1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else notice the knees look different in one of the photos? The one photo with his transformed hands has different legs. It seems they decided to upscale the Movie Venom’s legs instead and go for that instead. Also curious if they were going to reuse Thanos’ arms and switch to movie Venom’s arms too. I’ll take any PS5 Venom I get.
Not noticing anything with the knees myself but this is what's standing out to me yet again like Carnage=

So while it's big, a nice announcement, might "balance out the size difference vs Carnage" as someone put it stating since you know Carnage really shouldn't be taller than Venom but you know the movie.......

But I have some critiques: videogame promos vs what they have here which I'm sure is prototype, my issue is with proportions again. Maybe it's just the image & I would have to see in person (said the same thing about Carnage but sadly ended up being right), either chest isn't large & spread out enough or abdomen needs to be a tad bit narrower. Famous promo I've seen is him at night it looks like landing then roaring but bending over a bit, which could possibly make the abdomen seem a bit on the narrower side in my eyes.

Seems the abdomen section is the one that's hard to tackle when it comes to Hot Toys & Symbiotes at least when it comes to Carnage where the abdomen just doesn't seem narrow enough like in movie so Carnage 1/6 scale has wide massive gut compared to on screen to me, making body run kind of in a disproportionate level.

Anyways will see. Probably will be like $560 or something like that. If 53cm, that's taller than the last accurately sized Hulk (Age of Ultron & talking about accurately sized on movie's end & Hot Toys' end, as MCU went on he has gotten smaller.....). That Hulk according to their site own site was approx. 42cm........so talk about wow. Mac Gargan sized for sure. Wonder will the scythe/axe blade from prior Venom figures be able to fit.......

Another size comparison.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 000033.png

Okay, I'll definitely decide against this Venom! I'm hoping to win the Sandman, Vulture or Kraven the Hunter from Hot Toys for my Sinister Six display.

I really love the design and not to take away from the figure since it looks BRILLIANT but he's WAY too big to be the 1/6 Venom figure I always wanted. I get that it's an interpretation from a videogame and I'm sure it make sense from that context but I think my search for a near comic accurate 1/6 Venom continues.

Hmm.

It's too big. Probably game accurate but they've pushed the size of Venom that little bit past being able to fit as a classic comic style venom.

But it does look good and the size is helped with hunched poses, which is very Venom.

Hmm.

Hmm.

It's too big. Probably game accurate but they've pushed the size of Venom that little bit past being able to fit as a classic comic style venom.

But it does look good and the size is helped with hunched poses, which is very Venom.

Hmm.
It is game accurate. I wouldn’t have minded HT being allowed to take some artistic liberty here with the size though.

Back