1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is shipped, so stores got him. but nobody on ebay sells his pegs, and that sucks :(

Mmmmm damn, another piece to be conflicted on. The sculpt and paint are incredible and it'll really sting to have to pass, but I just can't be happy with a pin straight pt. warrior.

I actually picked up 2 of these from my local guy on Saturday and didn't get to open them. I feel bad but it looks like I'll be returning them

Well, I did it as bad as it pained me. Sucks because I was extra pumped when this was first announced as this is way overdue, but after all these years they took a big step forward in appearance and a major step backwards in articulation. I just couldn't invest this kind of money in a couple of these if they can't even remotely crouch.

I wonder why they choose this restrictive suit?? Do they think it makes it appear higher end and less like a "toy"? I think they could've used this material for the body and stuck to the old approach for the arms and legs, and they would've delivered a piece that both looks great and functions well.

Now I'm wondering if the assumed Big Chap 2.0 will be a step forward or backwards

Is there a 'skeleton' or figure under the 'suit'? Could you cut the vinyl pieces off, put a black spandex suit on the body, replace the pieces?

Well, I did it as bad as it pained me. Sucks because I was extra pumped when this was first announced as this is way overdue, but after all these years they took a big step forward in appearance and a major step backwards in articulation. I just couldn't invest this kind of money in a couple of these if they can't even remotely crouch.

I wonder why they choose this restrictive suit?? Do they think it makes it appear higher end and less like a "toy"? I think they could've used this material for the body and stuck to the old approach for the arms and legs, and they would've delivered a piece that both looks great and functions well.

Now I'm wondering if the assumed Big Chap 2.0 will be a step forward or backwards

I think you did the right thing. There seems especially no point in having 2 when you can't even set them apart by having 2 different poses.

Seems this is just how Hot Toys feels they need to make an Alien for it to seem high end. ''Reel-Feel'' materials that, at best, restrict movement to a stupid degree and at worst may crack, tear and have their paint flaking off.

Is there a 'skeleton' or figure under the 'suit'? Could you cut the vinyl pieces off, put a black spandex suit on the body, replace the pieces?

interesting idea. I wonder if anyone who has one would be so bold as to try!

It's not a TT body, but not a skeketon either. Seems totally custom, the chest connects to the lower abdomen section by a ball joint (rather like a neck post style but bigger) and the legs are actually on pretty standard hip joints.

After watching xenomorph review looks to me that its as articulated as the big chap.
Was ok with it but now i wonder if i shouldnt wait fir the big chap 2.0...

I think you did the right thing. There seems especially no point in having 2 when you can't even set them apart by having 2 different poses.

Seems this is just how Hot Toys feels they need to make an Alien for it to seem high end. ''Reel-Feel'' materials that, at best, restrict movement to a stupid degree and at worst may crack, tear and have their paint flaking off.

I agree and that why I had to bail. I just hate when the right thing feels so wrong

I agree and that why I had to bail. I just hate when the right thing feels so wrong

It was wrong and you will regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. :lol Mine should be here tomorrow :yess: I will try and post pics and maybe ruin it so it will articulate if I get time(I have family in town so not sure)

I bought 2 of these, but only opened one. After opening the first one and seeing how limited the posing options are, I don't know that I'll ever open the other. Why does HT insist on prioritizing aesthetics over poseability?

High end look for high end collectibles?

IMO it's an understandable prioritisation. I wish it didn't have to be the case, and that they'd work a way around it, but it doesn't seem like they will any time soon. :(

The thing is the Alien design lends itself to having 'exposed' joints, our brains can easily forgive them. The only other reason I can think of that Hot Toys might have gone this route is the joints on the old figures went ragdoll. In some cases the feet just wouldn't stay on.

The thing is the Alien design lends itself to having 'exposed' joints, our brains can easily forgive them. The only other reason I can think of that Hot Toys might have gone this route is the joints on the old figures went ragdoll. In some cases the feet just wouldn't stay on.

I can see that happening. Sometimes you can have too much articulation that the figure or doll won't be able to even stand straight up on its own weight.

I am still undecided if I will get one of these. And I won't be wanting to put him in a crazy pose either if I do. If I am spending such a high amount of money on on item I am not gonna put him in a pose that might break him if he topples off the shelf.

I can see that happening. Sometimes you can have too much articulation that the figure or doll won't be able to even stand straight up on its own weight.
superheavy ssang predaturds standing without stands freely? superheavy semi-metal robocop? no?
that's all crap about "too much articulation". it's just too small brains in heads of HT A/P designers.

I don't know what everybody is talking about with ****** articulation on this figure, I got him into a perfect lifelike crawling pose!.........

image.jpg

:lol Ya his articulation sucks, but I actually like the figure a lot in spite of this. I didn't have as much room as I thought under the hutch of my desk and I think it would look a little cluttered if I modify him to look like he is crawling, so I'm gonna hold off on that for now, I will definitely post pics if I end up doing it tho. Here are a few more shots of a couple quick poses, I think you can still pull off some good looking poses with this figure, limited as it is.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Back