1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4: Hot Toys - Quarter Scale - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

I have the enterbay batman begins and it's one of my favourite if not my favourite pieces. I'd still pick this up though but as it stands I think the enterbay beats it-both aren't perfect but when you look at the enterbay batman you see Christian bale as batman.
This not so much, I like the body but they've left that beer belly that hot toys always leaves on the begins figure in and the cowl is off.
I really hope the tweak it like they did the qs001

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it will still suffer from the same issues as the previous you can't really put in any kind of pose. The Liceanse on these figures must be ending soon so they are trying to get some figures out before it expires

I doubt Hot Toys would let the license expire on these.

Very surprised by this reveal. Looks pretty good so far. I love my Enterbay Bats, he's still one of my favorites in my collection, so this one has some very large shoes to fill IMO. Looking forward to seeing more.

I have the enterbay batman begins and it's one of my favourite if not my favourite pieces. I'd still pick this up though but as it stands I think the enterbay beats it-both aren't perfect but when you look at the enterbay batman you see Christian bale as batman.
This not so much, I like the body but they've left that beer belly that hot toys always leaves on the begins figure in and the cowl is off.
I really hope the tweak it like they did the qs001

Same feelings here aswell. When I'm looking at the pics and turn my head to the side where my EB Batman is displayed, i do still like the Enterbay more, it just has the spot-on likeness. I'm also not getting those posts where customers are dissappointed by the EB figure. Never had any issues with him and the rubber is still phenomenal. And the overall look of him is just a beast! Like you said, there are parts which aren't perfect, but overall it's just a phenomenal figure. HT has done a fantastic job here aswell, so don't understand me wrong. If the EB one would have not existed, i would be drooling all over the pictures of the Hot Toys figure. But having the eb one in-hand, it's just hard to think that the Hot Toys one is better. But even if not, i'll still grab him or some parts to upgrade the Enterbay one. The Christian Bale sculpt though looks really great. Finally a satisfying Bale sculpt from any company. Both, the QS001 and Enterbay were a huge let down, when it comes to the normal Bale sculpt.

I found two new pictures, coming from Michael Crawford:

sdcc2017-sideshow-54.jpg

sdcc2017-sideshow-55.jpg

Probably a dumb question we will get both sculpts with this figure right? I saw one video suggesting they were separate figures but that wouldn't make any sense.

Damn....Going to be brutal with all these stuff coming out. And now we 1/4 scale. :gah: :lol

1/4: Hot Toys - Quarter Scale - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Same feelings here aswell. When I'm looking at the pics and turn my head to the side where my EB Batman is displayed, i do still like the Enterbay more, it just has the spot-on likeness. I'm also not getting those posts where customers are dissappointed by the EB figure. Never had any issues with him and the rubber is still phenomenal. And the overall look of him is just a beast! Like you said, there are parts which aren't perfect, but overall it's just a phenomenal figure. HT has done a fantastic job here aswell, so don't understand me wrong. If the EB one would have not existed, i would be drooling all over the pictures of the Hot Toys figure. But having the eb one in-hand, it's just hard to think that the Hot Toys one is better. But even if not, i'll still grab him or some parts to upgrade the Enterbay one. The Christian Bale sculpt though looks really great. Finally a satisfying Bale sculpt from any company. Both, the QS001 and Enterbay were a huge let down, when it comes to the normal Bale sculpt.

I found two new pictures, coming from Michael Crawford:

sdcc2017-sideshow-54.jpg

sdcc2017-sideshow-55.jpg

Good to hear it's not just me.
I had the qs001-I actually had 2- but sold them both on as they paled alongside the enterbay batman.
Im not trying to up any company over another-my 1st hot toys was batman begins mms67 & I got 2 back when it was released & that's when I got into this hobby.
But a perfect batman begins would be great!
I'd of preferred another they'd taken another shot at 1/6 but this is my favourite batman so Il take what I can

Probably a dumb question we will get both sculpts with this figure right? I saw one video suggesting they were separate figures but that wouldn't make any sense.

It's not been confirmed but I doubt it will be sold separately-the qs001 had 3 heads and this only has 2 & then the harness.
This will be all in inclusive to one package

EB Batman will be hard to beat for sure, that thing is perfection. If HT somehow makes thing thing able do do poses and look good, then it will be a contender.

But I wouldn't blame anyone for skipping this altogether if they owned the EB. To this day, the best Nolan-Batman collectible ever made.

It's not been confirmed but I doubt it will be sold separately-the qs001 had 3 heads and this only has 2 & then the harness.
This will be all in inclusive to one package

Cool, thanks.

I don't have the EB Batman and not gonna be paying those eBay prices to get one so I think this version will be a must for me. Watching Dean Knights video on this figure he seems to think the cape won't be able to wrap around him. Disappointing if that's true, yet another Batman we'll have to find custom capes for. :lol

Cool, thanks.

I don't have the EB Batman and not gonna be paying those eBay prices to get one so I think this version will be a must for me. Watching Dean Knights video on this figure he seems to think the cape won't be able to wrap around him. Disappointing if that's true, yet another Batman we'll have to find custom capes for. :lol

toni mei is your guy. $ 200.

Do you think it will have PERS like the TDKR 1/4 scale Batman

EB Batman will be hard to beat for sure, that thing is perfection. If HT somehow makes thing thing able do do poses and look good, then it will be a contender.

But I wouldn't blame anyone for skipping this altogether if they owned the EB. To this day, the best Nolan-Batman collectible ever made.

With u on that fran

Hot Toys, please lose that lining on the cape. Not everyone is cool spending top dollar on top of the figure's price tag for a good cape.

SDCC-2017-Hot-Toys-DC-058.jpg

toni mei is your guy. $ 200.

:lol knew you'd say that. I'm not paying $200. Sure someone will make one more reasonably than that and I do love the cloaked look from Begins.

Curious about articulation. I don't need it to be in crazy extreme poses like you can achieve with the Neca version but something beyond statue that Enterbay gave us would be nice. Hopefully a stronger rubber/plastic material for the suit.

Hot Toys, please lose that lining on the cape. Not everyone is cool spending top dollar on top of the figure's price tag for a good cape.

SDCC-2017-Hot-Toys-DC-058.jpg

Why can't they just make the Cape outta the material they are using for the table cloth ! ! ! ! !

Tony Mei's capes are awesome.

Why can't they just make the Cape outta the material they are using for the table cloth ! ! ! ! !

Tony Mei's capes are awesome.

:lol that's true! That's the better and more accurate velvet material compared to what they put on the figure! Would surely drape nicely, too! :lol

yeah, I can't see spending the money on this one when I don't see clear advantages over priced my EB version
I am sure it will be better engineered than the EB version though

Back