1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Within seconds of opening and the hand snaps off. Do you think they bothered to include spare connectors? Uppercase WTF Hot Toys?!

hands1.jpg

hands2.jpg

Within seconds of opening and the hand snaps off. Do you think they bothered to include spare connectors? Uppercase WTF Hot Toys?!
one more proof that HT loathes making aliens and predators.

just checked the A1 figure. it has details on fingers and palms. WTF is this? reminds me of old predator feet - the ones without sandals - which looked like zombie rotten flesh.
(and it was successfully copied to new ones)

damn that's bad of them to not include spare pegs.....I thought that was SOP now....

Don't know much about Hot Toys pegs but these are different from the ones I got with my spacetrooper. The smaller spacetrooper peg is working for now but I'll have to build one pin up some how because it is too small for the alien. I wrote them and they sent the standard reply - if you got it from one of our distributors, contact them, not us.

Thanks. I didn't care for the steel color they used. I mixed blue with white and tan for the gums and tongue. Still have to touch up some areas gloss. I also did those chin circles. Contemplating doing the nails next.

If anyone's interested there are some great chrome metallic model paints out these days. Perfect for small areas such as Alien teeth. :)

Mine arrived from Sideshow yesterday. Excuse the crappy Instagram photo, and please ignore the wires and dust on my desk :p Took this photo just after taking it out of the box. The right hand wasn't as pushed in as it should have been in this pic ... It snaps in much more neatly than that. I based the pose on a rad pose from a rad poster earlier in this thread (just checked - that rad poster was Xenowolf!).

I love it! It's big and bad-arse. I love the Aliens films as much as anyone in my generation, but I am not a deep enough fan that I would notice any inaccuracies in the sculpt. My inner twelve-year-old, recalling the thrill of watching 'Aliens' for the very first time, is VERY happy.

I can see, though, why people would not buy two. This is not for building up an Alien army. They would all just be standing there like Stormtroopers, and it wouldn't look right. But as one fig, alone? An example of its kind? Gosh. It's great. Lovely an menacing. It will stand out in my modest collection for sure. But it is a fearsome standing alien, not a crawling or leaping or climbing alien. This kind of posing would suit Big Chap quite nicely, actually, but we see a lot more agility in 'Aliens'.

Still, as an average Joe I have no real issues. Very content. The Tenth Doctor is less happy about what he's seeing where he's landed ...

Is his suit made out of rubber or some kind of flexible plastic? Or is the only rubber part on this figure on his mouth?

Is his suit made out of rubber or some kind of flexible plastic? Or is the only rubber part on this figure on his mouth?

I'm sure someone other than me can answer much better, but ...

Yeah the suit is mostly a hard ... something. Some kind of plastic :p The stuff around the jaw is a soft rubber that feels much more delicate. The tail feels a bit more rubbery but might still be the same as the suit? As far as I understand, overall it is a harder material than they used for the last version, and is expected to last longer. The harder suit limits movement a bit, though, but that's the trade-off.

Mine arrived from Sideshow yesterday. Excuse the crappy Instagram photo, and please ignore the wires and dust on my desk :p Took this photo just after taking it out of the box. The right hand wasn't as pushed in as it should have been in this pic ... It snaps in much more neatly than that. I based the pose on a rad pose from a rad poster earlier in this thread (just checked - that rad poster was Xenowolf!).

I love it! It's big and bad-arse. I love the Aliens films as much as anyone in my generation, but I am not a deep enough fan that I would notice any inaccuracies in the sculpt. My inner twelve-year-old, recalling the thrill of watching 'Aliens' for the very first time, is VERY happy.

I can see, though, why people would not buy two. This is not for building up an Alien army. They would all just be standing there like Stormtroopers, and it wouldn't look right. But as one fig, alone? An example of its kind? Gosh. It's great. Lovely an menacing. It will stand out in my modest collection for sure. But it is a fearsome standing alien, not a crawling or leaping or climbing alien. This kind of posing would suit Big Chap quite nicely, actually, but we see a lot more agility in 'Aliens'.

Still, as an average Joe I have no real issues. Very content. The Tenth Doctor is less happy about what he's seeing where he's landed ...

Thanks jimminy :hi5: and nice job on the pose :clap I feel the same way about this it works and fills the void for a good detailed alien warrior in the collection but as is, nobody is really gonna buy multiples due to the lack of articulation :slap

The suit seems to be made of a rigid vinyl that seems like it will last, the only rubber is on the tendons that allow the mouth to open and the only worry of damage seems to be from a long term open mouth pose.

You can see how Hot Toys really shot itself in the foot there.

Definitely, they could fix this by releasing a crawling pose variant that will only pull off the crawling pose tho. Also nice custom work there clutch :clap and I just got my 1/6 facehuggers from eBay this morning ($9.99 each shipped and well worth it I think).....

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The suit seems to be made of a rigid vinyl that seems like it will last, the only rubber is on the tendons that allow the mouth to open and the only worry of damage seems to be from a long term open mouth pose.

Nice, thanks. So I can pose it with bent arms without worrying to much.

Picked this up today together with Elder predator. I had luck because it was the last one in stock.

got it today. well... if it was made 5 years ago (when i looked for an 1/6 alien from A2 and before i got HT A1), i'd be happy. today it looks cheap.

fingers don't even bend like on A1 (it had wire inside, i think). no way to change them into a better position. well, at least i have an option to hang palms down, like raptors in movies. it will add good vibe.

1918754lk6vsyivew5jax_k8cm_lhwlqqw9mdxznaro8wvatuwhdtonkgv7fcxrh_nos7ekrmnldciudv5ex5nv_lq.jpg

alienoutfit.jpg

alienssuit.jpg

Stan-Winston-1.jpg

aliensheropuppet.jpg

Last edited:
The limited pose was what stopped me from buying.....maybe down the line ....if a good deal comes along...

Back