1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Peter Parker (Black Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Malkovich was cast as Vulture, right? That would have been something memorable. Good? Maybe. At least memorable.
Yeah, I dunno. I feel one of the things that the MCU has really excelled at is taking some of the more ridiculous comic characters (Batroc, Vulture, Mysterio, etc.) and really make them not-so-silly while retaining the core concepts. I don't feel like the Raimi-verse stewards really got that.

Yeah, I dunno. I feel one of the things that the MCU has really excelled at is taking some of the more ridiculous comic characters (Batroc, Vulture, Mysterio, etc.) and really make them not-so-silly while retaining the core concepts. I don't feel like the Raimi-verse stewards really got that.
Raimi is very much a core 60s/70s era fan and stayed mostly faithful to the Silver Age version of these characters. Banter is often straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon, melodrama that is over the top, characters less as complex people and more stock archetypes, etc. It still mostly works but you’d never see a swerve like Keaton’s Vulture.

Even Venom was, despite his clear disinterest in the character, pretty much beat-for-beat his classic comic origin.

If Raimi did a hypothetical fourth film with Rhino, it would absolutely be a guy stuck in a rhino suit.

Counterpoint...Keaton's Vulture was a fantastic villain in HC.
This is true. However if raimi did it after Spider-Man 2 I wouldn’t nearly be as hyped or cared. I found vulture, mysterio and kraven to be ridiculous. Well mysterio is ok sometimes

If Raimi did a hypothetical fourth film with Rhino, it would absolutely be a guy stuck in a rhino suit.
I'm not opposed to a man in a suit, if done well. The next Rhino we're getting looks to be more of a skin transformation, which might also be okay, but I have a feeling they're going to get the character wrong. He's supposed to be big, strong, and dumb, and I don't think they're going that way. Gonna be interesting to see how Allesandro Nivola's Rhino ends up.

(The ASM2 one was trash.)

Any word from SS on when a pre order could go up?
I wouldn't sweat it because Sideshow knows there's going to be a lot of demand for this I think there's also a limited edition of this of just a thousand pieces (exclusive head?)that'll be like a priority pre-order email sign up thing probably but don't worry if you just get on the wait list you'll probably still get it

I wouldn't sweat it because Sideshow knows there's going to be a lot of demand for this I think there's also a limited edition of this of just a thousand pieces (exclusive head?)that'll be like a priority pre-order email sign up thing probably but don't worry if you just get on the wait list you'll probably still get it
I don't believe this one has a number on it. It will be like the other Sideshow exclusives where you have something like 8 days to preorder to get the extra head sculpt. Like the Wolverine with the Sentinel forearm or the Kenobi Vader with the hologram. Something to that extent, but I could be wrong.

I don't believe this one has a number on it. It will be like the other Sideshow exclusives where you have something like 8 days to preorder to get the extra head sculpt. Like the Wolverine with the Sentinel forearm or the Kenobi Vader with the hologram. Something to that extent, but I could be wrong.
Yeah I only caught a brief part of the description on a youtube video so have no idea. It wont shock me if they try to weasel some m9ney out of us with a FOMO threat.

Thats another reason I've stopped buying sideshow products this year. How bad do they think I want to spend $300+ on a doll? :)

I'm not just wondering if this week is all!

On display at ACGHK and that black gooey shiny texture they got on the suit is perfect! Can't wait for this one.

s48haOc.jpg

QCtEVVb.jpg

Last edited:
Back