1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have it. The hoses were terrible, prone to breakage, and the figure itself (particularly the sculpt) was lackluster. But other than that it was cool and had presence on the shelf. I also really wish HT would dig in and start re-releasing Aliens figures. My Hicks with a custom, painted sculpt is still one of my top figures despite its age.

Ahh I see, lol I'm not familiar with the earlier figures HT produced. Would love a 2.0 Aliens Ripley :gah:

Man, that power loader :thud:I'd definitely be interested in that!!

The one figure I want more than a 1/6 Queen is the Hot Toys Powerloader Ripley 2.0 they previewed between 2012 and 2015. She was even in the Hot Toys catalogue! We were so close, and there hasn't been any news since.

Marines (2005), Aliens (2007) and Ripley Power Loader (2008) were my very first Hot Toys and I still have them and love them. This was the time Hot toys actually paid attention to parts details yet lacking on the head sculpt quality.
I give them upgrades whenever I have spare time, but will gladly pick up v2.0 if they provide them.

51655415269_de81fe82af_b.jpg

51654741676_f77ca1c18b_b.jpg

51655415339_e2e347d1d3_b.jpg

51654741656_6e280d96a8_b.jpg

Marines (2005), Aliens (2007) and Ripley Power Loader (2008) were my very first Hot Toys and I still have them and love them. This was the time Hot toys actually paid attention to parts details yet lacking on the head sculpt quality.
I give them upgrades whenever I have spare time, but will gladly pick up v2.0 if they provide them.

51655415269_de81fe82af_b.jpg

51654741676_f77ca1c18b_b.jpg

51655415339_e2e347d1d3_b.jpg

51654741656_6e280d96a8_b.jpg

These are all so sic! How have the Phicen bodies held up on your figures?

This website is handy, shows you most of HT releases to date:
https://www.hottoysph.com/checklist/
Yes, great website, I’m always referring to it, only problem is they don’t go back and update details like extra accessories, release date etc they just copy paste the original HT press. The HT website seems to be a little better in that regard.

Aliens Ripley would be my top female choice in either 1/6 or 1/4. Fully equipped with all clothing options from the film and her Pulse-rifle/flame thrower combo. I expect neither. :(

[...]

Much agreed! I'd be happy to see an Aliens Ripley. A 1/4 would be :thud:

Most of them are in good condition because I don't keep them in extreme poses.
They make the body somewhat heavier because of the the metal skeleton and silicon, but I like the weight it adds.
Which body did you use for Ripley? I have the same setup as you minus a phicen :)

I think it was 16A. Ripley custom was done back in 2019. I remember I used some pale medium breast option and had to trim down the breast further..
48780077352_3b8cc3768a_b.jpg

Great looking Ripley custom, kyekye!

I Just recently I decided to update my Ripley figure (for the power-loader) with a Phicen type body, as I had already replaced the original old Hot Toys figure that came with the PL with a loose HT "Alien" Ripley but just didn't like exposed elbow joints.
I picked up the following from Giantoys but haven't done the body swap yet.

"Super Flexible" female seamless body - PLMB2017-S19B (med bust / suntan).

I think it was 16A. Ripley custom was done back in 2019. I remember I used some pale medium breast option and had to trim down the breast further..

Looks great! Again, would love it if HT makes an Aliens Ripley 2.0, but alas..

My custom aliens ripley with jacket and jones~

Jacket and cats belongs to ht captain marvel~ jacket repainted with angelus dark brown leather paint
View attachment 545171View attachment 545172

Nice custom!! I presume that's a custom head sculpt, good likeness. Yeah the Captain Marvel jacket works nicely, and Goose too! :lol Gotta say, if Goose were in either of the Alien movies, they'd be pretty short as Goose would wipe the floor with them :lol

Im actually trying to update my ripley, have the same headsculpt, the 16a is tall enought? The skin tone fits the head? Im also considering another tshirt with different material, any suggestions are wellcome.

I still own the first edition Ripley (two of them, one opened/set up, one still MIB/NRFB) and the first edition Power Loader (opened for the Ripley figure and never assembled the Power Loader).

I'm aware of the quality issues with the Power Loader and know they can be fixed with some work.

Not too keen thus far on the different head sculpts floating out there online.

My ideal 1:6 representation of Ripley is from the first film in the famous (infamous) climax.

DISCLAIMER: The image at best is PG-13. If it's still deemed in appropriate, then delete.

1643666621943.png

Back