Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
…. That is to long. Who the hell is gonna sit still for 6hrs to watch a movie? Seriously a lot of other people can do it what makes him so special that he needs 6 hrs to tell a coherent story on the screen? If he can’t do that then he should write books from now on .
Apparently, you are allowed to pause it or stop and resume whenever you want.

ya GIF

Yeah I highly doubt it's his best action ever but even 50% would be great! I'm waiting for the director's cuts to do them back to back.

Just so you know because Zack made this it's too long at 6 hours. If you can't tell a story in 2 hours bad writer etc etc ;)

Yeah, to be fair I think I also read some say “some of the best action he’s ever done,” etc. I think there was one review where the viewer felt it was “the” best action he’s done. It’ll be interesting to see where it falls on the Zack Snyder action ranking scale.

Yeah, as to the six hour length I’m sort of a long form guy to begin with (as one can tell from my posts!). I regularly watch deep dive 2-3 hour YT podcasts, e.g., Lex Friedman, Kurt Jaimungal, et al. And I like long movies. 🤷‍♂️

ya GIF

People do it all the time for entire seasons of TV series on streaming services. That’s about a 6 hour watch, actually, with breaks.* This is like a new normal for visual story consumption, actually.

*8 episodes x 42 minutes = 5.6 hours.

ya GIF
In a movie theater? And if you need to watch an entire film and pause and stop it during the middle what’s the point of watching it 😂. Just make a show then . Like whaaaaaat the lengths you guys go 😂

People do it all the time for entire seasons of TV series on streaming services. That’s about a 6 hour watch, actually, with breaks.* This is like a new normal for visual story consumption, actually.

*8 episodes x 42 minutes = 5.6 hours.
Tv series we are talking movies correct? Tv episodes a runtime and a story each episodes. It’s different with a show then watching a 6 hr film straight through lol

In a movie theater? And if you need to watch an entire film and pause and stop it during the middle what’s the point of watching it 😂. Just make a show then . Like whaaaaaat the lengths you guys go 😂
Agreed. 6 hours for a movie is ridiculous.
It's not a tv series, it's a movie. It's not edited as a tv series. It's not edited and paced to work as a 6 episode series.
Movies are to be edited and paced to work as a single watch and you don't have the best viewing experience chopping them into separate viewing sessions.
Movies simply aren't meant to watched as if they're a series. Trying to watch a long movie in chunks is just not enjoyable.
If you want to tell a 6hr story, just make a series for crying out loud.
I guess Snyder is too much of a hack to properly tell his "stories" in a professional manner.
I have no interest in watching Rebel Moon regardless of the runtime. Snyder is just ones of those flashy, shallow film makers. He's basically on the same level as Paul W S Anderson.

So, to you, if you have to take a break at all in the middle of a movie, it's not worth watching?

All the way up the mid 80s movies had intermissions in them.

If you are talking about lengths people go to, it's you and your bizarre hate/obsession with Zack Snyder

So, to you, if you have to take a break at all in the middle of a movie, it's not worth watching?

If you are talking about lengths people go to, it's you and your bizarre hate/obsession with Zack Snyder
Don't be ridiculous. Anyone in their right mind would find a 6 hour runtime excessive. It's just indulgent and a mark of a poor creator.

Agreed. 6 hours for a movie is ridiculous.
It's not a tv series, it's a movie. It's not edited as a tv series. It's not edited and paced to work as a 6 episode series.
Movies are to be edited and paced to work as a single watch and you don't have the best viewing experience chopping them into separate viewing sessions.
Movies simply aren't meant to watched as if they're a series. Trying to watch a long movie in chunks is just not enjoyable.
If you want to tell a 6hr story, just make a series for crying out loud.
I guess Snyder is too much of a hack to properly tell his "stories" in a professional manner.
I have no interest in watching Rebel Moon regardless of the runtime. Snyder is just ones of those flashy, shallow film makers. He's basically on the same level as Paul W S Anderson.
Lord of the Rings is 11+ hours.

Nah lil buddy don’t do that. Movies back then weren’t 6 hrs long. And if I’m watching a movie then that means I want to watch it all the way through. Why on earth would I pause it at the middle and pick it up later. That’s not how films work broski. By your logic. Every movie theater shoukd have a pause button and you can come back tomorrow and watch it

Also what hate obsession? Calling out silly stuff like what you just said is a hate obsession? Ok. I mean if you don’t like your opinion to be challenged that’s on you but of course I’m going to comment when I see something silly like what you just wrote

Don't be ridiculous. Anyone in their right mind would find a 6 hour runtime excessive. It's just indulgent and a mark of a poor creator.
lol . I like how they think people who have an exceptional small attention span already will sit for a 6 hr film? A tv show and sitting through an entire six hr slow motion movie is different

Nah lil buddy don’t do that. Movies back then weren’t 6 hrs long. And if I’m watching a movie then that means I want to watch it all the way through. Why on earth would I pause it at the middle and pick it up later. That’s not how films work broski. By your logic. Every movie theater shoukd have a pause button and you can come back tomorrow and watch it

Also what hate obsession? Calling out silly stuff like what you just said is a hate obsession? Ok. I mean if you don’t like your opinion to be challenged that’s on you but of course I’m going to comment when I see something silly like what you just wrote
Also, seeing either you (@T8OO) or @Alatar accuse someone else of having an obsession with ZS is pretty damn funny. Without you two this thread would be at most 2 pages long. :lol It's all good that you guys like his stuff but let's keep it real...

Little buddy?
Rebel Moon isn't 6 hours long. Each part will be 3 hours. Where's the problem?

Also, seeing either you (@T8OO) or @Alatar accuse someone else of having an obsession with ZS is pretty damn funny. Without you two this thread would be at most 2 pages long. :lol It's all good that you guys like his stuff but let's keep it real...
We're on a toy collecting forum, mainly used by adults. We are all mega fans of things. Generally, we spend the time on things we like, not dislike.

Perfectly fine with me if some feel six hours is too long for them to tolerate comfortably. But I’m not fussed about a 6 hour—or as mentioned an 11 1/2 hour film experience.

To be fair it is broken into two 3 hour movies. Obviously, anyone is free to watch them separately. But many of us plan to watch them concurrently, as the two parts were filmed concurrently. Which LotR’s three parts were as well, actually.

When we get into statements of objective truth or fact… which in reality are actually attitudes, opinions, likes/dislikes, etc… about a film being “bad” because simply by virtue of being longer than the standard form, that strikes me as skirting some sort of weird unintentional personal taste gatekeeping, haha!

Last edited:

Hey, I had exited way, way back in this thread. @Wor-Gar pulled me back in, you can blame him!

All I can do is continue to express how I see Snyder’s work, and explain why I like it, all the while acknowledging and accepting that others literally detest something that I have grown deeply fond of. I’m certainly not going to stop because if someone happens to feel aggrieved by that, though. I.e., that they would be aggravated by the fact that someone appreciates and enjoys Zack Snyder’s films.

I’m not a fan of some of them, btw. I don’t particularly care for Sucker Punch, Owls of Ga’Hoole, and Army of the Dead if that helps any! (Don’t hate them, but they don’t do anything for me, and I feel no inclination to watch them.)

Little buddy?
Rebel Moon isn't 6 hours long. Each part will be 3 hours. Where's the problem?
But you literally said cause the directors cut will be 6 hrs nobody will watch it cause Snyder is a bad writer in which I respond in saying yea of course nobody is going to sit through a six hr film especially a Snyder one

Back