1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Peter Parker (Black Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ye TBA is pretty much off the table for me now as they’ve decided to solely offer figures upon release with massively inflated prices.
And, if this special edition head is a sideshow exclusive, I’m out as well because shopping at sideshow adds £100 to any 1/6 figure.

This has always been a striking suit so I may even replace my Bully Maguire black suit Spidey for this iteration of the symbiote suit.
I’ve loved this design since the good old days of-
View attachment 651611
Damn that sucks! Last figure I pre-ordered from TBA was the new HT Amazing Spider-Man 2 a year ago. Who's everyone else use for preorders oversees?

Damn that sucks! Last figure I pre-ordered from TBA was the new HT Amazing Spider-Man 2 a year ago. Who's everyone else use for preorders oversees?
OneSixthKit is the most reputable and the owner is a member of this site, and I also use KGHobby a lot as they’re slightly cheaper.

Problem with a smooth black suit is that it'll look like a spandex sex suit. Same reason Raimi went against it for SM3 since it didn't look that good when done practically. It needs texture and something else going on it.

0b5k2v32p2t71.jpg
DU4E-WCW4AMZO1J.jpg
Raimi didn’t have passion for the symbiote arc to begin with. I’m sure he would have done venom and the suit better if he had more love for the character. I know the studio pushed venom on him but venom is a fan fav and the most requested villain to appear during that time. I’m sorry but I’d be pretty dissatisfied if after doc ock we follow up with … vulture.

I can’t believe people are saying this suit doesn’t look good. It looks absolutely perfect. The alien texture and the sleek look. I bet the mcu won’t suit if ever done wont look nearly as good .

I fully hear the distaste of panel lines complaint that can leave the impression that this is just a very oily outfit as opposed to a living organism. Panel lines have become a mandatory inclusion for all super suits now- and it works for suits- but Venom is not just another item of clothing.

I believe this design choice is a compromise intended to break-up what would otherwise have just been plain black and maybe that's viewed as too boring or not realistic but, if details absolutely must be added, I'd prefer a more organic structure like veins, musculature etc.
Although they probably tested that as well as thought he looked too much like Panther suit Batman without a cape.

I fully hear the distaste of panel lines complaint that can leave the impression that this is just a very oily outfit as opposed to a living organism. Panel lines have become a mandatory inclusion for all super suits now- and it works for suits- but Venom is not just another item of clothing.

I believe this design choice is a compromise intended to break-up what would otherwise have just been plain black and maybe that's viewed as too boring or not realistic but, if details absolutely must be added, I'd prefer a more organic structure like veins, musculature etc.
Although they probably tested that as well as thought he looked too much like Panther suit Batman without a cape.
Another interpretation is that, as a living organism, the symbiote decided to mimic some of the design details of a typical suit in order to hide its alien nature. Peter is still able to see while it's on him so it has copied the transparent nature of the lenses in his mask. If one can accept that then accepting the rest isn't all that difficult.

Another interpretation is that, as a living organism, the symbiote decided to mimic some of the design details of a typical suit in order to hide its alien nature. Peter is still able to see while it's on him so it has copied the transparent nature of the lenses in his mask. If one can accept that then accepting the rest isn't all that difficult.
I accept that as a logical explanantion- I just don't particularly enjoy the results.

Ya know, I’m going to say there’s a possibility that Insomniac includes a Black Suit w/o the *whispers* “lines lines lines” in the game. Considering the number of skins we’ve yet to see, it’s an easy bit of retooling as an alternate look and perhaps the retooling for Hot Toys is “take the Classic Suit mold, paint it black, etc”.

…maybe exchange the symbiote accessories for a pizza and a Shocker plushie, I don’t know 😄

I am pretty excited about this figure. I was looking forward to this reveal since the first teaser of the game. I am really glad the spider logo looks like the classic comic version

The only thing that bothers me are the mechanical arms. Would have preferred a version without those things. But it is as it is, we have to deal with the rubber covers. The black hides them pretty good, so that’s a plus.

I totally get what you mean. Ofcourse I appreciate the new suit for what it is (something different).

My main issue is that it looks almost armored (even with shoes wtf).

The mask is chef’s kiss.

View attachment 651601View attachment 651602

Don’t know what gimps are but I like it! Give me more gimp. Look how CLEAN this looks. How simple and minimalistic.
Agreed 100%. The lines on the suit just ruins the look for me. You can have the textures on the suit to make it look alien like, like how it is on the figure now without the lines. That will make it look so much better.

It’s over his actual suit though, that’s why those details bleed through.

It’s over his actual suit though, that’s why those details bleed through.
I was thinking that too but the details don't match the Advanced Suit 2.0, which is what I assume is underneath. I suppose it could be another suit but all we can see now is the red mask. Edit: it also has the Advanced Suit's web wings and mechanical legs/pincers, making it even more likely that's what is underneath.

Last edited:
In the latest Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 sneak peek trailer, Peter Parker is seen fighting with an alternate suit on! This solid black suit enhances Peter’s power with unique abilities, but at the same time it has a clear physiological effect on Peter, altering his look, making him more aggressive, even against his friends like Miles.

With immense anticipation of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Hot Toys is bringing Peter Parker (Black Suit) in 1/6th scale collectible figure to prepare fans for the new challenges!

This amazingly-detailed figure features a newly crafted masked head, his physique depicted by a specialized body, newly developed black suit with detailed texture and patterns, articulated pincers with black tendrils, an array of accessories including black web shooter with newly designed black webbing accessories, web-wings, a tentacle effect, matching interchangeable hands and a display base.

A Special Edition available in selected markets exclusively includes an additional masked head in transformation to recreate the thrilling scene.

This is sure to be a brilliant addition to your Spider-Man collection. Make pre-order now!

DSBcbvv.jpg
l0TdRqT.jpg
E7xvrti.jpg
gvwWiL7.jpg
vQ5tjSR.jpg
Pa6OXsS.jpg
yniOSxB.jpg
Ec6Z1Pj.jpg
bUS5s3p.jpg
Mff8uyZ.jpg
Rnvd4OY.jpg
KbW6Sbr.jpg
1f9Csp7.jpg
3V7uC8S.jpg
GK0rK9a.jpg

fz2ihax.jpg
united kingdom uk GIF

I think that's exactly what they tried to do with this interpretation of it. It's actually more subtle on the Hot Toys figure than how it is in-game, mostly due to them having to apply this pattern onto a skin tight fabric.

You can see that they tried to replicate that muscle fiber-like appearance on a bunch of different sections like in the bicep area. They combined both that + the look of it replicating a armor/suit. Of course, whether you or anyone likes that design approach is personal preference.

I actually like that the Hot Toys figure is a more subtle version to it.

msm2_gameplayreveal_blacksuit_4k_legal_2023.jpg

SXJYsz4.png

I think that's exactly what they tried to do with this interpretation of it. It's actually more subtle on the Hot Toys figure than how it is in-game, mostly due to them having to apply this pattern onto a skin tight fabric.

You can see that they tried to replicate that muscle fiber-like appearance on a bunch of different sections like in the bicep area. They combined both that + the look of it replicating a armor/suit. Of course, whether you or anyone likes that design approach is personal preference.

I actually like that the Hot Toys figure is a more subtle version to it.

msm2_gameplayreveal_blacksuit_4k_legal_2023.jpg

SXJYsz4.png
I like that the eyes of the figure are a bit bigger compared to the game.

Last edited:
Back