1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman - Batman (2.0) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love batfleck and id want the best in the market. i was pushed into modifying my 1.0 to get some resemblance of accuracy in getting rid of the 8 pack. seeing the 2.0 was just disappointing as a huge fan.

first the 1.0 had the 8 packs, the 2.0 has really pronounced abs. i would expect better but ill just hold my thoughts until inart announces or shows theirs off but ill probably go in with low expectations hoping i can be "wowed". the diorama is nice, but the fact they made him even taller than the 1.0 is a little head twisting to me, he didn't need to be bigger, he was already big as in the 1.0.

i don't quite see it as a toy, unfortunately. if i did see it as a toy, i'd think of mezco. i'd rather have a close to accurate representation of a character i love than just a toy. everyone and anyone would benefit if the product was more accurate. no one is winning just because they missed some detail. look at the discussions for tobey spiderman and the positioning of his mask. people either are fine with it/accept it or just outright hate it and want to cancel their order.

DSC_0284a.jpg

Thats understandable, I do get what it means in getting the best representation of a character you love. Baleman is still probably my favorite Batman, but Imo Batfleck has the best looking batman suit!

I agree it is strange they're making some new renditions of figures taller, they also did it with the new Silver Ironman shown there.

I guess you can go with "I'll wait for Inart" version and I think its a good likelihood that Inart will do it better, and hope that one is more accurate and worth the wait for you.

Honestly I love this Batman so much idk how InArt can be better. InArt figures aren’t 100% accurate either. Some things just can’t transfer as 1:6. InArt definitely gonna be more expensive and I think HT is truly reasonably priced. I don’t mind him being huge, in my head Ben’s Batman is huge and previous figures I have are kinda short for my likeness. I plan to get InArt too but based on their latest prototypes I won’t say it will be miles better than Hot Toys. I used to be super picky and it brought me only disappointment, recently I try to enjoy toys as they are and if I’m not satisfied I just pass even if it’s my fav character.

This figure is an inaccurate mess, InArt could **** it up, but if they look at reference for even 10 minutes it'll turn out better than this 2.0 mess.

With InArt at the very least I'm expecting better proportions and better suit material, hopefully even (I know I shouldn't get my hopes up) an accurate belt that takes 5 minutes to mod yourself, but shouldn't have to. All of that is already a better starting point than this overscaled brick.

Honestly I love this Batman so much idk how InArt can be better. InArt figures aren’t 100% accurate either. Some things just can’t transfer as 1:6. InArt definitely gonna be more expensive and I think HT is truly reasonably priced. I don’t mind him being huge, in my head Ben’s Batman is huge and previous figures I have are kinda short for my likeness. I plan to get InArt too but based on their latest prototypes I won’t say it will be miles better than Hot Toys. I used to be super picky and it brought me only disappointment, recently I try to enjoy toys as they are and if I’m not satisfied I just pass even if it’s my fav character.

There's too much money in this hobby to just accept what you're given, I'm after the perfect representation of a character so I don't have to buy a 5.0 5 years down the road, thats why I'm overly critical. I'm patient, I can wait for the next if it means not wasting money on something that is wrong and lazy.

This figure is an inaccurate mess, InArt could **** it up, but if they look at reference for even 10 minutes it'll turn out better than this 2.0 mess.

With InArt at the very least I'm expecting better proportions and better suit material, hopefully even (I know I shouldn't get my hopes up) an accurate belt that takes 5 minutes to mod yourself, but shouldn't have to. All of that is already a better starting point than this overscaled brick.
a material that doesnt flake is a good starter for them. no one knows how that cavill superman they're producing is gonna turn out with peeling, but hoping for the best

a material that doesnt flake is a good starter for them. no one knows how that cavill superman they're producing is gonna turn out with peeling, but hoping for the best

They mentioned the material they used for Cavill wont be prone to flaking, well see but should be fine.

They mentioned the material they used for Cavill wont be prone to flaking, well see but should be fine.
fingers crossed it'd be the same for batfleck but id imagine that's one thing they're gonna try and tackle with how many copies get destroyed because of humidity or just in general some people getting worse copies than others from hot toys

this is why we cant have nice things if everyone just accepts inaccuracies lol

whats the point of spending $350 for something awfully inaccurate. they didn't even bother fixing the pouches on his belt
Because some inaccuracy isn't important to some people. Pretty simple.

Because some inaccuracy isn't important to some people. Pretty simple.

And it's one of the reasons why Hot Toys rested on its laurels and continued to release an inaccurate version after inaccurate version of certain characters because buyers let them get away with it.

If it weren't for a certain competitor focusing on better likeness and accuracy, there wouldn't even be any effort for a 2.0 from Howard.

And it's one of the reasons why Hot Toys rested on its laurels and continued to release an inaccurate version after inaccurate version of certain characters because buyers let them get away with it.

If it weren't for a certain competitor focusing on better likeness and accuracy, there wouldn't even be any effort for a 2.0 from Howard.
I'm not "letting them get away" with anything. They sold a product I was/am content with. And I bought it.

Again, pretty simple.

I'm not "letting them get away" with anything. They sold a product I was/am content with. And I bought it.

Again, pretty simple.
It’s always simpler to be ignorant of details or not care.

It’s fine that your standards are not particularly high regarding accuracy but it’s at least equally reasonable if not more so that others expect details to be faithfully captured in a manner that reflects the high price point and intent of these products- one of which is accuracy.

If accuracy isn’t held in high regard by the market, we’re just buying approximations of characters. When inaccuracies are accepted and not called out, we send the message that approximations and ‘close enough’ is good enough.

Although no one is objectively wrong for being content with an inaccurate figure- we do contribute to perpetuating HT’s laziness/incompetence when we buy up whatever they put out without batting an eyelid.

It’s always simpler to be ignorant of details or not care.

It’s fine that your standards are not particularly high regarding accuracy but it’s at least equally reasonable if not more so that others expect details to be faithfully captured in a manner that reflects the high price point and intent of these products- one of which is accuracy.

If accuracy isn’t held in high regard by the market, we’re just buying approximations of characters. When inaccuracies are accepted and not called out, we send the message that approximations and ‘close enough’ is good enough.

Although no one is objectively wrong for being content with an inaccurate figure- we do contribute to perpetuating HT’s laziness/incompetence when we buy up whatever they put out without batting an eyelid.
You say this as if there's a 1/6 scale figure in existence that is 100%, down to the smallest detail, completely accurate.

So do tell. What figure would that be, exactly?

It's OK to want accurate figures. It's OK to accept some inaccuracy as well. But to suggest that me buying something I like is to blame for future inaccuracies is absurd.

If someone likes a figure better because it is less screen accurate, is that wrong?
That is my situation with the Hot Toys Batman 2.0.
I like that the neck is thinner (even though it is not screen accurate) because it gives me of a more comic vibe.
I am also amazed at how great the Ben sculpt is and it would be hard for anyone to top it.

The only thing that has kept me from ordering this so far is the height. I have the InArt Superman on preorder and would hate to have this Batman tower over InArt’s Superman.

its simple. standards are different. some people just have higher standards than others.

like chopper said, there are a lot of people who accept figures for what they are because they either don't care or don't know about certain details. @Nick D it took me a while but nick pointed out the clips on the belt for the TDK and TDKR batman that weren't present on hot toy's figures at all besides the TDK armory set. if people are constantly complacent with inaccuracies (granted, scale restrictions are valid but it's not valid when they clearly show they could do it within this scale and decide to not reuse it for following figures like dx19 and TDKR armory when they've shown to reuse pretty much 90% of previous figures. the awful gloves are still being reused only until recently they decided to announce TDKR armory)

people universally call the dx19 a great figure while i think it's piss poor and mostly made up of reuses that arent even good. i don't get how people don't want to have accurate figures. people should be getting on hot toy's ass just like they did for that awful mk 50 tony stark head sculpt until they decided to change it.

look at what's happening to tobey's NWH mask rn that hot toys put out.

if no one bothers to critique them for their figure's inaccuracies. they'll just accept and continue to push out dirt for people who'll just gobble it all up without question. not everyone likes dirt. everyone can benefit from upgrades. hot toys is no exception. inart, jnd, every company in 1/6 deserves to get a firm hand time and time again to be reminded certain collectors know far more than the people they hire to research a character.

But it is nice!! at least to me it is and alot of others think so too, I feel ppl will complain no matter what as nothing is perfect.

$350 isn't exactly going to break the bank
, I think what you get overall is great value if its deluxe. I say enjoy the little things in life and not worry about how abs look on a toy.

Worst post of 2024 so far.

Back