Your #1 toy line of all time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
Not sure if there is a thread like this one. If there is, my apologies

Like the title says, What is your #1 favorite toy line of all time. Is it classic GI Joe? The Kenner Star Wars line? Playmates Teenage mutant ninja turtles? SideShow's the Dead or Perhaps Hot Toys Iron man :lol

It would be great to include reasons why it's your favorite, pics, year of release, notable figures in the lineup, or anything else you can think of.

-------------------------------------------

My favorite line of all time is the Palisades Resident Evil series released back in 2001 and spanned 3 series. The godlike sculpting followed by the fantastic amount of articulation on figures like this at the time impressed me to no end. Each figure came with a bounty of accessories, like guns, swap out body parts for the various creature transformations, and other signature items that were iconic to the game series, like the green herb and type writer. As mentioned, this lineup had 3 series of figures before the company went belly up (i think) and had to cancel any future products....My personal favorite was series 3. It had two huge monster figures and included the first figure of my favorite fictional character, Albert Wesker.

Here's a pic of series 3
PM12060lg.jpg

mines believe it or not it’s recent but the figure is incredible
Berserk Figma Guts

051.jpg

Gotta go with the classics here.

Transformers.

Star Wars.

GI Joe.

How can I possibly choose one out of those 3??

All three of them are still around, and as toy-making technology advances, the toys just get better and better. There's a wonderful charm to the vintage stuff, and I love the originals just as much today as I did in the 80s.

But now we have TF Masterpieces, GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra, and Star Wars Black series....all of them are just too awesome...I can't decide which is the best!

I really enjoy the Star Wars 30th anniversary line.

ShadowStormtrooper-SLFC-Front.jpg

and the Vintage collection

StarWars_Vintage2010Wave02_02.jpg

And for older lines, I like vintage He-Man, and vintage Indiana Jones.

GI Joe ARAH. In an era of 5 POA, the Joes were superposable. The vehicles and playsets were amazing. What other toyline was bold enough to make something like the Flagg?

Transformers, G1, having two-in-one toys were not a new invention but it brought the concept into the forefront. Combined with the cartoon, it couldn't miss.

Vintage Kenner SW for me. :rock

Followed by the 2010-2012 Hasbro SW Vintage Collection.

There's many others that I love, but SW always gets 1st place. :cool:

Wow^ Not quite the same figures I had as a child but obviously updated versions of all the same guys. Memory lane there.

Vintage Kenner SW for me. :rock

Followed by the 2010-2012 Hasbro SW Vintage Collection.

There's many others that I love, but SW always gets 1st place. :cool:

Sweet! I have a number of the more valuable figures from that line.

Did you enjoy the 30th line?

I can barely make heads nor tails of what they're releasing now with this Black series crap. I wouldn't even know what scale I was ordering. Vizam is the only figure of interest in the latest batch, I presume he's 3 3/4" but its not exactly clear. Very poor branding this year

For me hands down it is Bandai's S.H. Figuarts line. i am obsessed with Kamen Rider and Super Sentai and this line has given show accurate, super-poseable figures of my favorite characters for years now. They may be a newer line, but it encompasses everything I want from a figure line. Exquisite sculpting, advanced articulation, multitudes of accessories and awesome character selection.

Back