1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally getting these vibes from this figure:

IMG_0309.gif

IMG_0310.gif
IMG_0311.gif

🤣

I thought people hated this?

I like how they're able to do the softgoods neck without the seam. Sideshow can't do it, mezco can't do it.

Really like the seamless arm here. They actually gave it some nice muscle definition and arm hair detailing.

LG4Sh41.png
love that too! you'd think SS would've done it with theirs since the arms were fully sculpted but nope!

So this figure is only 980HKD, roughly $125 USD. That means Sideshow should have him for only roughly $150-$175.

I'm liking this HONO brand already. :lol
Whoa! that's nuts! And it comes with more accessories than the sideshow tiger stripe at $245 plus a nice display stand unlike the blank hexagon stand

Man I hope they not only make the other main Xmen characters but also venture into some DC comic figures as well :pray: HT (or HONO) is single handedly going to destroy my customized Sideshow comic figures :LOL:

I wonder in HONO is in direct response to 3rd party figures. HT would have to create an umbrella company as not to start offering “budget” figures under the Hot Toys banner.
Oh it 100% is.

It's also why they didn't want to put this under the "Hot Toys" brand since they probably want to keep that name associated with higher end figures. So just create a new sub team and throw all the cheaper figures on that line to combat the third party companies. Best of both worlds for them. Eliminate competition and slap it on a new team name.

Last edited:
He looks great. About the only other thing I could ask for would be an unmasked head and some more traditional claws. Wonder how 'entry-grade' the price is gonna be.
Personally, I’d love a first appearance headsculpt, unmasked headsculpt and yeah shorter claws. But one can dream.

Oh it 100% is.

It's also why they didn't want to put this under the "Hot Toys" brand since they probably want to keep that name associated with higher end figures. So just create a new sub team and throw all the cheaper figures on that line to combat the third party companies. Best of both worlds for them. Eliminate competition and slap it on a new team name.
Not only eliminating 3rd Party competition, but also kills Sideshow's comic figure line(s) as well. I mean, the Marvel and DC lines were pretty much dead already but this basically puts a nail in the coffin now. This gives me hope for a quality comic Daredevil though. Always disliked the sideshow outside of the fact that the suit was prone to crumbling apart and flaking. Just wasn’t a well executed design nor appropriate body for the character

Last edited:
Mondos fine. They have Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops, Rouge, Sabertooth, Jubilee and Gambit with even more on the way. We'd be lucky to get anything beyond Wolverine but I'd love to be wrong on that.

They have the numbers as their advantage for now. If Howard decides to go all in and maintain the price point, I can see collectors shifting to Hono. Mondo just really needs to lower their absurd retail price.

Not only eliminating 3rd Party competition, but also kills Sideshow's comic figure line(s) as well. I mean, the Xmen and DC lines were pretty much dead already but this basically puts a nail in the coffin now. This gives me hope for a quality comic Daredevil though. Always disliked the sideshow outside of the fact that the suit was prone to crumbling apart and flaking
Yeah I didn't even think about Sideshows X-Men figures. I would kill for a classic comic red Daredevil figure. Wouldn't even mind something like the suit from Zdarsky's recent run. Such a simple design, can be made at a cheap price and fits this "new" teams goal perfectly.

BrxC9Wx.png

Back