1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripley turned off the cooling system to initiate the self-destruct, so the Nostromo had a fission/fusion reactor for power. No cooling, big melt down & chain reaction boom.

Pretty much what happened in Aliens - except Vas and Drake turned it off disobeying orders. :lol

i do think that Nostromo's storage was much bigger than Hadley's Hope. the colony didn't have to travel for parsecs. thus the bigger explosion.
all points are still a good answer to the initial question "what they were carrying". fuel

and adios muchachos....

Ripley turned off the cooling system to initiate the self-destruct, so the Nostromo had a fission/fusion reactor for power. No cooling, big melt down & chain reaction boom.

Pretty much what happened in Aliens - except Vas and Drake turned it off disobeying orders. :lol

Did that actually do anything in the end? The impression I got from Bishop was that it was the dropship crash.

After watching a lot of video reviews and seeing pictures I’m still feeling very underwhelmed . I think the sculpt with the rooted hair was the way to go and they made a mistake with this version . Also the lack of any new updates on a ALIEN BIG CHAP 2.0 really makes getting this a lot less thrilling . Heck , we didn’t even get a ALIEN COVENANT Xenomorph to kick start this figure . [emoji35]

After watching a lot of video reviews and seeing pictures I’m still feeling very underwhelmed . I think the sculpt with the rooted hair was the way to go and they made a mistake with this version . Also the lack of any new updates on a ALIEN BIG CHAP 2.0 really makes getting this a lot less thrilling . Heck , we didn’t even get a ALIEN COVENANT Xenomorph to kick start this figure . [emoji35]

Not trying to be annoying here, but I'm kind of getting tired of these constant critics from people who haven't actually seen the figure in person. Having her in hand I can say that she couldn't have been done much better and unless you find the character herself underwhelming I bet you would be happy with her if you actually saw her in person. Just my two cents.
c2f3177591f6cbc763d1722d152e35ee.jpg

Not trying to be annoying here, but I'm kind of getting tired of these constant critics from people who haven't actually seen the figure in person. Having her in hand I can say that she couldn't have been done much better and unless you find the character herself underwhelming I bet you would be happy with her if you actually saw her in person. Just my two cents.

I think she looks as good as she ever has on her long road from prototype to production.

And it seems pretty obvious why HT didn't go the route of rooted hair. It would've been a nightmare to replicate Ripley's hair for mass production, and to ensure that it stayed looking like that through delivery into display.

For me the wait will go on as CDUK still have her down for November. That may be fairly correct since ForbiddenPlanet.com are stating:

The suppliers have confirmed a current ship date to all retailers as 30 October 2017.

Well, at least I paid for her pre-Brexit as the price has gone up quite a bit since.

Back