1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

WE NEED A ACCURATE ALIEN FIGURE ! All of these figure are irrelevant with out it . At least give us a sign that it's being worked on .

I don't know about that. "Mandarin" and Vito Corleone are pretty damn spot on IMO. But yeah, in general I agree. The most I expect is that they capture the real distinctive characteristics and essence of a character, and produce an aesthetically pleasing sculpt in the process.
Another one of theirs that's pretty close to dead on, is their Aldo Raine. That's Pitt to a 'T'.

I don't know about that. "Mandarin" and Vito Corleone are pretty damn spot on IMO. But yeah, in general I agree. The most I expect is that they capture the real distinctive characteristics and essence of a character, and produce an aesthetically pleasing sculpt in the process.

Honestly Mandarin is one of HT's best sculpts and figure- wasted on the character but fantastic anyway!

I'm fine with the new sculpt and rooted hair -- Jonesy not so much.

HT will make good with the Weaver license which means more Sigourneys; A L I E N S, Ghostbusters, etc.

SO should I wait for the Moebius aka "Lucky Star" Ripley with harpoon? Hmmm...

I'm fine with the new sculpt and rooted hair -- Jonesy not so much.

HT will make good with the Weaver license which means more Sigourneys; A L I E N S, Ghostbusters, etc.

SO should I wait for the Moebius aka "Lucky Star" Ripley with harpoon? Hmmm...

If Hot Toys had the license, why the hell would they waste their time with Dana Barrett? :lol

If Hot Toys had the license, why the hell would they waste their time with Dana Barrett? :lol

Because I would buy it, damn you! Don't put these ideas in Howard's mind, Fabio. Dana would be a surefire success on the order of their Iron Man. Sales would be so strong, we would eventually get "first encounter with ghosts" Dana, "leaving rehearsal" Dana, "lounging about to be attacked by terror dogs" Dana, etc.

Point IS, they'll prolly do a "Lucky Star" Ripley, Aliens Ripley, etc. More options. I may want to opt for the "Lucky Star" as that is a cool look and an iconic moment.

Because I would buy it, damn you! Don't put these ideas in Howard's mind, Fabio. Dana would be a surefire success on the order of their Iron Man. Sales would be so strong, we would eventually get "first encounter with ghosts" Dana, "leaving rehearsal" Dana, "lounging about to be attacked by terror dogs" Dana, etc.

I reckon the Alien headsculpt as is would be cool for Dana. Add in the fact we might even see the backdoor bootlegs too, so you could probably throw together a great Dana custom *Just In Case* HT disappoint you by not releasing her.

because I would buy it, damn you! Don't put these ideas in Howard's mind, Fabio. Dana would be a surefire success on the order of their Iron Man. Sales would be so strong, we would eventually get "first encounter with ghosts" Dana, "leaving rehearsal" Dana, "lounging about to be attacked by terror dogs" Dana, etc.

When I was a kid, I actually thought Weaver was Gozer in make up, a wig and prosthetics. :lol

Gozer was sexy.

Dana was not.

I would like a Lucky Star spacesuit to go with my Alien. Don't really care who's head is in there as the visor will be down.... but the grappling gun will be up!

same reason they wasted their time with silk spectre

Gozer was sexy.

Dana was not.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2387-1342464371-17.gif

The more I think about it, the more pessimistic I am becoming about this crappy under-sized Jones...
Sure, there's a chance they will do a re-sculpt and treat him properly, but it seem highly improbable.
1a1JonesyEscape.gif

Well shoot, Hot Toys just revealed the official specs and pics for GOTG's Gamora. Starting to think Ripley may not be far behind.

..& Gamora has rubber arms. :monkey1

Seems they're holding fast with this approach going forward, so I wonder if '79 Ripley gets the rubber arms now - even though her jacket would be covering any exposed joints.

If it is rubber.. I may have to swap out the body, & I don't want to have to ****ing do that!!!! :gah:

Back