1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reasons I hate waist grabbers:

-I don't like the idea of the fabric clothes being gripped so tightly
-The plastic stalk splits too easily under the strain of the metal prongs.
-They keep the figure so rigidly upright that you're limited to a museum pose
-if you can't hide the 'arms' they look no more or less ugly than crotch grabbers

Michael J Fox didn't like the crotch grabber going up his figures @ss, so that's why BTTF Marty got a waist grabber.

Hah. Coincidentally my ''on this day'' thing on facebook today that I originally shared 2 years ago was that very Jimmy Kimmel Michael J Fox interview.

I'm not seeing Ripley in the sculpt guys. I think my newest HT has the least likeness. I wonder how KA Kim would have sculpted Ripley

I'm agree with you. I hated the new sculpt until I saw the final product pictures and now I like the figure, but I always loved the second sculpt... I can't understand why they changed it, but there is our RIPLEY... I think it will be the last one. If in the future, they make a better sculpt, I hope I could buy the head to change the older one... :lol

By the way, you can get the "Sigourney likeness" playing with lights... I think it's close to her in this picture...

WEB RET IMG_2099.jpg

I'm making a YouTube video and comparing Ripley to sculpts of the past....there's no question how much of a step down Ripley is. If anything it's time for me to reconsider HT purchases. Ripley cost me $300 Can it needs to be better at another level, not what we receive. It's not bad guys it's just not.....the asking price. At $230 US we should be asking the question how the **** HT did that??? Looks sooo real? NOT....yeah I can/cannot see the likeness

Yes lighting works and brings her out but I don't want to rely on it! I think this is as close to Ripley as I have seen in this sculpt...IMG_0846.jpg

Reasons I hate waist grabbers:

-I don't like the idea of the fabric clothes being gripped so tightly
-The plastic stalk splits too easily under the strain of the metal prongs.
-They keep the figure so rigidly upright that you're limited to a museum pose
-if you can't hide the 'arms' they look no more or less ugly than crotch grabbers

They released an amazing crotch grabber with the BVS Batman. Not even much of a grabber, really. It was a rounded plastic shape (don't get any funny ideas) that the crotch simply rested on.

1933657_10153213305452344_8893139553455404692_o.jpg

Outdated photo, but the stand here is the one I'm referring to. I've seen this on a few other HT figures, but it's not their go-to. Dunno why. I think it's excellent. Small, can fit on any figure, and it doesn't curve up so there's minimal risk of damage to the outfit.

Like a mini bicycle seat, I like that. I wonder if it comes with the SS Batman because I have that coming soon and would like to check it out.

yep it's much better. while still looking a bit funny, at least it doesn't look like some forced leg spreading mechanism from Dark Ages.

I don't know why nobody makes a transparent o translucid plastic piece with magnetic piece at the top. All the figures would have a magnetic piece under clothes and: this is it.

Or better... Magnetic pieces under their feet and magnetic piece over the base. :lol

a magnet base of that size and magnetic force could be dangerous for nearby electronics, i wouldn't risk using it.

Back