1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They released an amazing crotch grabber with the BVS Batman. Not even much of a grabber, really. It was a rounded plastic shape (don't get any funny ideas) that the crotch simply rested on.
Oh god i hated that grabber. It worked but every time i walked into my room (i approach my figures form the side) my BVS Batman looked like he had an erection. Its overly phallic.

:clap Gr8 review.

Thank you. I think after I receive my BW Ghostbusters I might be done with 1/6 for awhile. Ripley is a natural fit for my collection but I feel realism is not present here (the reason we pay so much for these figures). Comparing her head sculpt to others in my review kind of opened my eyes. Many are “masterpieces” works of art….Ripley is not at that caliber. I need to not be blinded and overlook that I am paying $305 for an action figure that is simply………..OK.

Thank you. I think after I receive my BW Ghostbusters I might be done with 1/6 for awhile. Ripley is a natural fit for my collection but I feel realism is not present here (the reason we pay so much for these figures). Comparing her head sculpt to others in my review kind of opened my eyes. Many are “masterpieces” works of art….Ripley is not at that caliber. I need to not be blinded and overlook that I am paying $305 for an action figure that is simply………..OK.

I understand exactly what you mean. I think that for most of us, she was a vital requirement for our "Alien" collections and perhaps we're more acceptable to possibly perceived drop in quality. I agree with you that she's not ground-breaking but still needed, regardless.

I understand exactly what you mean. I think that for most of us, she was a vital requirement for our "Alien" collections and perhaps we're more acceptable to possibly perceived drop in quality. I agree with you that she's not ground-breaking but still needed, regardless.

I agree with all of this.

Ripley is here at last. :)

fullsizeoutput_347.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_34c.jpeg

Please excuse the crudeness of my set up - I know I need to find
something less intrusive to anchor the dollies so they won't fall over.
I'm working on that.

At least she's here! You can't see it, but she's in the center of the shelf.. as she should be. :)

Got her all set up and I think she is amazing. Nice to finally see her at a normal viewing distance. The super close up shots too often reek havoc with many people's opinions.

Anyone else having trouble loosing the strap on the flamethrower? Mine feels like the buckle is going to break when I pull on it.

I had to use a pair of micro needle nose tweezers to loosen mine but it was not bad. I was more worried about breaking the little plastic rings that attach the strap to the flame unit.

Love your pose, Bo Shrek. May have to borrow it.

In the meantime, here's a quick setup. Love the figure. Probably more than it deserves, but damn, it's Ripley! Finally!

Ripley 2.jpg

Back