1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish HT would redo Aliens Ripley, long over due.

Ripley with the white Nostromo space suit would be awesome though. Such an iconic/intense scene
Would love a 2.0 of the Nostromo suit in general. I've long wanted one in my collection, but would rather not gamble on the 2008 rubber version.

Would love a 2.0 of the Nostromo suit in general. I've long wanted one in my collection, but would rather not gamble on the 2008 rubber version.
I would love a 2.0 version of the Nostromo suit as well, perhaps done in fabric, but I have 3 of the original suits on display and they are in perfect condition. (Thankfully.) They also look fantastic, standing up well against more modern figures.

I would love a 2.0 version of the Nostromo suit as well, perhaps done in fabric, but I have 3 of the original suits on display and they are in perfect condition. (Thankfully.) They also look fantastic, standing up well against more modern figures.
I did some hunting last year, seems like the ones that were taken out of their packaging were in better condition. Those kept MIB had a greater chance of deterioration or even non-rubber bits like the belts flaking.

But then you have to wait for someone with a used figure to list theirs and make sure everything is truly in good condition (some don't consider belt flaking or minor stains to be worth mentioning). Would be nice to avoid the headache.

Same, they would be perfect in fabric just like the Stan Lee spacesuit version. My nostromo suits are in perfect condition to this day. Not sure why hot toys holds the license when they have seem to have no interest in producing figures other than an ego thing.

I wish HT would redo Aliens Ripley, long over due.

Ripley with the white Nostromo space suit would be awesome though. Such an iconic/intense scene
--

Unlikely, but who knows?

HT is too preoccupied with their cash cow (Disney/Marvel).

Now that Disney owns 20th Century Fox (i.e., Alien, Predator, etc.), who knows if Howard Chan have possible options to revisit the Alien & Predator franchise short of new films on those properties coming to fruition and yielding real audience interest and collector demand/want for 1:6 figures again.

Maybe HT will finally get around to doing official 1:6 DIE HARD figures as a surprise instead?

Don't forget the AVATAR sequels coming up and possible we'll see reissues of figures from the first film with design and quality improvements.

Same, they would be perfect in fabric just like the Stan Lee spacesuit version. My nostromo suits are in perfect condition to this day. Not sure why hot toys holds the license when they have seem to have no interest in producing figures other than an ego thing.

That's been one of the most frustrating issues in our hobby. Hot Toys sits on a good license and either releases nothing or possibly worse, releases incomplete sets of figures from the license.

That's been one of the most frustrating issues in our hobby. Hot Toys sits on a good license and either releases nothing or possibly worse, releases incomplete sets of figures from the license.
--

Yep, but hey look at those 1:6 Marvel figures they're making right?

;)

VIOLIN.jpg

I picked up the HT Jake expecting Neytiri to soon follow. When that didn't happen, I got the Sideshow Neytiri statue, which is amazing.

Thankfully, while She is just slightly bigger in scale than Jake, it isn't really noticeable, as she is in a crouching pose. They really do look good together.

Hot toys is not gonna release anything unless its something that appears as a skin in a spiderman game.
You have a mechanic spiderman but keep waiting for a terminator, alien or any other figure that are expensive as hell because everyone wants them and hot toys dont make them (and also dont allow other companies to make them).
Why no one is doing armour kits for the marines?

I'd never buy back the old ones. Having owned them before I remember the unbelievable headache of trying to get the lights working with how temperamental they could be and how much of a pain it was to access the batteries. There was also the matter of the heads barely peaking above the interior rims of the helmets due to the nature of the bulky suits atop the doll bodies.

I'd never buy back the old ones. Having owned them before I remember the unbelievable headache of trying to get the lights working with how temperamental they could be and how much of a pain it was to access the batteries. There was also the matter of the heads barely peaking above the interior rims of the helmets due to the nature of the bulky suits atop the doll bodies.
If I'm being honest, I'd actually prefer a 1/4 statue of the Kane suit. Kind of surprised one doesn't exist yet. The suit is just begging to be done in a larger scale with all its details.

My custom aliens ripley with jacket and jones~

Jacket and cats belongs to ht captain marvel~ jacket repainted with angelus dark brown leather paint
View attachment 545171View attachment 545172
Totally missed the detail about the pocket.
The jacket looks good.
Think the hair maybe sitting a bit high on the sculpt, is that the original hair of the ht's figure transplanted?

IIRC, Chris Chulamanis (1949-2008) of EVA Models designed and produced a number of 1:6 kits and custom figures based on the USCM from ALIENS.

Those kits if found goes for a hefty sum nowadays.

I don't recollect if the following is true, but I remember reading online when HT announced and produced their own USCM figures from ALIENS, Chris "unofficially" provided his designs/specs to them and was compensated. Perhaps, others who knew him personally may know?

His passing was a shock to the hobby community back then.

IIRC, Chris Chulamanis (1949-2008) of EVA Models designed and produced a number of 1:6 kits and custom figures based on the USCM from ALIENS.

Those kits if found goes for a hefty sum nowadays.

I don't recollect if the following is true, but I remember reading online when HT announced and produced their own USCM figures from ALIENS, Chris "unofficially" provided his designs/specs to them and was compensated. Perhaps, others who knew him personally may know?

His passing was a shock to the hobby community back then.
I remember him too. A good guy and a very talented member of the 1/6 figure community.

I was able to get the Alan Shepard Apollo 14 update set for the original Dragon/DML Apollo astronauts, many years ago, when he made it available.

Back