1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt and helmet look good on TDW body, I did that with mine.

ef6af30f4fa0dfa5fd9a98712a693a7b.jpg

The tide is turning for me on this a little ... I love my armored Dark World Thor ... but wouldn't mind the close-mouthed sculpt on this and the silver, rather than the gold accents. I do prefer the armored sleeves, though. I've seen people do mods by switching their outfits, but I don't think I have the stomach for it ha

The tide is turning for me on this a little ... I love my armored Dark World Thor ... but wouldn't mind the close-mouthed sculpt on this and the silver, rather than the gold accents. I do prefer the armored sleeves, though. I've seen people do mods by switching their outfits, but I don't think I have the stomach for it ha

I'm in the process of doing this mod, myself. Looks pretty good thus far, I will be posting pics when he is finished up this week!

It's good. Buy it. There's your review.

I've had mine for 2 weeks already. Pretty much the exact figure as LA Thor. Cape is a little darker than I remember from the movie but can be exchanged to the LA cape easily. Since I prefer the HS and colors of the AoU Thor plus the lighted Mjolnir it is,IMO, the best Thor released so far

I think I'm holding out for a trustworthy review on this one before I commit.

Because it is so similar to the light armor DW one I think it is safe to assume that most aspects of the figure has been thoroughly reviewed and scrutinized. I think it comes down to whether you prefer the closed mouth sculpt of this one or the DW sculpt with the open mouth and which color variations you prefer for the costume.

I prefer the closed mouth and silver highlights on the costume better than the open mouth with gold highlights on the costume. - That is why the AOU Thor is the Thor figure for me. I don't think more reviews will tell you anything that hasn't already been revealed.

Still, no need to jump the gun on this one; if the sculpt was as spot-on as Rudd's I'd be all over it...because it's not, I'm on the fence.

Because it is so similar to the light armor DW one I think it is safe to assume that most aspects of the figure has been thoroughly reviewed and scrutinized. I think it comes down to whether you prefer the closed mouth sculpt of this one or the DW sculpt with the open mouth and which color variations you prefer for the costume.

:goodpost:

Not to mention the fact that the AoU sculpt's hair has more of a goldish hue to it than that of TDW, which a lot of people seem to like. I have all of the Thor figures thus far to date, including the AoU one coming next month, but if I had to choose just one, I think I would go with AoU Thor for the same reasons. I prefer the silver highlights on his suit in lieu of the gold and I like the closed mouth expression of the AoU sculpt.

Still, no need to jump the gun on this one; if the sculpt was as spot-on as Rudd's I'd be all over it...because it's not, I'm on the fence.

I think the likeness of the sculpt looks pretty darn good; It looks like Chris Hemsworth to me. I think the Paul Rudd one is exceptional even among some of the best HT sculpts they have ever done; but I don't think this takes away from Thor being a very good sculpt in its own right. It's still one of the better ones they have done even if it's not up their with the best of the best.

But if you are not that taken with it, no need to jump the gun I guess. Take your time and decide what you like. These figures cost too much to get something and not be happy about it.

Not to mention the fact that the AoU sculpt's hair has more of a goldish hue to it than that of TDW, which a lot of people seem to like. I have all of the Thor figures thus far to date, including the AoU one coming next month, but if I had to choose just one, I think I would go with AoU Thor for the same reasons. I prefer the silver highlights on his suit in lieu of the gold and I like the closed mouth expression of the AoU sculpt.

Yea, I like the blonder hair too.
I have been thinking about picking up a second head to mod a helmet to fit on to, and I had thought I'd get a DW head for the variety. But now I am wondering if I just want another AOU head because I like the hair and expression better on it.

Unless HT for whatever reason made fewer of these, if you're not totally committed or sold on this, you can wait for a few more months. Who knows? Maybe this will be available for a terrific price on Popcultcha by then.

Unless HT for whatever reason made fewer of these, if you're not totally committed or sold on this, you can wait for a few more months. Who knows? Maybe this will be available for a terrific price on Popcultcha by then.

At the moment I'm toying with Popcultcha vs Sideshow. I have $47US in RP at Sideshow and $54NZ of savings at Popcultcha. The difference is roughly $20NZ in Popcultcha's favour after currency conversion. That's IF they don't put the price up before/during stock arrival. (I know Sideshow won't)

It's a question of do I want to wait longer for it to be released in Australia to save $20... and also a question of do I wait till after launch to try and find another saving further down the track. I already have AoU Thor, so this won't kill me if I miss it, but I'm kinda keen to get all Thors and Lokis released from this point..

Back