1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Has anyone done a custom thor with rooted hair?

$_35.JPG $_35.JPG

mM1-x2CClJPE9jMYO4Dq1Sg.jpg

I don't know who made this but to me this looks kind of right.
it doesn't shine, it has volume and the hair's texture looks like real hair

1554448_10152086964235141_949026208_n.jpg

Hmm the Aragon looks ok. Those thors look terrible, both the sculpt and the hair. The hair is way too flat and too blonde.

yeah Aragon looks pretty good actually, you are totally right.
the face might be off, but the hair looks real

It doesn't look anything like Ferris Bueller.

You can tell it's 2008 Tony Stark/Robert Downey Jr.

For real hair to look real it needs to be punched into the head. Look at a Barbie and compare the hair as it comes out of her head to your own hair. In 1/6th it is likely impossible to replicate the pattern of hair growth and to punch enough hair in a head that size to look convincing. While that Matthew Broderick/Robert Downey head looks pretty good as far as the hairstyle, I would be willing to bet whoever did that spend hours working on it. That kind of thing can't happen on an assembly line. Super straight hair like Black Widow or Baby Doll might look fairly real, any kind of styling wont hold up. You will notice that they have Ripley's bangs laying down on her forehead. That is probably because you can't do a realistic hair line in that scale.

(serious question, how do you deal with dust? where I am I have to clean every freaking day, sometimes twice a day :gah: )
:lol My figures honestly don't get that dusty out in the open. I don't know your living situation, but I live alone and don't have pets which likely makes a big difference. I'll dust my figures and '89 Batmobile off maybe every 3 months or so.

if done well, rooted hair can have its momentum...

View attachment 125501

this is a custom by a fellow member. I find it impressive. And that with plenty of light. Put it in shades and it will be astonishing.

I think both of those look pretty darn good. Certainly more realistic than sculpted hair. Weakest thing of that Luke Skywalker is those dead barbie doll eyes; is that custom as well? Would have looked way more realistic if he'd left the PERS eyes as-is.

Last edited:

Truly amazing and lifelike if it isn't photoshopped:lol

Well, I'm smart enough not to have to settle for a subpar sculpt! And I'm smart enough to wait for some more pictures before we order this thing! Right? a-dev?

Right 3327. Impressive IQ by the way.

Yeah, it does.. but you're also a massive party pooper.

No, it doesn't.

I'm not going to have you defecate over a piece of work I've done. You understand me, boy?

Make the jaw less square and reduce the arch of the eyebrows and you're there.^

I do gotta say that the hair on that sculpt is pretty awesome though.

Over in Neca Alien thread they said Sigourney already approved the HS of their Ripley so surely she has approved this HT one..where's the PO??????????

Over in Neca Alien thread they said Sigourney already approved the HS of their Ripley so surely she has approved this HT one..where's the PO??????????

What does that matter? Star Lord hasn't had it's likeness approved by Chris Pratt yet and the Preorder still went up for him. Die Cast Mark III Iron Man hasn't had it's Tony Stark likeness aprroved by RDJ, yet the Preorder still went up for it!

Ripley will go up when it's ready.

No, it doesn't.

I'm not going to have you defecate over a piece of work I've done. You understand me, boy?
Internet conversations.. :lol

It did look like I was disagreeing with you, but I meant yeah, it does look like RDJ.

Back