1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mars Toys

6 hrs ·

Start looking for something new.
🙇‍♂️
🙇‍♂️
🙇‍♂️

View attachment 543142

An unexpected post from Mars Toys, and maybe Ripley will finally have some company.
Interesting. I've got Ripley, Kane, Dallas, and the Big Chap. If we got decent crew members in their regular outfits I would definitely be interested. Honestly Dallas would be #1 on my list, followed by Ash, but would be hard to pass on anyone if they were done well.

I just wish another company would take a crack at Kane's spacesuit, preferably with fabric if it's a figure.

I just wish another company would take a crack at Kane's spacesuit, preferably with fabric if it's a figure.

I've got the venerable Kane and Dallas figures from Hot Toys (along with a spare, which I planned on customizing a Lambert with it) but would surely welcome a fabric version, as well. It would definitely be pricey, though. Lots of intricate detailing and materials in the suit.

It was this pair of figures that got a buddy of mine hooked on our hobby. He came by, saw my collection and these two in particular and immediately caught the 1/6 figure fever.

I would like both, the Nostromo crew and the USCM, but if they want the biggest seller first, the Marines I would imagine would sell more.

Yeah, I would really like Hot Toys to try a resculpted big chap. If it was sculpted by the same artist who did the little Kotobukiya Big chap I have no doubt it would be a huge success.

I have finally watched Alien and Aliens in back-to-back days for Halloween weekend. Both are masterpieces in their own right; the first was pure sci-fi horror and was riveting. The second was more action packed and the stakes, tension, and terror of the presented plot felt so heavy. I mean, I really felt for the crew as they were killed off when defending the station. For instance, Vasquez and Gorman's death in the corridor was just heart-wrenching. Ripley is a tremendous character, I really liked her arc over the course of the films. She's a self-reliant, steadfast, commanding heroine. Plus I really liked her bond with Newt.

Having said all that, well now I'm interested in this Ellen figure! I'd be happy to add another strong heroine to the collection. Of course, it's a (relatively) older release, long sold out. Ah well, that's the nature of the hobby :lol

Last edited:
I have finally watched Alien and Aliens in back-to-back days for Halloween weekend. Both are masterpieces in their own right; the first was pure sci-fi horror and was riveting. The second was more action packed and the stakes, tension, and terror of the presented plot felt so heavy. I mean, I really felt for the crew as they were killed off when defending the station. For instance, Ferro and Gorman's death in the corridor was just heart-wrenching. Ripley is a tremendous character, I really liked her arc over the course of the films. She's a self-reliant, steadfast, commanding heroine. Plus I really liked her bond with Newt.

Having said all that, well now I'm interested in this Ellen figure! I'd be happy to add another strong heroine to the collection. Of course, it's a (relatively) older release, long sold out. Ah well, that's the nature of the hobby :lol
That was Vasquez with Gorman. Ferro was the dropship pilot and was killed on the dropship shortly after Spunkmeyer got it off-screen.

I have finally watched Alien and Aliens in back-to-back days for Halloween weekend. Both are masterpieces in their own right; the first was pure sci-fi horror and was riveting. The second was more action packed and the stakes, tension, and terror of the presented plot felt so heavy. I mean, I really felt for the crew as they were killed off when defending the station. For instance, Ferro and Gorman's death in the corridor was just heart-wrenching. Ripley is a tremendous character, I really liked her arc over the course of the films. She's a self-reliant, steadfast, commanding heroine. Plus I really liked her bond with Newt.

You should try the videogame Alien: Isolation as well. It's set between the first two movies as you play as Amanda Ripley (Ripley's daughter from Aliens Director's Cut) and it's in canon with the films with most of the cast of the 79 film returning. It's the first game to not be a dumb "Aliens" shooter but instead replicates the slow burn of the 79 film with a single Xenomorph stalking you throughout the game.

I personally lost interest in the Alien franchise for years if not decades but this sleeper game completely reinvigorated my interest, maybe because I love the horror aspects of Alien more than the action. While "Aliens" is a fantastci action flick, It's insane to think think it took a videogame to feel like a true sequel to the original film in tone and spirit.

You should try the videogame Alien: Isolation as well. It's set between the first two movies as you play as Amanda Ripley (Ripley's daughter from Aliens Director's Cut) and it's in canon with the films with most of the cast of the 79 film returning. It's the first game to not be a dumb "Aliens" shooter but instead replicates the slow burn of the 79 film with a single Xenomorph stalking you throughout the game.

I personally lost interest in the Alien franchise for years if not decades but this sleeper game completely reinvigorated my interest, maybe because I love the horror aspects of Alien more than the action. While "Aliens" is a fantastci action flick, It's insane to think think it took a videogame to feel like a true sequel to the original film in tone and spirit.
I literally just downloaded this game tonight for the Switch - on sale👍👍. Hope to play it on the weekend!

Great films with a great heroine.

Now stop there and don't bother with the rest of the supposed "Alien" films... :wink1:

The Ripley figure is fantastic, as far as I'm concerned.
Wise words indeed. The one-two punch of the first 2 films is just perfect. My head cannon is totally fine with the end of Aliens👌
I’ll add that the 2 “making of” books by J.W. Rinzler (RIP) are staggering in their detail and insight.

Back