1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely a stylized choice. Comes from the few artists that have depicted him with really long claws for this design in the past.

I hope they include alternative normal length ones as well.

AT4FApx.png
phMi2Ul.jpg
vHW6Vvl.png

Keeping my eye on this. I’ve held off on the Sideshow one because it just doesn’t quite scratch the itch. This might.

It’s funny cause we were just talking about this in the Spider-Man thread. Hope this isn’t an exclusive
I know right. Lol I saw the post last night and was like "Thank you Lord for listening to my prayer" 🤣 though I agree I hope it isn't exclusive but it definitely might be a new line.

Well if that doesn’t just TANK the value of the Sideshow one even more, idk what will! :lol I won’t be able to give them away at this point

I would love for them to make the whole team, but knowing HT, it’ll be Wolverine only
My first thought was ‘Great, I’m gonna be stuck with that Sideshow figure forever!’

SooSoo and Present toys are also in the animated X-Men game and both have ambitious lineups. HT will likely give the best quality but will they actually make anyone besides the only X-Men character they’ve ever done?

Hot Toys presents HONŌ STUDIO, a collective of artists from across the toy and entertainment industries worldwide. With the aim of welcoming new collectors and innovating on the most iconic pop culture characters, the HONŌ STUDIO team specializes in high-quality, highly articulated collectible figures with entry-grade pricing and the same meticulous artistry fans have come to know and expect from Hot Toys.

Wonder what they are thinking with the “entry-grade pricing”.

Definitely must be aiming for animated properties more than anything then. Allows them to not do hyper realistic sculpts. Wonder what that means for the quality then. Wouldn't want these figures to end up looking worse than your usual because of it.

Much like @karamazov80 , I’m not feeling the hands based on the one pic we have. If anything, this release will at the very least let me upgrade the body and head on the sideshow tiger stripe version as those are the only two things that really bother me about it. I like the way they did the rest of it.

Maaaaaan, if this extends to DC stuff, I am absolutely ****ed. I already think Spidey might be the first 1/6th scale Spidey from Hot Toys I would buy, but the possibilities are endless. Especially with artist specific interpretations of things. We know how much HT love their variants and, Spidey alone, you can test the waters with this first one, but then? Ditko? Boom. Here ya go. Romita Sr.? Ta da. Bagley? McFarlane? Have at it!

And that’s not even counting alternate looks the characters have had over the years. Logan, alone, you got the ‘92 suit, the brown suit, Patch, Astonishing, the First Appearance stuff. It’s funny that a market so chronically sidelined and under appreciated by HT could be the very thing making them BANK. Especially if they’re budget conscious releases that are competitively priced vs. third parties.

With so much wolverine content coming soon they’d be dumb to make it limited
Definitely agree between the films and games this is going to be my most wanted cause he'll probably be the correct height and having a figure with that style body comparing others is welcoming.

Maaaaaan, if this extends to DC stuff, I am absolutely ****ed. I already think Spidey might be the first 1/6th scale Spidey from Hot Toys I would buy, but the possibilities are endless. Especially with artist specific interpretations of things. We know how much HT love their variants and, Spidey alone, you can test the waters with this first one, but then? Ditko? Boom. Here ya go. Romita Sr.? Ta da. Bagley? McFarlane? Have at it!

And that’s not even counting alternate looks the characters have had over the years. Logan, alone, you got the ‘92 suit, the brown suit, Patch, Astonishing, the First Appearance stuff. It’s funny that a market so chronically sidelined and under appreciated by HT could be the very thing making them BANK. Especially if they’re budget conscious releases that are competitively priced vs. third parties.
The amout of Batman stuff would be off the charts

The amout of Batman stuff would be off the charts
Yeah I would lose it if we started getting comic Batman. Neil Adams, Alex Ross, Jim Lee to name a few I would probably just buy all of them and even his rogues.

Yeah I would lose it if we started getting comic Batman. Neil Adams, Alex Ross, Jim Lee to name a few I would probably just buy all of them and even his rogues.
They could do the entire Alex Ross Justice League line (literally just upscale, mixed media versions of the old DC Direct stuff), make a bajillion dollars, make even more with the armored/Metal Men versions of the main crew from that story, then do it AGAIN and make even more with Kingdom Come.:lol

Looks like not much included but I guess that lines up with the "low entry point" thing they're aiming for. Looks good though. Seamless arms as well?

Back