1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

This works :yess: but I don't know if HT plans to do anything more than the ripley's. I mean its not like HT doesn't buy
licenses and then just do 1 or 2 figures from it.
I have a strong felling that we will see the Marines done again. First off there is interview where they talked about doing Ripley, villains from The Dark Knight and the Marines. Well, we Ripley and a new Joker. Second, why not remake them? We are coming up on the 30 year anniversary AND they would sale like crazy because people are asking for them.

Plus, they'd include lots of reusable parts. Yes, each marine has customized bits of their armor, but the a lot of the underlying pieces are the same. So are the weapons and the jumpsuits. Any time HT can reuse molds, that's economy of scale and it lowers their production costs.

I have a strong felling that we will see the Marines done again. First off there is interview where they talked about doing Ripley, villains from The Dark Knight and the Marines. Well, we Ripley and a new Joker. Second, why not remake them? We are coming up on the 30 year anniversary AND they would sale like crazy because people are asking for them.

Wasn't that an April Fools interview you're referring to. As it happens Ripley was made and a rehashed Joker came out but the marines are still up in the air. Having said that, I don't see why they wouldn't revisit the marines.

Wasn't that an April Fools interview you're referring to. As it happens Ripley was made and a rehashed Joker came out but the marines are still up in the air. Having said that, I don't see why they wouldn't revisit the marines.
I've heard it was real and fake, so who knows. They also talked about Days of Future Past and we might get a Wolverine now. Personally, I agree with your line of thinking.

I've heard it was real and fake, so who knows. They also talked about Days of Future Past and we might get a Wolverine now. Personally, I agree with your line of thinking.

They also surprised us a few weeks back with the 'Living Carpet' that was also referenced in the April Fool's post as well. And they really like to release or tease new items around anniversaries. 2014 is the 35th ann. of ALIEN, 2016 is the 30th of ALIENS! The Alex Murphy fig came out of nowhere, so who knows.

They also surprised us a few weeks back with the 'Living Carpet' that was also referenced in the April Fool's post as well. And they really like to release or tease new items around anniversaries. 2014 is the 35th ann. of ALIEN, 2016 is the 30th of ALIENS! The Alex Murphy fig came out of nowhere, so who knows.
Exactly.

I need Hudson and Hicks!!!!!!!!!

I would personally be happy with just a Hicks but if they did a bunch of marines that would just be the icing on the cake. And if they do marines a Bishop and Newt would make this line outstanding.

I'd say the same will happen for Aliens as it did with Alien this year. 30th anniversary tie-ins, a new game, making of books, comics, new figures. The license will b announced as though it were a brand new acquisition next year, with figures shown at SDCC and released in 2016, similar to BTTF to coincide with its anniversary.

I would say give us Hicks, Hudson and Reese when figures were $150. But at $230 I can pass!

I think a few marines would sell very well. Especially with the outstanding detail Hot Toy's would do with the armor. I'd bet Hicks, Hudson and Vasquez would sell just fine. Anyone past that would be only for die hard fans and completionists. I have no idea what the market would be for a Bishop or Newt. But those three marines, I think, would sell pretty well. Will we ever find out? That's what makes this hobby fun. The anticipation of things to come.

I hope that in the future the aliens reproduce in version 2.0 as happened with the predator. Ripley is just the beginning!

I don't get it HT acts like we only want predator 2.0s and that doing an alien 2.0 will be too difficult or something.
C'mon HT get with it already and do some freaking aliens!

I would buy the following:
Ripley obviously, Hudson, Hicks, Vasquez, Alien warrior Blue, Alien Warrior Black, Neut, and Bishop.

hicks-and-apone.jpg
no apone?

Back