1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black suit superman is somethin Iv always wanted since man of steel so it?s pretty much the only figure in the current pre order line up that I?m excited about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This reminds me that I’ll have to make accommodations for both of the two-pack characters. I’ve got limited display space and, even with a system of rotating figures. I’m already wondering how I can fit everything I eventually would like to display in my small 8x10 office/mancave where I use shelves instead of detolfs. I really dig the vibrant blue and red of the JL Superman and want to keep it on display but I’ll have to box him up in order to put black suit Superman on display with the rest of the League. Ditto for BvS Batman, possibly my favorite figure in my collection. Back into the box he’ll have to go in order to display Knightmare Bats.

I see Marco Art is indeed working on a 1/6 Darkseid print, as he messaged me.

See top left corner.

Very tempted. Even though no articulation, all he has to do is stand there and look bad-ass !

https://www.facebook.com/MarcoWorkshop

185482297_1252669158463547_2725354043889596171_n.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand your point is?

Hot Toys are lazy and don't care for DC much.

don't get me wrong, I've not owned Knightmare Batman and to have the Knightmare characters is going to be great. But incredibly lazy to just do old figures exactly as they came but repainted. Iron Man MK5 over here getting multiple upgrades.

don't get me wrong, I've not owned Knightmare Batman and to have the Knightmare characters is going to be great. But incredibly lazy to just do old figures exactly as they came but repainted. Iron Man MK5 over here getting multiple upgrades.

Why should they care for DC? There isnt exactly a lot of love for the movies.

It could be that HT know approval would be difficult for ZSJL from WB side. So they went the easy option.

I guess Cyborg will be the real test there...

Pure speculation on my part though, although based on real world facts re: WB's support of ZSJL = zero.

No denying that the MCU and Star Wars has enjoyed more mainstream success than the DCEU. But actually Snyder’s films (Josstice League doesn’t count) did pretty well financially, the main problem being that they were just controversial. Well, except for ZSJL which was well received critically as well as with GA.

But the main thing for Howard Chan to be concerned with is that the Snyderverse figures always sell out. They’re popular among collectors, that’s all that really matters.

No denying that the MCU and Star Wars has enjoyed more mainstream success than the DCEU. But actually Snyder?s films (Josstice League doesn?t count) did pretty well financially, the main problem being that they were just controversial. Well, except for ZSJL which was well received critically as well as with GA.

But the main thing for Howard Chan to be concerned with is that the Snyderverse figures always sell out. They?re popular among collectors, that?s all that really matters.

If they can make all the Venomized garbage (imo), a few reissues of the Zack Snyder Justice League wouldnt be too much to ask right?

I think the 2 pack is a weird combination. Based on the ZSJL, Knightmare should have been in a pack with a blue/red Superman, and a Black suit Superman should go with Tactical Batman.

I?m really hoping for Batman JL reissue, but with the stuff that is coming out, I cant imagine they can find a spot for more ZSJL figures.
Like Hoody999 said, licensing might be an issue especially since WB wants to move on from Snyderverse.

If they can make all the Venomized garbage (imo), a few reissues of the Zack Snyder Justice League wouldnt be too much to ask right?

I think the 2 pack is a weird combination. Based on the ZSJL, Knightmare should have been in a pack with a blue/red Superman, and a Black suit Superman should go with Tactical Batman.

I?m really hoping for Batman JL reissue, but with the stuff that is coming out, I cant imagine they can find a spot for more ZSJL figures.
Like Hoody999 said, licensing might be an issue especially since WB wants to move on from Snyderverse.

I'm patient. Am glad I got a chance to get the 2 pack now. I wanted both so win-win for me. Cyborg was rumoured by insiders to be coming. Sure that was a month or two ago, but he could still be coming. Yes, I know a potential major WB wall there too due to Ray Fisher. But maybe the people who run the Toy approval don't need to run everything by Toby Emmerich ??

Who knows what will come of this whole Discovery deal. I guess next year we will know better.

You'd better believe Hot Toys will be making Darkseid, Knightmare Superman and the others if Discovery CEO Zaslav does decide to go ahead with JL2 once the merger and general cleanup has happened.

Just remember the first thing Zaslav said was getting well know creative talent back to the studio (read Nolan, Villeneuve and I'd say Snyder considering the success of Army of the Dead and the internal streaming numbers for ZSJL). China was also a hit.

Luckily Kilar is also staying into 2022, I like to think, so he can at least keep Toby Emmerich and the others honest and not let them spread BS everywhere on what's gone down the last few years to save their jobs.

Finally Zack has recently said multiple times he is still up to coming back to do JL2 & 3. (Probably with the proviso that Emmerich is no longer there) So that is also a huge plus.

For me it's just the long waiting game now. Can only hope it plays out like we all hope.

Why should they care for DC? There isnt exactly a lot of love for the movies.

Eh, not exactly a lot of love for Hellboy or Alita or Valerian or Beauty and the Beast or Sweeney Todd etc. Hot Toys still make things like that.

Wasn't a lot of love for Suicide Squad and they made a whole slew of figures for it.

These are based on DC comics characters, even figures that don't sell as well as Marvel or Star Wars will sell more than pieces like these (not knocking them, I far enjoy unique releases more than standard).

Eh, not exactly a lot of love for Hellboy or Alita or Valerian or Beauty and the Beast or Sweeney Todd etc. Hot Toys still make things like that.

Wasn't a lot of love for Suicide Squad and they made a whole slew of figures for it.

These are based on DC comics characters, even figures that don't sell as well as Marvel or Star Wars will sell more than pieces like these (not knocking them, I far enjoy unique releases more than standard).

Exactly. I would even add, which fanbase has such an organised following than the ZSJL fanbase ?

It's definitely gone mainstream now and the views of ZNJL for services that show their views were very respectable.

Therefore wouldn't agree with Chris' throw-away comment either.

ZSJL back in number one spot in the UK.

WB's ain't gonna release crap on the viewing figures for this film. All those reports claiming it didn't do well on HBO Max America seemingly forget the rest of world was viewing other ways, and those other ways were viewed A LOT! And in big main markets.

Hope this discovery merger will happen and gets gears shifting with what could happen.

Snyder is on a full-on transparency with WB's atm and firing shots at them.

ZSJL back in number one spot in the UK.

WB's ain't gonna release crap on the viewing figures for this film. All those reports claiming it didn't do well on HBO Max America seemingly forget the rest of world was viewing other ways, and those other ways were viewed A LOT! And in big main markets.

Hope this discovery merger will happen and gets gears shifting with what could happen.

Snyder is on a full-on transparency with WB's atm and firing shots at them.

Given the clear position of Emmerich & WB on the topic of ZSJL I'm of the opinion if the viewing numbers/minutes on HBOMax USA were terrible they would have released them to gloat that they were right.

The fact they have not released anything speaks volumes to me.

Zaslav will see the numbers and hopefully correct things. The fact he mentioned the DC trinity in one of his speaches and had ZNJL on the presentation slide is also a positive sign.

I also like how Zack is now being a bit more vocal against WB. i.e that they have not contacted him at all since ZSJL released etc. Getting those sort of comments out there now is smart. It totally goes against Zaslav's predict of the studio's target of working with talent. Coupled with the Netflix success, Zaslav would have to be asking about that.

I think WB's game is simply they are just hoping Zack will give up on them and go off to Netflix and they can conveniently forget it all happened and go back to their cushy jobs, big paychecks and steering the DCEU in the wrong direction.

Zack has clearly said he'd be open to coming back. He's playing the smart game for the fans imo.

Plus he has Nolan and pretty much everyone else on his side to vouch for him.

Anyway time will tell.

Beauty and the Beast grossed more money than every single DCEU film, including Aquaman, their biggest hit. Suicide Squad, despite being terrible, was also a hit (and notice they didn't exactly do a deep dive on the cast; mostly a bunch of Joker and Harley variants and Batman despite the latter being a cameo). Sweeny Todd was also a modest success and was nominated for several Oscars.

They did make toys for Alita, Valerian and Hellboy, and presumably regretted that once the box office numbers came in. That's also why you didn't see them do more with the licenses after the fact. Notice that Amazing Spider-Man 2 never had Rhino or Green Goblin released either even though the former had a prototype shown off at cons.

I don't mean any of that to be rude, just that the examples being given were about standard practice for the other DC figures. It's usually the bare minimum unless the film is a huge hit.

This is excellent. A lot of Snyderverse information as well from the start.

There really isn't. Lightcast is a joke. They were saying, among other things that Hal Jordan would be in the Snyder Cut and played by some British rando who wound up playing a bit part as a generic soldier, that Justice League 2 and 3 were already done deals and the studio was just waiting to announce them after hype for the Snyder Cut died down, that HBO Max shows for Batfleck and Cyborg were already in the works and again were just a matter of waiting for official announcements, and that Ryan Reynolds was playing Hawkman in the Black Adam movie.

Any "news" they have about the Snyderverse is almost certainly more pandering nonsense they're pulling out of their asses. They make a living regurgitating stuff the fanbase wants to hear.

Last edited:
There really isn't. Lightcast is a joke. They were saying, among other things that Hal Jordan would be in the Snyder Cut and played by some British rando who wound up playing a bit part as a generic soldier, that Justice League 2 and 3 were already done deals and the studio was just waiting to announce them after hype for the Snyder Cut died down, that HBO Max shows for Batfleck and Cyborg were already in the works and again were just a matter of waiting for official announcements, and that Ryan Reynolds was playing Hawkman in the Black Adam movie.

Any "news" they have about the Snyderverse is almost certainly more pandering nonsense they're pulling out of their asses. They make a living regurgitating stuff the fanbase wants to hear.
Things change, the whole situation is fluid.

But believe whatever you want, I chose to believe that we are in the long game with the Snyderverse, and it all depends on what happens with the Discovery shakeup. At least they have ideas and plans in the works. It's better than no idea to show Zaslav.

Things change, the whole situation is fluid.
Are you implying that their claims were true at one time but plans changed? Because no, there's zero chance most of those were ever anything close to true. Again, they prey on desperate Snyder fans who are upset his vision was abandoned. Always be wary of those telling you exactly what you wanna hear.

Are you implying that their claims were true at one time but plans changed? Because no, there's zero chance most of those were ever anything close to true. Again, they prey on desperate Snyder fans who are upset his vision was abandoned. Always be wary of those telling you exactly what you wanna hear.
Yep…I’m always shocked that these people who are clearly making up stuff and spreading it on the internet for clicks and views can stay in business.
And then I remember that somehow, people still believe them, even though they offer no reason whatsoever to be believed, other than it being nice if it were true.

Yep…I’m always shocked that these people who are clearly making up stuff and spreading it on the internet for clicks and views can stay in business.
And then I remember that somehow, people still believe them, even though they offer no reason whatsoever to be believed, other than it being nice if it were true.
Yup.

Just gonna drop this here.

Back