Your #1 toy line of all time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too bad these babies are getting to expensive & hard to collect.

IMG_8606.jpg

DSCF0105a02.jpg

Dino-Riders-Lot_1337794372.jpg

No contest.....

G.I_Joe_American_Hero.jpg

Yup, absolutely.

Competition for the runners up would be a bit tighter (He Man, TMNT, a few others), but when it comes down to time spent playing with the toys themselves, GI Joe in an absolute landslide.

Although "playing with" might be a loose term. I'd set up these incredibly elaborate plot lines (for a ~7-8 year old, anyway). I'd give the figures literally two+ hours of backstory, and then have them actually fighting for like ten minutes.

My Joes moonlighted in a specialized wrestling federation. They had tournament style matches all the time. I'd fill out a tournmanet bracket to keep track of the matches. I even turned my WWF wrestling ring into a G I Joe open sided mat for their matches. It was pretty damn elaborate, I had several titles and story lines that ran for a years :monkey3......I would even use a red crayola marker for blood matches :slap.....:monkey2

What an idiot :lol

I guess I'd have to say Godzilla right now but I'm pretty much all over the place !

My Joes moonlighted in a specialized wrestling federation. They had tournament style matches all the time. I'd fill out a tournmanet bracket to keep track of the matches. I even turned my WWF wrestling ring into a G I Joe open sided mat for their matches. It was pretty damn elaborate, I had several titles and story lines that ran for a years :monkey3......I would even use a red crayola marker for blood matches :slap.....:monkey2

OMG! I used to do something similar! Fun times =)

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were reigning TT champs for yrs LOL

I primarily used mine to re-enact scenes from Red Dawn and Rambo.

For "Red Dawn" scenarios I didn't pretend they were high school kids but rather special forces called in to free occupied American towns from the russkies.

My story was usually a take on this--Cobra has captured some Joe, and all the other Joes go to rescue him. Ultimately, everyone gets killed except one guy :lol I'm not even sure if the hostage usually survived or not.

Had to google these guys since I stopped buying toys to play with after 1985. I assumed these were 90's toys but was surprised to see they were released in 1988-89. Pretty awesome looking actually. You guys that were just a bit younger than me must have had a blast with them.

Mine probably has to be Playmates World of Springfield Simpsons line. It had such a wide depth of characters and some great playsets. I'm thrilled NECA is continuing with its style with their new Celebrity figures. :rock

Marvel ******ing Legends. Toybiz bridged the jump from 90s 5 POA 5" figures to super poseable and articulated 6" ones in the early 2000s and they basically provided a new standard in the toy industry in terms of articulation and detail, how it should be done. Then Hasbro picked up the license, took a @*($ on it but now they're doing a pretty good job after 4-5 years.

I can say at its time I enjoyed:
Neca - nightmare before Christmas line
Palisades - Muppets line
Hasbro Star Wars since 1996 (has died completely since they ended the vintage line)

Had to google these guys since I stopped buying toys to play with after 1985. I assumed these were 90's toys but was surprised to see they were released in 1988-89. Pretty awesome looking actually. You guys that were just a bit younger than me must have had a blast with them.

I actually bought these for my sons. Left the whole collection when I left my 2nd wife. Been kicking myself in the behind for that for the last 20 years now.
By the way the boys were mine and they came with me.

My story was usually a take on this--Cobra has captured some Joe, and all the other Joes go to rescue him. Ultimately, everyone gets killed except one guy :lol I'm not even sure if the hostage usually survived or not.

Sounds like the rescue of Private James Francis Ryan.

Back