1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He actually looks really good with Scar there! Nicely done!

Thanks Man, I have a couple 1/6 facehuggers on order that I'm gonna have scurrying up the walls and another egg hiding in a box somewhere that I need to put out, but I definitely like them together. This version of the alien has always been my favorite of all the films, so after arguing with myself for awhile about poor articulation, I decided I had to have him, and I'm glad I got him.

I'm with you on that. Though I do like the Dog alien too, can get some great poses out of him (if he doesn't fall apart...).
I have 3 marines that are WIP and a Classic Pred (P1'd and) the City Hunter 2 and a whole bunch of aliens that I plan to make some kind of scene with (or maybe a few separate ones. Undecided) but you have definitely put Scar as a possibility now too. He's a lead movie predator so he still fits with the others!

The dog alien is a very cool design, as for the falling apart issue I think that is one improvement that they have made on the 2.0 figure, and I never had the originals(almost but never pulled the trigger) but from pictures and word of mouth they had a very brittle rubber skin that would attract dust and crack and fall apart over time. This new suit doesn't seem like it would do that at all, it definitely feels like some kind of tough finished vinyl that will stand the test of time. I love dioramas so definitely post pics if you make one out of all those figures, and the space marines are awesome, if they rerelease them my wallet will cry! Oh and scar is a great figure, I had all the new Avp preds but space became an issue so I sold all except scar(which I regret). I would love to have a custom cabinet made and do a huge dio scene some day. But until then, I am very happy with scar and the alien warrior for my 1/6 alien/pred representation, until wolf 2.0 and the alien queen come out :pray:

Here's a couple more pics, I'm really loving this figure!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry about all the glare and my poor photo skills, I wish the pics came across as good as it looks in person.

I think it looks good, thanks for posting. He didn't come with that egg did he? IIRC he doesn't which kinda sux....

I think it looks good, thanks for posting. He didn't come with that egg did he? IIRC he doesn't which kinda sux....

No problem, and no he didn't come with the egg, he comes with no accessories at all except two acid blood splatters that can be attached on him :cuckoo: The eggs were custom made by a guy on eBay, I got a five pack of opened and closed versions awhile back, they are resin I think and nicely detailed.

Looking good! It is a great figure.
And yeah if there was a queen, wolf 2.0 and Ripley/power loader 2.0 I would be all over them.
Would have to sell a kidney but still.

Thanks, and I would be right there with you selling a kidney, with how expensive this hobby is I wish I didn't like this **** so much :lol

Some good poses there xenowolf, nice menace in them. I think some of you guys might be being a little unrealistic in your expectations as to posability. :)

Some good poses there xenowolf, nice menace in them. I think some of you guys might be being a little unrealistic in your expectations as to posability. :)

Thanks Mr walker, and I agree after some hands on time with the figure, in order to make the body seamless and accurate and not deteriorate over time, I think they had to go this way. What I think they could have done better and others have said it already is to make the arms be able to lift higher. I'll tell you what would make everybody really happy tho and would be easy to do, is to make a second crawling version where it will only get into the crawling pose. Easy double dip hot toys, and I'd be in for at least one!

Great pics, Xenowolf! I finally put my order in for this guy the other day after getting a $20 coupon from Sideshow, so mine should be here by the end of the week. As soon as he was announced I planned on getting him, but all the negativity about the lack of articulation was bumming me out, and made me question the purchase. Your pictures have made me excited for him again! I will be displaying mine alongside my "enhanced P1" Classic Predator. Can't wait.

:rotfl
Drop and give me 20!

:lol ......pictures queen drill sergeant yelling over him.....

Great pics, Xenowolf! I finally put my order in for this guy the other day after getting a $20 coupon from Sideshow, so mine should be here by the end of the week. As soon as he was announced I planned on getting him, but all the negativity about the lack of articulation was bumming me out, and made me question the purchase. Your pictures have made me excited for him again! I will be displaying mine alongside my "enhanced P1" Classic Predator. Can't wait.

Thanks :hi5: I think you will like him if you don't mind the poor articulation around the hips and upper shoulders, I like mine a lot, I think the trick is to really flex the legs as far as they will go and get a good hunch in the back, the midsection is actually articulated pretty well. Hope you like it, he should look great next to p1/Classic.

Very cool pic's. I so hope for the Queen and more alien release's.

Thanks :hi5: A purpose built crawling alien would be an awesome release and the queen would be amazing, I would have to buy a new cabinet to build a diorama around her........one can dream :thud:

The eggs were custom made by a guy on eBay, I got a five pack of opened and closed versions awhile back, they are resin I think and nicely detailed.
those are nice eggs, and you have many of them... lucky you :)
i only have those opening eggs (with little aliens/marines inside) which (i guess) were used as base sculpt for these. they are too green, though convenient for keeping small details inside.

IMG_3026_1.jpg

I traded in some things I had won and ended up getting this for $0. Definitely a great figure and getting a look at the actual rubber suit over the body I can see why it was priced the way it was. The detail and paint job on this figure is phenomenal. Definitely spend way too much time looking at it the last few days.

those are nice eggs, and you have many of them... lucky you :)
i only have those opening eggs (with little aliens/marines inside) which (i guess) were used as base sculpt for these. they are too green, though convenient for keeping small details inside.

Thanks P., I looked at my eBay account to see if I could post a link to who I got the eggs from but it only went back a couple of years and I couldn't find who sold it to me. If I remember right it was only like $80 for five eggs plus shipping, so keep an eye out on eBay for more to show up, definitely worth it for me.

I traded in some things I had won and ended up getting this for $0. Definitely a great figure and getting a look at the actual rubber suit over the body I can see why it was priced the way it was. The detail and paint job on this figure is phenomenal. Definitely spend way too much time looking at it the last few days.

That's awesome, and I like your pose :hi5:

View attachment 283116

Looks bada$$! Mine's coming tomorrow.

Back