1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Sucks for you guys...it really does.

Going forward, I personally will never chance a pre-order with BBTS. I'd rather spend the extra with SS and sleep well for the next 12 months knowing I'll definitely be getting my figure.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Wow Im stunned. I wonder what that mean for other sites like popcultcha who haven't shipped yet? What is the explanation for the cancel ? How could they not know how many products they were receiving?

And its really F'd up that they would fulfill orders taken after the pre-order yet cancel earlier orders :monkey4

Yea, got mine canceled on BBTS too

I’m going to try and call them today because I would like an explanation myself. I did call them about two weeks ago to find out why it hadn’t shipped and if they had any idea. I was explain to me that the way their orders work is Sideshow agrees to give them an amount of figures. Bbts then assumes they are going to get this amount of figures and in this case sideshow did not send them their full order. They did not cancel the preorder sooner as they had not heard back and still assumed they were going to get the rest of their order in later shipment. I’m going to call them because I would like an exclamation why my day one pre-order wasn’t for filled but other people’s later pre-orders were.

So I just got off the phone with them and found out the reason. Apparently if you do cancel pre-orders from them you no longer become first come first serve you become the last on your list to get anything. Because of this if you have canceled anything in the past and have at least a 70% rate then you get kicked to the back of the line. I did run into about three years ago where I had about eight items on pre-order and had to cancel them (changed jobs and needed other things more than toys) as well as where I’ve honestly accidentally hit order on the old system and had to cancel it immediately because I didn’t mean to. I understand if they do this because they want to discourage people that cancel stuff a lot because they feel those people are not going to keep the order anyways. Kind of stinks for those of us that had every intent to keep their order on this go-round that it got canceled. I was also told this is why they are slowly introducing more down payments on their pre-orders. Ironically enough the only thing I’ve ever canceled with them that they didn’t immediately sell out was Ultron which I later purchased. O well. From now on I know if there is something I have every intent to keep to pre-order somewhere else. I can also kind of see where it could be considered partially my fault for having to cancel stuff in the past. I did however learn my lesson in the past to not pre-order a bunch of stuff and just pre-order what I am for sure going to get.

Very sorry to hear :( Did anyone have their deluxe fulfilled from them?

I no longer order from them so this is just another reason to the list. They are usually the last to receive 1/6 figures and then add another 2 weeks to arrive to me. Not related to 1/6 but I preordered 2 cases of a funko pop figure from them and it was obvious they repackaged the cases with all beat up boxes. All part of their collector grade bs. Good riddance.

I’m going to try and call them today because I would like an explanation myself. I did call them about two weeks ago to find out why it hadn’t shipped and if they had any idea. I was explain to me that the way their orders work is Sideshow agrees to give them an amount of figures. Bbts then assumes they are going to get this amount of figures and in this case sideshow did not send them their full order. They did not cancel the preorder sooner as they had not heard back and still assumed they were going to get the rest of their order in later shipment. I’m going to call them because I would like an exclamation why my day one pre-order wasn’t for filled but other people’s later pre-orders were.

So I just got off the phone with them and found out the reason. Apparently if you do cancel pre-orders from them you no longer become first come first serve you become the last on your list to get anything. Because of this if you have canceled anything in the past and have at least a 70% rate then you get kicked to the back of the line. I did run into about three years ago where I had about eight items on pre-order and had to cancel them (changed jobs and needed other things more than toys) as well as where I’ve honestly accidentally hit order on the old system and had to cancel it immediately because I didn’t mean to. I understand if they do this because they want to discourage people that cancel stuff a lot because they feel those people are not going to keep the order anyways. Kind of stinks for those of us that had every intent to keep their order on this go-round that it got canceled. I was also told this is why they are slowly introducing more down payments on their pre-orders. Ironically enough the only thing I’ve ever canceled with them that they didn’t immediately sell out was Ultron which I later purchased. O well. From now on I know if there is something I have every intent to keep to pre-order somewhere else. I can also kind of see where it could be considered partially my fault for having to cancel stuff in the past. I did however learn my lesson in the past to not pre-order a bunch of stuff and just pre-order what I am for sure going to get.

That’s a pretty lame excuse imo regarding the cancelling. Adding in an NRD doesn’t solve anything either.

Sorry to those affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is really crappy. I have canceled a ton of stuff with them of the years. Most definitely moving my current pre-orders over to other places. They should at least make a note on your account to notify that you are on probation or something.

Lame excuse. How does introducing more NRD help if they themselves are cancelling. So now you pay a deposit and STILL aren't guaranteed your order because of their poor inventory management :slap

Wow that is really crappy. I have canceled a ton of stuff with them of the years. Most definitely moving my current pre-orders over to other places. They should at least make a note on your account to notify that you are on probation or something.

I totally agree with this. They don’t even let you know that this is a thing until you call them and then they call you out on it. I was told “sir you’re at a 71% so if you allow just one more of your pre-orders come through you’ll be fine for future pre-orders to stay in a first come first serve basis. While I do understand the thought process it is also kind of crappy that they punish you for using their system in the way they allow. And the fact that a lot of these figures you have to pre-order a year in advance within a year a character you may want more may come out and you can only get one. I had no idea that you would be punished for doing so. I’ve been purchasing from them since about 2002 when they first opened I’ll continue to purchase from them but will be a little more cautious with figures that I really want from hot toys. Also I’m kind of blown away that it doesn’t matter how much stuff you buy from them that is not pre-order just based off of pre-order cancellations. I even told the guy I’ve just spent about 500 some dollars in the last month to which you replied yes I can see the three credits we gave you from purchasing our sale items. Almost making me feel like he was talking down to me because of the fact that I was buying from their sale items. So in short it doesn’t matter how much of a loyal customer you are it only matters if you have second child thoughts and cancel preorders.

If they don't want cancellations, they should charge an NRD... simple. NOT punish people by keeping a secret naughty list. That's the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard.

Anyway, because of their recent delayed service -- and because I had to wait 3 months for my DX Sparrow to ship -- I cancelled about 5 PO's with them last month so I must be in the naughty column by now. Good to know -- now I can cancel the remaining.

I have absolutely zero trust with them right now. And it didn't start recently -- I had an unusually bad CS experience with them about a year ago that really soured me on them. They've been going downhill ever since.

Ironically, the last figure I got from them was Yondu (reg) which came relatively on time several months ago.

Last edited:

I totally agree with this. They don’t even let you know that this is a thing until you call them and then they call you out on it. I was told “sir you’re at a 71% so if you allow just one more of your pre-orders come through you’ll be fine for future pre-orders to stay in a first come first serve basis. While I do understand the thought process it is also kind of crappy that they punish you for using their system in the way they allow. And the fact that a lot of these figures you have to pre-order a year in advance within a year a character you may want more may come out and you can only get one. I had no idea that you would be punished for doing so. I’ve been purchasing from them since about 2002 when they first opened I’ll continue to purchase from them but will be a little more cautious with figures that I really want from hot toys. Also I’m kind of blown away that it doesn’t matter how much stuff you buy from them that is not pre-order just based off of pre-order cancellations. I even told the guy I’ve just spent about 500 some dollars in the last month to which you replied yes I can see the three credits we gave you from purchasing our sale items. Almost making me feel like he was talking down to me because of the fact that I was buying from their sale items. So in short it doesn’t matter how much of a loyal customer you are it only matters if you have second child thoughts and cancel preorders.

Sorry to hear you got your order cancelled. Can you explain the 70% cutoff? Originally, I thought it meant you had to go through with at least 70% of all pre-orders (e.g. cancel no more than 30% of pre-orders). However, you stated above that you were at 71%, but needed one more pre-order to come through.

Is it the other way around - you must fulfill 30% of pre-orders and can cancel up to 70%?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m guessing 70% cancellation rate, as in if you cancel more than 2/3rds of your preorders you get moved to the back of the line. Is that correct? Maybe someone who had their Yondu cancelled can chime in and let us know if that sounds right. And absolutely no judging from me on people who routinely cancel stuff, you do you. I’d also love to know if this policy counts across ALL items? Like what if you preordered three $20 figures and one $250 HT figure, and cancelled the three cheap ones in order to afford the HT when I came in. That would put you at 75% cancellation rate?

I think there had been speculation before about them keeping track of your cancellations, but now we have proof. What a crock. Just explicitly state what the damn policy is then so we all know it. I will continue to preorder from BBTS but will definitely be more judicious as well, especially for stuff like Mezco that I’ve learned don’t usually sell out quickly anyway.

Now to log into my account and go back through my canceled orders with a calculator!

You have to keep at least 30% of your pre-orders. It was explained me they keep it as such a high rate to only punish those who cancel a lot of stuff. As they have people with 90% cancellation rates. Yes it is above all pre-orders so you are correct if you have four items pre-ordered that are cheap and cancel them you get moved to the back of the line for your more expensive item. It definitely makes me very more cautious about pre-ordering stuff on a whim with the thought of if something comes out more I will just cancel it as now I know it can cost me from being able to get stuff. So while I will still use them I will definitely not be using them as much.

You have to keep at least 30% of your pre-orders. It was explained me they keep it as such a high rate to only punish those who cancel a lot of stuff. As they have people with 90% cancellation rates. Yes it is above all pre-orders so you are correct if you have four items pre-ordered that are cheap and cancel them you get moved to the back of the line for your more expensive item. It definitely makes me very more cautious about pre-ordering stuff on a whim with the thought of if something comes out more I will just cancel it as now I know it can cost me from being able to get stuff. So while I will still use them I will definitely not be using them as much.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve got a lot of day 1 Hot Toys pre-orders with BBTS still and wanted to make sure they were going to get filled.

Now to log into my account and go back through my canceled orders with a calculator!

Haha I actually just did this!

I currently have (or had) 64 items on order from BBTS, of those I have canceled 21 of them so I am at a 33% cancellation rate. I do have a lot of standard Mezcos on order though, so will likely cancel but even then I should be under the random 70% mark..... Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth though.

They could have at least notified their customers of what was about to happen, while we still had a chance to track down the figure somewhere else. Its like they purposely waited until it was too late. :ohbfrank:

So BBTS took too many orders on Yondu and now has to cancel... isn't that a bit like what they're accusing naughty customers of doing?

Obviously they took too many orders beyond their allotted stock, counting on cancelations.

Exactly. At what point did they decide someone could skip in front of you? As soon as they started taking more orders than their allotment, they should've started notifying people right then :lecture Thats precious time we could have had to find another outlet. Like "Hey we're just not gonna fulfill your order cause you're on the bad list, so start looking " They already knew what they were going to do. If they had only taken enough orders to fulfill their allotment than, Yondu would show up in stock once they started canceling peoples orders. They took extra orders in secret with the intent of canceling people later on.

"These guys think they've secured their order, but just wait until we tell them, Mmwahahahahah!" :monkey4

I admit i cancel with bbts a lot, things just don't work out sometimes and i decide to pay ssc to have it sooner. When i first started buying from them they didn't take that much longer than ssc did to get items in. It seems nowadays that they just take forever to get anything ht related in stock, so if i cancel it's partially their fault. As to me moving to the back of the line though when i had it po'd for over a yr and yet some new guy just orders his and gets it right away? ****ing ********! The fact that i didn't cancel is the reason i can't get one now, irony. :slap

Back