1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered; but I'm not at all fussed by the rolling soundless delay, I've had a bunch of actually important things come up in the last year that needed money spent on them, so hey :) As one of the "Preorder 4 to 8", as history will come to call our justice-denied group, I'll be not rageposting WHERE TEH DOLLIES on the Hot Toys bookface page or whatever

I know, solidarity, it's not my thing :p

Nah, because Howard's worried by the revolution in 1/6 being delivered by M8, he's just delayed Ripley while they sort out the free 1/6 scale Nostromo they now feel compelled to throw in with the package to make sure it's up to this new standard. That's the real reason, you'll see.

Regardless as to what finally happens with this figure, I believe this thread should be pinned to the top of this section, for posterity and to point to, whenever another figure thread thinks their figure has been ignored by HT. The proverbial "You ain't seen nothing yet" answer.

yep...a light at the end of the tunnel

ripley.jpg

yep...a light at the end of the tunnel

View attachment 362666

A little more news :

I had a live chat with Sideshow yesterday, spoke with a very helpful lady.

She said she also had the Ripley Figure on order and said she was hoping for mid/end September.
Also said my Ripley's would be sent direct from the Hong Kong warehouse as i ordered at the very beginning.

A full refund was offered including the NRD if i wanted to change my mind.
I have two on order, fully paid.

ALIEN

For a new collector or non-collector who is a fan of Ripley and decided to make this one and only purchase this is a horrible first time experience.

Also its very ad that in this “information age” there is absolutely no update coming from the source. I know this is “first world” problems. But first world is based on schedules, expectations, timeline & delivery.

At this point, something had to have happened. Why show it in that coming soon photo, if it wasn't coming soon. Something like 6 other figures not on that photo, have released since. I wonder if there was a massive QC issue that they're rushing to fix. Even for Hot Toys, this time frame is odd.

At this point, something had to have happened. Why show it in that coming soon photo, if it wasn't coming soon. Something like 6 other figures not on that photo, have released since. I wonder if there was a massive QC issue that they're rushing to fix. Even for Hot Toys, this time frame is odd.

She drowned in her cryo-tube.

We would rike to tank the fans fer remaining anticipate fer Riprey doll. Stay tune!

Back