1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT needs to ease er down with the pricing on their new figs

there's nothing about this that justifies the $240 price tag

Nothing except the market. Relatively "basic" figures now start at $235. Elaborate ones go much much higher. Despite the lack of accessories, the size of the thing is enough that the price point is exactly where I expected it. Sure I 'hoped' for less, but based on what everything else costs I am not at all surprised.

HT needs to ease er down with the pricing on their new figs

there's nothing about this that justifies the $240 price tag

It feels like Hot Toys and Sideshow are charging the absolute maximum the market will bear for 1/6 scale figures these days. I wonder how long it will take before the market collapses. They can't just keep pushing the prices higher with each release without reaching a breaking point. The 1986 alien warrior design is my favorite, and even I have to pass on this. As much as I like the look of this figure, $250 USD is just too much, man. :(

it seems like with the recent addition of the die cast line people are willing to pay more for the regular figs cause they seem like a deal by comparison

"At least it's not $350!"

before the die cast line came out I would have never dreamed of paying $300+ for a 1/6th scale fig but of course I had to have the mk 43 and now have the mk 45 and war machine mk 3 on pre order

ugh...

i finally see why paint looks so plain and dull.
it doesn't have all those numerous white stripes on every detail that is higher than main surface, giving it a death/skeleton impression.

Alienpuppet.jpg

aliensheropuppettallymebanana.jpg

But this is not how they appear on film. The high lights are exaggerated not to loose them in the dark. I think that HT should go for how they appear in the movie and not how the props look with a flash. As they have done.
1f46ad526bcf3dd7ac9ca8df1b93e3de.jpg
7310c0d802e73450028374a7e66f9527.jpg

Last edited:
Me too. Ordered it and cancelled my 1/4 NECA actually (Don't need 2 "blue" giant things... If/when Neca does the brown one I'll get that one).

Do not know if will buy. Do not know if will not buy either. I say one thing and then I go do the opposite, I don't...I don't understand myself anymore.

I've got in on pre-order, but we'll see. NECA's won't fit in my detolf, and I was really unimpressed with their 1/4 City Hunter. I love the sculpt, but I fear it's just going to be another huge, unstable and heavy piece of cheap plastic...

Do not know if will buy. Do not know if will not buy either. I say one thing and then I go do the opposite, I don't...I don't understand myself anymore.

I understand your frustration lol Like I mentioned before here I preordered one over at bbts and that's fine with me. I can afford one ATM and if I'm not happy with it I am sure I can offload it with minimum fuss within two years, thanks in part to all the Alien fanfare that's going to be happening.

I've got in on pre-order, but we'll see. NECA's won't fit in my detolf, and I was really unimpressed with their 1/4 City Hunter. I love the sculpt, but I fear it's just going to be another huge, unstable and heavy piece of cheap plastic...

If you wanted to buy one for just say a corner statue like idea and not really move or pose it, would you recommend it still ?

I hate the idea of this thing having rubber, i hate the whole combination of HT+Rubber in general. I can't say no to this though as i have been waiting yrs for them to revisit the line. Just have to hope they don't go ED209 rubber on this guy.

Back