1/4 Hot Toys - QS004 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Little Groot Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife surprised me the other day with the 1:1 Dancing Groot. She works at Walmart and found it the warehouse there. Just the one. It was $14.88. I was shocked when she surprised me with it. I did not even know they existed. I love this thing. It looks great and dances great. It's very loud too. Just hitting the button puts me into an instant good mood. Did I mention $14.88?!

Honestly, i got the "action hero" little version of Groot. It's bigger (about 7 1/2 inches compared to the HT one at 4 3/4 inches), has NO articulation and has a far worse looking paint details AND IS more expensive ($85 on BBTS). When i compare it to the Little Groot from HT, i don't think that the $45 for the HT one is really all that bad

Wow, I guess it's true - people just LOVE to hate on stuff.

I see this as a way for Hot Toys to expand their exposure and draw in new fans.

At this price Dave? I mean, if eventually they do a 1:4 scale Rocket and then people go "Oh, why didn't I get this before?" fine but as a standalone it feels overpriced even for Hot Toys.

My wife surprised me the other day with the 1:1 Dancing Groot. She works at Walmart and found it the warehouse there. Just the one. It was $14.88. I was shocked when she surprised me with it. I did not even know they existed. I love this thing. It looks great and dances great. It's very loud too. Just hitting the button puts me into an instant good mood. Did I mention $14.88?!

I was surprised a few days before Christmas eve & found these @ toys r us & snagged one for my gf. I didn't know them made them either & just randomly saw it on the shelves. she loved it, & I plan on getting her the Hot Toys one for her birthday in april to upgrade her, even though she could probably care less in the difference between both items :p

The family is holidaying in Hong Kong, bought this at Secret Base for the wife. Thought about making 2 more bodies for the extra heads. USD10/piece seems like a good price :)

Or just riding the Baby/Dancing Groot $$hype$$ train :lol ... I suppose this is delayed too... Give the damn dock workers what they want!!!!!

Not a fan of this figure, but I believe HT is trying to diversify and reach a non-traditional HT demographic.

I'm sure that's true and Dave said the same thing. I really don't think it showcases their abilities very much though. I mean any low-end company can and is making this for cheaper (with sounds and movement?) and I think people would be just as likely to buy those. I don't think having a posh 'high-end' version will be particularly appealing to the impulse buyers Hot Toys may be targeting but time will tell.

I was surprised a few days before Christmas eve & found these @ toys r us & snagged one for my gf. I didn't know them made them either & just randomly saw it on the shelves. she loved it, & I plan on getting her the Hot Toys one for her birthday in april to upgrade her, even though she could probably care less in the difference between both items :p

Any pics? Considering nabbing the TRU one as it's so much cheaper.

I'm sure that's true and Dave said the same thing. I really don't think it showcases their abilities very much though. I mean any low-end company can and is making this for cheaper (with sounds and movement?) and I think people would be just as likely to buy those. I don't think having a posh 'high-end' version will be particularly appealing to the impulse buyers Hot Toys may be targeting but time will tell.

I'm guessing this figure is of a higher quality than other Baby Groots? I don't know if people who have been collecting cheaper toys will even notice the difference or even care, but it's something to consider.

Same thing with the CNN story, HT's trying to become more of a mainstream player. Once your typical toy buyer can accept paying more than $50, then $100, then $200 for a toy, sorry, "high-end collectible," the deluge.

Got mine today. Cool little figure but definitely the biggest cash grab in HT history. Why they didn't go 1:1 is beyond me. It's almost like they screwed it up like the 12" Stonehenge in Spinal Tap. :lol Oh well. Love the movie so I'm happy I've got him. Sorry for the crappy pic quality:

Oh dear... yeah, that is something alright. I was tempted, but for what it is, way too expensive... I've settled for one of those Pop Vinyl figures. Normally I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole, but Baby Groot is one figure that suits the cutesy Pop Vinyl look..

I'm guessing this figure is of a higher quality than other Baby Groots? I don't know if people who have been collecting cheaper toys will even notice the difference or even care, but it's something to consider.

Same thing with the CNN story, HT's trying to become more of a mainstream player. Once your typical toy buyer can accept paying more than $50, then $100, then $200 for a toy, sorry, "high-end collectible," the deluge.

That was the point I was making, I don't think people will care that it's higher quality when there's cheaper options that actually dance to the song. (there is isn't there?) This character choice is as gimmicky and 'novelty' as they come. It really didn't demand high end sculpt treatment because the target audience won't be looking for or requiring an amazing sculpt of a tiny dancing potted plant with a smiley face - put the low-end options and the high-end HT option in front of this particular target audience and I think they will choose the low-end.

Or I know nothing and it'll fly off shelves.

Well, yeah, it'll fly off shelves. Whether or not this figure prods these newer consumers into wading into the deeper end of the collecting pool is anybody's guess.

I think it f they release 1/4 rocket people will stop complaining that this release makes no sense. But as is, it's just a smart cash grab. Nobody needs the buy it who doesn't want it. It's also possible, as others have mentioned, that they don't have the 1/1 license and this is the largest they could do.

Got mine today. Cool little figure but definitely the biggest cash grab in HT history. Why they didn't go 1:1 is beyond me. It's almost like they screwed it up like the 12" Stonehenge in Spinal Tap. :lol Oh well. Love the movie so I'm happy I've got him. Sorry for the crappy pic quality:

Wow. He looks pretty cool. Where did you get him from? Can't really find any place he is available at already for online ordering.

Back