out. :duff

Great bash, I always liked how the A1 armour looked with the shoulder extending outward a bit more.

As promised, mine was finished up today using the tips on gluing that I got here, and I think he turned out pretty good.

Thor_Custom.jpg

The ingredients are:

AoU Headsculpt
Dark World Body w/AoU Extended Foot Pegs
AoU Armor
AoU Pants
Light Asgardian Armor Cape
Avengers Mjolnir
AoU Lightning Effects

I am really happy with the result, after having the bare arms look before,
I think this looks more "battle ready".

Hmm, I think Popcultcha's exchange rate convertor must be playing up. To my suprise the price had updated to $299NZ. So I logged out and switched to AU dollars and it is now $329. That's closer to $360NZ after converting.

Dang it. If I'd got a couple more of the Reward Point codes at Halloween the decision would be simple... :gah:

As promised, mine was finished up today using the tips on gluing that I got here, and I think he turned out pretty good.

The ingredients are:

AoU Headsculpt
Dark World Body w/AoU Extended Foot Pegs
AoU Armor
AoU Pants
Light Asgardian Armor Cape
Avengers Mjolnir
AoU Lightning Effects

I am really happy with the result, after having the bare arms look before,
I think this looks more "battle ready".

That turned out great, man! :clap :woo

Comparing the photos I think AoU Thor is definitely suits a simple pose, with TDW suiting a more expressive pose. Pity, as I'd actually like to display the two the opposite way.

Maybe I should leave TDW Thor in my Avengers display and buy AoU and put him with Loki... I doubt the mrs will know the difference. :lol

75f20d016a608e716aa0bafab7c9deb2.jpg
9a5d83da684dc909981a9e5fd4b03973.jpg
88afc544cbfac5d95ab7ed4e1ebd015d.jpg
b5e9f65d0f15f1a4b0713c85330a7e84.jpg
35475788dd35c81307243829581515fc.jpg
38f4162c31641894143fb5ff6c2346a1.jpg
85fd0d9ebb00be0bfffed55a9325da22.jpg

I think I owed these two guys better lighting and angles, last pics Inposted were a bit in a hurry and weren't properly posed.
I think I regained some respect for the Loki Avengers figure after this.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I like that second shot with Loki a little behind and too the side. I'd consider swapping Banner's sceptor for the knife to pose something like that... and I really like the match of AoU Thor with TDW Loki.

Man I wonder if my nitpickyness can cope if I do that and leave TDW Thor with my Avengers display... :wink1:

I like that second shot with Loki a little behind and too the side. I'd consider swapping Banner's sceptor for the knife to pose something like that... and I really like the match of AoU Thor with TDW Loki.

Man I wonder if my nitpickyness can cope if I do that and leave TDW Thor with my Avengers display... :wink1:

Something horrible will happen to your family if you take your OCD lightly. :lol

No... it was the truth on both counts, but your original post made my lol about the circumstances, so cheers for that... :duff

Back