X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 90's must have been a tough decade. The same goes for the rest of the cast. :lol

ikdrd0F.jpg

Lol anybody who defends this trash continuity is delusional. I mean how do u **** up so bad. You wanted to keep the rights so bad you **** up the franchise in the process. Good going

He really is box office poison isn't he.

This just keeps getting better...

Lauren Shuler Donner put out: “Save your condolences I had zero, nothing to do with Dark Phoenix, or Apocalypse or New Mutants.”

:rotfl :rotfl

It’s not even monday lol

Holy crap i’m crying lol

But WAIT! Wait just one second!

Isn’t she best friends with Feige?!?!?!

Ohhhh man.....poor Kinberg.

Last edited:
Has any comic book movie actor found success outside those films? Christian Bale is the exception, but he does Oscar movies.

Zoe Saldana, lol.
Chris Pratt in JW flicks.
Karen Gillian in Jumanji.
Damn the GotG do pretty well don't they.

Keaton and Cumberbatch both seem equally at home in cbm's or profitable Oscat bait.

I’m not a huge fan of the character either. I didn’t care for the Phoenix or Dark Phoenix sagas. They didn’t age well IMO.

I loved a few years back when Jane Foster Thor kicked the Phoenix Forces’ ***.

That’s a character Marvel should bring to the big screen. That’s one of the best comic runs I’ve ever read.

I always hated Jean and the Phoenix. She's a lame character. I'm glad the phoenix story failed again. No need for the MCU do it either. :yess:

However, it'll be tough to find a better cast than the Fox Men.

You guys and gals taking it too harsh. Maybe X-Men not as popular, at least in movie presence? There's plenty to watch out there. Strangely, this Saturday was mostly empty in the movie theater's parking lot.

Just got home from viewing this. I'd heard all of the talk over the many months about how horrible this film was. I love the X-Men and decided I would give it a fair chance. I enjoyed it and so did my wife. There are obvious continuity problems, but as an X-Men movie, it wasn't too bad. I must admit that Jean herself was a little ho hum.

I'm glad the Fox days are behind us, but at the same time I am thankful for them. The original X-Men movie was the first really successful Marvel movie and paved the way for everything we've gotten since. I'm very eager for Disney to have a crack at them, and it's going to be a terribly long and difficult wait until then.

However, it'll be tough to find a better cast than the Fox Men.

This.

Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender - despite the continuity issues arising from the Fox Men universe making these the very same versions of their respective characters, just older and younger - I don't think you could have asked for better actors playing these characters. They all did a terrific job. Part of me wishes they could continue in the MCU.

Hugh Jackman also proved to be a gem, albeit, almost wholly inaccurate to the comicbook description of the character. However, for many, his performances define Wolverine going forward regardless of the comics.

This.

Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender - despite the continuity issues arising from the Fox Men universe making these the very same versions of their respective characters, just older and younger - I don't think you could have asked for better actors playing these characters. They all did a terrific job. Part of me wishes they could continue in the MCU.

Hugh Jackman also proved to be a gem, albeit, almost wholly inaccurate to the comicbook description of the character. However, for many, his performances define Wolverine going forward regardless of the comics.

I think Beast was perfect in X3, even if the film wasn't great. Mystic was also done well in the original trilogy. Colossus and Deadpool are also flawless, imo. Even though I don't think Wolverine is accurate, Jackman made him iconic and for the general audience, he's Wolverine.

He's Wolverine to me. I know that is blasphemous to comic fans who expect a manlet, butterface of a man but Jackman was just too good in his own right to disregard.

Love them or hate them the Fox-men were a nice counter programming to the usual super hero fare. They were usually more reflective and character rather than action focused. Now that Disney took over I doubt it will the case anymore. I personally still think that Disney taking over Fox is a bad thing for cinema goers as it really just means less offerings and less diversity. Let’s face it movies like Logan or Deadpool would never happen under Disney. This is the first summer of Disney dominated box office and I’m already bored. It’s all just sequels and remakes of their cartoons. And it’s not just blockbusters, Fox used to distribute and produce a lot of smaller and independent films, I wonder what will happen with that now. They already shut down Fox 2000

Love them or hate them the Fox-men were a nice counter programming to the usual super hero fare. They were usually more reflective and character rather than action focused. Now that Disney took over I doubt it will the case anymore. I personally still think that Disney taking over Fox is a bad thing for cinema goers as it really just means less offerings and less diversity. Let’s face it movies like Logan or Deadpool would never happen under Disney. This is the first summer of Disney dominated box office and I’m already bored. It’s all just sequels and remakes of their cartoons. And it’s not just blockbusters, Fox used to distribute and produce a lot of smaller and independent films, I wonder what will happen with that now. They already shut down Fox 2000

This is so true. Who would’ve thought I wouldn’t be counting down the days until a new Spider-Man Movie, with MYSTERIO nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back